Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

FIVER ew yankee today Rock Gone 1 45 New 4/1 Royal Birth3 40 ling 3/1 Forceful Appeal 2 30 ling 5/1 Race Day 7/2 4 15 LING

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I backed Tiger O'Toole here at Newbury.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Tailed off :D

FIVER ew yankee today Rock Gone 1 45 New 4/1 Royal Birth3 40 ling 3/1 Forceful Appeal 2 30 ling 5/1 Race Day 7/2 4 15 LING

Rock on cruised into the lead going so easy pecks on landing and comes down.
    I hope that is not the way the day will go.
    I backed three horses in single bets,Gala Ball 7/1 2 50 New,Drop out Joe 3 45 Don 4/1 and Forceful appeal 5/1 2 30 Ling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I've followed Royal Guardsman since his early days. Should be able handle this lot & he's been backed today at Newbury where he has a good record. 5/1

Sir Anthony Browne has also been backed in the last on the same card. I was drawn to the other black sam belemany sams adventure but I reckon the race he won was weak & he got lots of weight that day. 4/1

I've wrapped the two in an each way double. Good luck today

• Advertisement

The 4 15 Ling is the race of the day as far as I am concerned.

I put Abe Lincoln in my tracker when he finished 2nd to Race Day,Abe ran very wide off the bend and made up a lot of ground the post just coming too quick,i made a note in the tracker that he was a certain winner over further. However he runs over the 7 furlong trip again today and if he gives away a lot of ground by running wide Race Day,who will get the rail as he is a front runner may just be too speedy over the trip.

My main bet will be Race Day but I must have a saver on Abe Lincoln and a small f cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Royal guards man takes out the 2nd :(. Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

BumperD wrote: »

Sir Anthony Browne has also been backed in the last on the same card.

took this earlier at 5/1 ew (was 7s last night) good mate of mine with same name lol
    was impressive when winning saying that

Broke even today thanks to Gala Ball winning at 7s,two I fancied a bit were a little unlucky.

But saw something which will certainly mean a max bet in the future.
    Abe Lincoln was galloping all over the field in the 4 15 at Lingfield before running into trouble,jockey was standing in the stirrups for 50 yards and eventually trailing in 9th.

A certain winner in any grade inc listed class next time and I hope he gets in on good Friday at Ling I will be having a max bet.

only bet i did today...had a quick look at sedge and though hammond had a few with chances so did trebles/4folds/acca
    3 from 3 so far...even one more would nearly cover chelt

i3rtao.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Arthamint 14:30 Southwell @15/8

Lifting me Higher 2 55 Southwell must have a very good chance of following up his recent win at the track when his rider dropped his whip had to give him a few slaps of the reins in the final furlong.
    Cheekpieces are now put on as his Irish trainer thinks they will bring more improvement.

Tatting is fav because of what looked like a very easy win last time when he came from the back and won going away.
    I thought they went too fast the last day and the race was set up for Tatting and he will not find it so easy this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Still Together 14:00 Exeter @7/2

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I like VERY FIRST BLADE 4.30 10-1
    I like this for a place. Great record around here, winning here 3 back over c &D

Lifting me Higher 2 55 Southwell must have a very good chance of following up his recent win at the track when his rider dropped his whip had to give him a few slaps of the reins in the final furlong.
    Cheekpieces are now put on as his Irish trainer thinks they will bring more improvement.

Tatting is fav because of what looked like a very easy win last time when he came from the back and won going away.
    I thought they went too fast the last day and the race was set up for Tatting and he will not find it so easy this time.

Ran his race,i backed with Lads at 4s ew so money back.
    Tatting has improved for step up in distance.

Just one other bet today in the 7 45 at Kempton Rose Above.
    A very well bred Yeats filly,she was always going to improve for a longer trip and has run well in two maidens on the AW this year without being knocked about.

Very lightly raced she has more improvement than most in this 8 runner handicap and even though she will stay further in time is worth a decent ew punt today running against a few exposed types.

Rose Above runs in the 4 40 at Ling tomorrow over 2 miles and he should be even better over the longer trip.
    Won very easily last time and worth a decent bet now over a trip she was bred for.

One I backed last time Fleckerl runs in the 3 10 and strictly on the book should not beat Diamond Lady,who was a length and and three quarters behind the last time they met and is 6 lbs better off now.

However both are drawn very high 9 and 10 and will have work to do unless dropped in behind.

Those tactics might suit Fleckerl who comes from behind with a late run though if the gaps do not open Fleckerl might not get through and that's curtains.
    I am still going to stick with Fleckerl as a horse in form is worth following until beaten.

Fleckerl looked to have timed it right having been well out the back but was beaten a head and a neck if he was a little closer to the pace he would probably have won and he might have enough of it for now.

Main bet, Rose Above won well and might also be given a break,6/4 was generous enough and
    the filly was always in command.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭VUDuo2

Fleckerl looked to have timed it right having been well out the back but was beaten a head and a neck if he was a little closer to the pace he would probably have won and he might have enough of it for now.

Main bet, Rose Above won well and might also be given a break,6/4 was generous enough and
    the filly was always in command.

be-jesus zimmermania, that was some call yesterday !!

there was I was minding my own business and I stumbled into this forum and thanks be to J.C. (you really !!) that I did.

Put a few quid on, listened to the race on the way home from work and nearly crashed the car !!

sweeeeeeeeeeet

Twisses Hill is 9/4 to beat the jolly in the 4 55 at Limerick and everything that I know suggests he will do so.

Twisses Hill is 9/4 to beat the jolly in the 4 55 at Limerick and everything that I know suggests he will do so.

9/4 was a great price and though his task was made easier by the fall of the jolly,hurdles are there to be jumped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Niallers87

9/4 was a great price and though his task was made easier by the fall of the jolly,hurdles are there to be jumped.

Fancy anything tomorrow, you seem to be on a roll Zimmer! ;)

A bit of a roll ok but the losing run may only be around the corner,though I hope not.

I have a few picked out for tomorrow.

Elusivity in the 1 30 at Wol rates a big enough bet at 3/1 with PP in the claimer.

A winner 4 days ago at Southwell and ran a blinder in a way better race behind one I tipped here Point North a few weeks ago looks tremendous value.
    The fav Summer in the City is very moderate and Elusivity can go from the front and is hard to pass.I have already had a decent bet ew at 3s.

Solar Deity can be hard to catch right but has a good turn of foot and can finish strongly off a strong pace that he is sure to get in the 2 15 at Ling.

Trained by Marco BottI and ridden by Oisin Murphy his price is way too big at 10/1 and he offers good ew value and even with top weight he could come with a strong sustained run.

Willsy is my 3rd bet at WOL in the 4 35. There are a lot of horses with potential in this race and many are way too short in the betting on what they have achieved to date.
    Willsy beat Lucymai and Secret Insider last time out and is only 4 lbs worse off with both and they are priced at 7/2 and 5/1 while Willsy is 8s!
    Willsy has a few runs under his belt but his win was his only run on the AW and his normally shrewd connections allowed him go off at 33/1 so there could be improvement to come and he could cause another surprise tomorrow.
    I spent a few hours on the flat form and have not had a chance to look at the NH cards yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

A bit of a roll ok but the losing run may only be around the corner,though I hope not.

I have a few picked out for tomorrow.

Elusivity in the 1 30 at Wol rates a big enough bet at 3/1 with PP in the claimer.

A winner 4 days ago at Southwell and ran a blinder in a way better race behind one I tipped here Point North a few weeks ago looks tremendous value.
    The fav Summer in the City is very moderate and Elusivity can go from the front and is hard to pass.I have already had a decent bet ew at 3s.

Solar Deity can be hard to catch right but has a good turn of foot and can finish strongly off a strong pace that he is sure to get in the 2 15 at Ling.

Trained by Marco BottI and ridden by Oisin Murphy his price is way too big at 10/1 and he offers good ew value and even with top weight he could come with a strong sustained run.

Willsy is my 3rd bet at WOL in the 4 35. There are a lot of horses with potential in this race and many are way too short in the betting on what they have achieved to date.
    Willsy beat Lucymai and Secret Insider last time out and is only 4 lbs worse off with both and they are priced at 7/2 and 5/1 while Willsy is 8s!
    Willsy has a few runs under his belt but his win was his only run on the AW and his normally shrewd connections allowed him go off at 33/1 so there could be improvement to come and he could cause another surprise tomorrow.
    I spent a few hours on the flat form and have not had a chance to look at the NH cards yet.

Lumped them all!! Only joking will have a look and might have a nibble, alread have a few bets running!

Elusivity now fav,which is disappointing as pp giving money back if 2nd to the fav,but at least my 3/1 looks a good price now.

Solar Deity on the drift 12s available now and Willsy into 8s with pp but generally 10s.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Elusivity now fav,which is disappointing as pp giving money back if 2nd to the fav,but at least my 3/1 looks a good price now.

Solar Deity on the drift 12s available now and Willsy into 8s with pp but generally 10s.

Yeah, saw that's earlier, William Hill are decent at the money back second to sp fav, doing it for three meetings today!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Starting off with

2.00 Sandown Flash Jack 10/1
    Unexposed and won his last race on heavy

2.15 Wolves Intrude 6/1
    Won his last race (career best),looks like there is still some improvement in this & if any I fancy him to take this

Elusivity comes out,gets in front and crosses to the rail,never sees another horse and wins easily.

3/1 a great price,if only it was always this easy and the profit in the bag for today.

I put a few quid ew on the Mad Well 3 45 Limerick tomorrow not worth serious money but disappointed connections last time here when well fancied.

This is not a strong race and if the "well" is anywhere near his best he will go close.
    I will probably know a bit more tomorrow and I will try to update punters,am flying out and I may not be able to update but the horse will be trying for his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Based on his last run Tipped up Harry 4/1 is thrown in.He would have beaten a 117 rated horse only for unseating lto and there is nothing of that class in the 5.10 Navan.He is a steering job if he jumps and he hopefully swells the wallet for next week.

• Advertisement

today would be a good day to strike
    singles/treble

WARWICK 15:40 HANDICAP CHASE 3m 5f Money-Back Special
    13-03-2016 15:40
    Win or E/W
    Streets Of Promise @ 11/4 (GP)

KELSO 15:30 NOVICES' HURDLE 2m 2f 25y
    13-03-2016 15:30
    Win or E/W
    Le Prezien @ 6/4 (GP)