Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Monksland 6/1 (2:30)

Think he has a good shot at getting in the mix. Was not expecting him to be an outsider in the market

Monksland nabbed second after a good run - although not good enough for my win bet

• Registered Users Posts: 42 theshea

I suffered a reverse yesterday following a very good run.

Busy with other matters today and hoping to get back on track with just one bet.

Grendisar is one of my favourite horses,always held up out the back he has to thread through the field and has a devastating finishing kick.
    Jockeys do not always get it right and he is often flying at the finish and sometimes the line comes too soon.
    Festive Fare is all the rage in today's listed race 2 55 Lingfield and is a very good horse,but if Grendisar can time it right he can cut him down before the line.
    I am having a good ew bet on Grendisar and though I will not see the race live I will watch it later without knowing the result and will be hoping to see that turn of foot in action.

Very well predicted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I suffered a reverse yesterday following a very good run.

Busy with other matters today and hoping to get back on track with just one bet.

Grendisar is one of my favourite horses,always held up out the back he has to thread through the field and has a devastating finishing kick.
    Jockeys do not always get it right and he is often flying at the finish and sometimes the line comes too soon.
    Festive Fare is all the rage in today's listed race 2 55 Lingfield and is a very good horse,but if Grendisar can time it right he can cut him down before the line.
    I am having a good ew bet on Grendisar and though I will not see the race live I will watch it later without knowing the result and will be hoping to see that turn of foot in action.
    Saw nothing of today's racing,will watch it all later,but just watched Grendisar win and enjoyed seeing the jockey go a bit early because of the lack of pace.

Grendisar proved again today how good he is and I am almost a monkey up thanks to his performance.

The pints tonight will be on PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Dexcite 14:20 Fakenham @6/4

• Advertisement

Yes I Did 13:50 Sedgefield @1/2

I backed a horse in the 4 25 at Southwell over 1 mile called Claude Greenwood who won a race over 11 furlongs at Southwell only 8 or 9 hours ago.

Won very easily when ridden by a 7 lb claiming girl who never had to touch him with the whip.
    Dropping back 3 furlongs might pu some people off but not me.

I had no interest in the race he won except to watch a horse called Engai who I would have backed if the race was on any of the other aw tracks.

Engai showed nothing on 2 previous runs on the surface but is well handicapped if it runs on any of the other aw tracks and should go in the tracker.
    Engai went off at a very fast pace and duly weakened when joined by Claude Greene.
    Claude was having his first run on fibresand and did it so easily I think he will win today despite the drop in trip.

Looks a much improved animal and is a good ew bet 5 at the moment.
    Sorry for the long story.

I backed a horse in the 4 25 at Southwell over 1 mile called Claude Greenwood who won a race over 11 furlongs at Southwell only 8 or 9 hours ago.

Won very easily when ridden by a 7 lb claiming girl who never had to touch him with the whip.

I had no interest in the race he won except to watch a horse called Engai who I would have backed if the race was on any of the other aw tracks.

Engai showed nothing on 2 previous runs on the surface but is well handicapped if it runs on any of the other aw tracks and should go in the tracker.
    Engai went off at a very fast pace and duly weakened when joined by Claude Greene.
    Claude was having his first run on fibresand and did it so easily I think he will win today despite the drop in trip.

Looks a much improved animal and is a good ew bet 5s at the moment.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Looks a much improved animal and is a good ew bet 5s at the moment.

listed as non runner with PP now

Pirates Treasure 14:10 Southwell @15/8

• Advertisement

Minella Awards 15:05 Huntington @7/4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Two Fancies

Jennies Jewel 2/1 W
    Ballyandy 3/1 W

May all your selections run straight and true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

Dicosimio looks huge @ 20/1 in the betfair today.he was mighty impressive lto and obviously this is a big step up,backed it e/w.I also like the look of truth or dare in the 3.45 lingfield,backed it to win @6/1

That betfair is littered with classy young hurdlers, A few supreme/even champion? bound no doubt

Jennies jewel was really poor. Not that I would have found the 8/1 winner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

BumperD wrote: »
    Jennies jewel was really poor. Not that I would have found the 8/1 winner

Yeah i backed jennies jewel bumper,and same,i would never have backed the winner either

Was top gamble 7/2 last night?

Kalkir will put the pearse hurdle form to the test in the next

Ballyandy ensured I got something out, onto tomorrow

A few shorties around today which are hard to back on their own so I've lumped the two favs (blow by blow/westend story) in the last at Navan & Exeter in a 1.8 double. Not the biggest prices but both have good form & the fields have cut up - they should get the job done. Moleniux in the last at Exeter is well bred. Hoping the two favs do the business. Was looking at Fingal Bay in the chase at Exeter at evs but he's up against a couple who might spoil the party once again.

• Advertisement

A few shorties around today which are hard to back on their own so I've lumped the two favs (blow by blow/westend story) in the last at Navan & Exeter in a 1.8 double. Not the biggest prices but both have good form & the fields have cut up - they should get the job done. Moleniux in the last at Exeter is well bred. Hoping the two favs do the business. Was looking at Fingal Bay in the chase at Exeter at evs but he's up against a couple who might spoil the party once again.

They win as odds on shots should. Ensures some cash for Naas next weekend

Arthamint 15:30 Plumpton @5/2

I am busy these days and nights so not much time to study form,got the two at 8/11 and 4/9 in a double.

Lochnell 15:30 Ayr @7/2

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

5:50 Kempton
    Isharah 3/1

Cat O'Mountain 10/1 (5.55 Meyden)

Hopefully Ertijaal does not like this surface on his debut - if he does he wins by lenghts

tinodz wrote: »
    Cat O'Mountain 10/1 (5.55 Meyden)

Hopefully Ertijaal does not like this surface on his debut - if he does he wins by lenghts

No look. Ertijaal hated surface though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Little nipple at Little Lord Nelson here

Robbed

• Advertisement

Nibble not nipple obviously :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement