Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

BumperD wrote: »
    Gigginstown have farmed the graded chase in Naas tomorrow and throw 3 darts. I'm going to give the outsider of the field captain Von trapped a go ew. He won what usually turns out to be a decent beginners chase back in oct, a few ragged races since but the blinkers are fitted tomorrow and I'll punt they bring out an improved effort. Jockey booking won't hurt either.

3rd. Doubt he's as good as I thought.

Hurry Henrys last race has worked out well. Worth an ew in the next at Naas 20/1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Hurry Henrys last race has worked out well. Worth an ew in the next at Naas 20/1

Backed it myself. One for the tracker id say. A very laid back type with the Cheekpieces on today. 20s was a big price though for something that kind of form from the last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Oscar Jane 14:00 Taunton @11/10

Rockwood 14:55 Woverhampton @4/1

• Advertisement

Gunner Moyne 14:00 Lingfield @5/4

Dickie Johnson having a great run. He has some big priced runners tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Dickie Johnson having a great run. He has some big priced runners tomorrow

Is it possible to get a list of his runners in one place for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Stick his name into one of the trackers.

Doyler92 wrote: »

Of course. This is one place but there are others.

http://www.racingpost.com/horses/jockey_home.sd?jockey_id=12290#topJockTabs=jockey_entries&bottomJockTabs=jockey_form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,581 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Doyler92 wrote: »

Sporting life ABC guide, open the excel file and search his name

Few mkt movers worth keeping an eye on:
    Lakeside on the bumper navan 8's into 3's
    sir abbot in navan 4 into 2
    ericht in kempton 6's into 3's
    si senor lingfield 7/2 into 5/2 for pricewise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I have been away from here for a while helping a friend get back into the Dail and duly did get back and got me a decent bet up in the process.
    I will miss Chel as a result as I had to renege on promise to take the ball and chain to Portugal and for a whole variety of reasons can only go on the 13th of March.
    I will see all the racing and can bet online and as I do not go mad punting due to the difficulty of getting winners it might be best to be away.

I am backing one in Ling today in the 2 40 and I think he has a real good ew chance.
    Fleckerl has been running over a mile for most of his life and his current trainer won with him just over a week ago over 7 furlongs when he showed a good turn of foot to come from behind and win easily.
    Now dropped in distance again to 6 furlongs he can beat a few who are not running well at the moment.
    Baddilini has not won in 13 runs and needs to drop a bit lower in the weights.
    Hoof Along won at SWell off 87 and is probably not good enough to win this.
    Isemist won on turf but failed off much lower marks on the aw.
    Patrick is only ok on the aw and has been off for a while.
    Varsovian runs well for short periods and can win 2 or 3 on the bounce but has not won when rated above 80 and is worth keeping an eye on when he hits form
    So Fleckerl dropping back in distance should be able to come from the back and win again 6 to 1 is a good price and he is an ew bet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Moonday Sun at Lingfield surely too good for these lot. We know Butler likes a gamble and is been backed again.

Bit short at 7/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I have been away from here for a while helping a friend get back into the Dail and duly did get back and got me a decent bet up in the process.
    I will miss Chel as a result as I had to renege on promise to take the ball and chain to Portugal and for a whole variety of reasons can only go on the 13th of March.
    I will see all the racing and can bet online and as I do not go mad punting due to the difficulty of getting winners it might be best to be away.

I am backing one in Ling today in the 2 40 and I think he has a real good ew chance.
    Fleckerl has been running over a mile for most of his life and his current trainer won with him just over a week ago over 7 furlongs when he showed a good turn of foot to come from behind and win easily.
    Now dropped in distance again to 6 furlongs he can beat a few who are not running well at the moment.
    Baddilini has not won in 13 runs and needs to drop a bit lower in the weights.
    Hoof Along won at SWell off 87 and is probably not good enough to win this.
    Isemist won on turf but failed off much lower marks on the aw.
    Patrick is only ok on the aw and has been off for a while.
    Varsovian runs well for short periods and can win 2 or 3 on the bounce but has not won when rated above 80 and is worth keeping an eye on when he hits form
    So Fleckerl dropping back in distance should be able to come from the back and win again 6 to 1 is a good price and he is an ew bet for me.

Like myself Zim it was great to see we got Willie O'Dea in !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

That is close lads.

Edit: Get in Zim! Well done!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Cheers Zim :)

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

Nice one Zimmermania

Like myself Zim it was great to see we got Willie O'Dea in !

Not likely,i had a huge (for me) bet on my friend winning a seat and I do not bet on 1/80 chances.
    I got the price of 2 holidays out of it and I will leave it at that.

I could not believe 15/2 was available in Lads for Fleckerl and I helped myself.

• Advertisement

Point North might be a bit of value in the first 2 20 at wol tomorrow over 5 furlongs.
    It is hard to believe that he started 2nd fav for a 10 furlong race at ascot some time ago.
    He has won over 8 and a half furlongs and ran off a mark of 90 one time and now runs off 69.
    Won well over the cd last time and often puts 2 or 3 good runs together,will be running on strongly at the finish and can win again.
    7/2 now and might ease out to 4s making him a good bet.
    These 5 furlong sprints are not easy to predict but if the gaps open he should win.

Just one other bet today in the 7 45 at Kempton Rose Above.
    A very well bred Yeats filly,she was always going to improve for a longer trip and has run well in two maidens on the AW this year without being knocked about.

Very lightly raced she has more improvement than most in this 8 runner handicap and even though she will stay further in time is worth a decent ew punt today running against a few exposed types.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Point North might be a bit of value in the first 2 20 at wol tomorrow over 5 furlongs.
    It is hard to believe that he started 2nd fav for a 10 furlong race at ascot some time ago.
    He has won over 8 and a half furlongs and ran off a mark of 90 one time and now runs off 69.
    Won well over the cd last time and often puts 2 or 3 good runs together,will be running on strongly at the finish and can win again.
    These 5 furlong sprints are not easy to predict but if the gaps open he should win.

Easy, great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭minibear

Sweet! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Are you psychic or something Zimmer? That's the second time in a couple you have read a race to a tee before it's been run. This time you even told us the sp.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just one other bet today in the 7 45 at Kempton Rose Above.
    A very well bred Yeats filly,she was always going to improve for a longer trip and has run well in two maidens on the AW this year without being knocked about.

Very lightly raced she has more improvement than most in this 8 runner handicap and even though she will stay further in time is worth a decent ew punt today running against a few exposed types.

well done Zimmer.. won by half the track!

and drifted on betfair

Big thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

3 in a row Zimmermania top stuff and i backed them all, thank you.

Nothing much for me today but I have backed Pinzolo at 13/8 for the 7 40 at Chelm,Godolphin like to target the Good Friday meeting at Ling and winning today gets the winner in automatically.
    Pinzolo ran well behind a stablemate last time,running wide into the straight when it was clear his stablemate was going to win and he is sure to get the trip today.

Barye from Richard Hughes yard is being talked up for this but has not run further than 1 1/2 miles and is not certain to stay.
    Three in the race have no chance so its Pinzolo for me,if there is any money for Barye,Pinzolo may drift and if he does I will go in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Ok am looking a a bit of a mad one today!!! The first in Ludlow is a 16 horse race. Fav is 2/5 next is 7/1 then 2@ 11's one at 16 and all the others (11) range between 40-200/1 :D Anyways i will be backing 3 without the fav thats camazki @50/1 goodman hughie @ 100/1 and taha @ 200/1

I believe the first 2 might just have some chance with a bit of luck (as in the 5 low priced one fall) taha well i just cannot give an explanation for that one!!!!

Obviously do not follow and we are talking minimum e/w bets here

• Advertisement

GREY MIRAGE 3 40 Ling is one i fancy today,a strong finisher who has often run into trouble trying to find a gap.
    Todays rider is a bit of mystery and has not ridden a winner for 176 days.
    I can only think he is italian like the trainer and probably works riding out but has a licence.Not ideal but he probably knows the horse well so i took a chance and backed it ew.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement