Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options
1144145146147148150»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

The muppets from the other thread were out in force tonight with their"thanks" though I hardly deserved it,the first one was 4th at 8s got the place bit as pp were paying 4 places,had 2 of the 3 in the tri-cast inc the winner and the other 2 lost,still if it kept the muppets busy it was worth it.:D

Why do you insist on this nonsense? If you did tricast and only 2 are in the top 3,is that not a losing bet? At no stage in your post did you say you were backing gorgeous norah.to win,yet you come on here hours after the race and say that you did back the winner.its this type of thing that riles people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Ah look its really simple.
    We are all big boys and girls,dont comment or follow if you dont like it.
    We dont need a police force on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Spoofed gona spoof

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Why do you insist on this nonsense? If you did tricast and only 2 are in the top 3,is that not a losing bet? At no stage in your post did you say you were backing gorgeous norah.to win,yet you come on here hours after the race and say that you did back the winner.its this type of thing that riles people.

If you have problems with him why don't you send him a PM about them. Many of us are glad of the views he gives on various horses and races and have no interest in whatever does or doesn't rile you.

If you have problems with him why don't you send him a PM about them. Many of us are glad of the views he gives on various horses and races and have no interest in whatever does or doesn't rile you.

Thats the point,some us see through the posts,some dont.i have no agenda here,i just find it irkseome that some people cannot except when they have losing bets and then try and treat people like fools by trying to turn them into winning bets by spoofing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Thats the point,some us see through the posts,some dont.i have no agenda here,i just find it irkseome that some people cannot except when they have losing bets and then try and treat people like fools by trying to turn them into winning bets by spoofing.

I used to work for paddy power, a long time ago mind you.
    You can only imagine what I had to listen to on a daily basis :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Who cares though? It's a person you don't know who posts on the internet regarding horses and he has good runs of luck doing so. What difference does it make to any of us if he is indeed spoofing? I just find it really bizarre people get so upset over internet bragging rights, is there nothing better going on in your lives?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

What I find gas is that neither redzer or droidman have ever posted a winner in this thread. Zimmer has had loads. So really the mods should be banning these plonkers since they are adding nothing but negative vibes to the forum. The mods seem to be completely awol of course.

Anyway I'll put up two fancies for Kempton later.

First is buckland beau in the 4.40 who was given a tender ride lto and was dropped four pounds to his last winning mark of 70 which he races off today. 10-1

In the 6.10 is a highly speculative bet where Fran Berry rides Is it Off. The colt wasn't disgraced in a class 4 lto staying on over 6 furlongs. Steps up in distance today and drops in class. The big unknown is the surface of course (unraved on poly track) and whether the jockey will be trying at all. But Gary Moore is no stranger to big winners at Kempton and at 33-1 or more I will have a dabble ew.

Good luck if you play ;)

What difference does it make to any of us if he is indeed spoofing? I just find it really bizarre people get so upset over internet bragging rights, is there nothing better going on in your lives?

In all the years I've been on boards anytime lads have been pulled on aftertiming it has hit a nerve with them so it's the same thing is it not?

Most in the gambling thread stopped posting when pulled up on it and in those cases it was no loss in fairness as unlike zimmer they were only putting up losers anyway.

There was a poster here years ago by the name of coughlan, was the king of all spoofers to the point where he was photoshopping his bets until he was caught out and never heard from again.
    His log was pure comedy in fairness, am sure some will remember back that far.

pearcider wrote: »
    What I find gas is that neither redzer or droidman have ever posted a winner in this thread. Zimmer has had loads. So really the mods should be banning these plonkers since they are adding nothing but negative vibes to the forum. The mods seem to be completely awol of course.

Anyway I'll put up two fancies for Kempton later.

First is buckland beau in the 4.40 who was given a tender ride lto and was dropped four pounds to his last winning mark of 70 which he races off today. 10-1

In the 6.10 is a highly speculative bet where Fran Berry rides Is it Off. The colt wasn't disgraced in a class 4 lto staying on over 6 furlongs. Steps up in distance today and drops in class. The big unknown is the surface of course (unraved on poly track) and whether the jockey will be trying at all. But Gary Moore is no stranger to big winners at Kempton and at 33-1 or more I will have a dabble ew.

Good luck if you play ;)
    ah now get a grip! you don't ban people for nothing, sure you might as well ban people for complaining about the weather at that rate.

Buckland beau ran up a nice streak years back, well due a win now, hope it's today for you.
    good luck with your picks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

mailburner wrote: »
    ah now get a grip! you don't ban people for nothing, sure you might as well ban people for complaining about the weather at that rate.

Buckland beau ran up a nice streak years back, well due a win now, hope it's today for you.
    good luck with your picks :)

I'd have no issue with them laying into Zimmer if they were also putting up their own fancies on a regular or even semi regular basis. Let them do that before they come in here casting stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I never said I backed the winner Gorgeous Norah,i stated I had two in the tri-cast including the winner Gorgeous Norah and of course it is a losing bet.

I NEVER CLAIMED IT TO BE A WINNING BET,i simply stated that I had two in the tri-cast inc the winner,but of course yourself and your demented handful of spoofer followers seemingly are unable to decipher simple English.

pearcider wrote: »
    I'd have no issue with them laying into Zimmer if they were also putting up their own fancies on a regular or even semi regular basis. Let them do that before they come in here casting stones.

I had the same issue with one particular gent here on this same thread who only posted losers but was quick to jump on my back when I hit a bad streak.
    I don't like to see lads losing money and despise those who gloat at others misfortune when it comes to gambling which I don't think is the case here in fairness.

I never said I backed the winner,yet you state I did,are you crazy or what?:p

I never said I backed the winner,yet you state I did,are you crazy or what?:p

But you tried to give the impression that you did.theres a lot of " muppet" references being made, can i be stadtler and maybe you could be waldorf?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Droidman, I don't think Zimmer says anywhere here that he backed the winner, he said he had 2 outa 3 in the tricast which included the winner.....

The listed race at Kempton tonight is worth a look today and it it is also a fast track entry to good Friday at Lingfield.

So Beloved has done most of his racing over 7 furlongs on turf but runs as if a mile will suit and did run ok over a mile way back,not getting any younger but is too big a price at 9/1 and still has a rating that is is good enough to win this and I am backing it ew,Kem 6 40.

Another old stager tryng to get his head in front is Suegioo in the 7 10 over 2 miles.It is not so long ago since Suegioo was running in group races and getting placed,has dropped to a good mark now and can repay ew support at 8/1.

I will have an ew single on both and a small ew double.

But you tried to give the impression that you did.theres a lot of " muppet" references being made, can i be stadtler and maybe you could be waldorf?

First you state I said "i backed the winner"and when it is clearly shown I did not say that,you change it to "i tried to give the impression that I did".

It looks like a bit of a porky pie to me that you told initially and then you try to interpret what I stated in a way that tries to give credence to the original lie you told.Tut tut you you must not rely on falsehoods to make a point and I suppose you will remove the post with the lie?

First you state I said "i backed the winner"and when it is clearly shown I did not say that,you change it to "i tried to give the impression that I did".

It looks like a bit of a porky pie to me that you told initially and then you try to interpret what I stated in a way that tries to give credence to the original lie you told.Tut tut you you must not rely on falsehoods to make a point and I suppose you will remove the post with the lie?

Why bother even telling people you had the winner in a race that was a losing bet for you? Whats the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Why bother even telling people you had the winner in a race that was a losing bet for you? Whats the point?

Why do you care so much? Lose the Christmas money on a bet or something? Please post fancies or take this to PM if you have issues. Put them on ignore. It's beyond pathetic!

• Advertisement

I was simply commenting on how the horses I mentioned ran,the fact that you do not see the point in it does not give you the right to say I said something else,why did you lie about what I posted?anyone who reads your post can see you were lying.

I am not aware of anyone who "cannot except (sic) when they have losing bets and then try and treat people like fools by trying to turn them into winning bets by by spoofing"

Do you think those who post on the "fancies" thread are stupid? Your post is insulting those on thread who clearly do not wish to be called "numties" and idiots by you and a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Fran Berry just finished 3rd there on I Can @33/1

I am not aware of anyone who "cannot except (sic) when they have losing bets and then try and treat people like fools by trying to turn them into winning bets by by spoofing"

Do you think those who post on the "fancies" thread are stupid? Your post is insulting those on thread who clearly do not wish to be called "numties" and idiots by you and a few others.

Now you are just trying to round up the troops,very sad indeed.if you are not aware of anyone who cannot accept when they have losing bets,then you obviously dont read your own posts.i have seen through your codology a long time back,and you can stop trying to say i think people who post on here are idiots,i dont have to resort to insulting people to make a point.you have let your guard down here and on the other thread in the last few days,i seen through it a good while back though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Nothingbutbets

Can we be done with all this nonsense lads? it’s been going on for far too long. Just agree to disagree and leave it

Get back to what the thread is actually about

Cheers

Can we be done with all this nonsense lads? it’s been going on for far too long. Just agree to disagree and leave it

Get back to what the thread is actually about

Cheers

Fair point

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Oh look, despite me saying not to go on elsewhere, **** was continued here.

How old are you all?

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement