Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

sting60 wrote: »
    Based on his last run Tipped up Harry 4/1 is thrown in.He would have beaten a 117 rated horse only for unseating lto and there is nothing of that class in the 5.10 Navan.He is a steering job if he jumps and he hopefully swells the wallet for next week.

Nice pick

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Out Sam 2 50 Chel very good chance,Ballychorus 4 50 Chel decent ew bet at 16 to 1 are two worth a few quid and i have already backed Polly Peachum ew in the Mares Hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Jamrham 4:55 Tauton

5-1 with PP and paying 4 places.

Got word for this horse.

It seems almost in bad taste to have ones best bet running in a 2500 grand race at wolverhampton on a day like this but a winner at Wol pays the same as a winner at Chel and one i have been watching for a while runs in the 6 40 at Wol tonight.

Black Truffle was only 7th last time but was not beaten far and is good value ew at 8s tonight,Racheal Kneller gets on ok with the horse and has a good chance of coming with a late run granted reasonable luck in running,so all the happy punters should put a few quid of the Cheltenham winnings on Lack Truffle ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Ashford Island has run with the handbrake on if he's trying big player Wolves 9.10.Depth Charge needs a very strong pace to run at and I think he will get that ,big finisher 6.10 Wolves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I'll be avoiding that jockey in future. Awful job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Ashford Island has run with the handbrake on if he's trying big player Wolves 9.10.Depth Charge needs a very strong pace to run at and I think he will get that ,big finisher 6.10 Wolves.

Got a tip for ashford this morning. Worrying if it's on here too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

BumperD wrote: »
    Got a tip for ashford this morning. Worrying if it's on here too!

Very worrying if a tip is floating around as I pick my observations based on previous runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭tramoreman77

Very worrying if a tip is floating around as I pick my observations based on previous runs.

Is that Neil ruddock s horse he was interviewed ,there all there at Wolverhampton ,didn't say name of horse

Slattsy wrote: »
    AFC is a pig, who on earth was backing that into 7/2 ?
    TheTorment wrote: »
    :o:o:o:o Me

Have him backed ew for World Hurdle too @ 40's. He's my cliff horse!!
    Slattsy wrote: »
    Ah shtop lol
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'll back him again too :):):)

• Advertisement

Djackadam and Long Dog double for me. Good luck today

Also going to have a go on Velvet Maker

Its a bit soon to be getting too interested in the flat but i put a few quid ew on Aussie Valentine in the Lincoln at 4 55 Curragh,2nd in this last year he has had a nice start to the season with a prep run at Dundalk and is probably laid out for this.

Very competitive,this fellow can lie up with the pace or even make the running so should not suffer in such a big field and worth a few quid ew.

Laganore trained by Tony Martin is fav for the 3 15 and anyone having a bet should look elsewhere as i do not fancy this one at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

3.50 fluff 9/2

impossible to know what to expect but couldnt have been more impressive on debut
    pp refunding if second to fav also

nope...prob the last time I back an aob horse first time out for a long time

Its a bit soon to be getting too interested in the flat but i put a few quid ew on Aussie Valentine in the Lincoln at 4 55 Curragh,2nd in this last year he has had a nice start to the season with a prep run at Dundalk and is probably laid out for this.

Very competitive,this fellow can lie up with the pace or even make the running so should not suffer in such a big field and worth a few quid ew.

Laganore trained by Tony Martin is fav for the 3 15 and anyone having a bet should look elsewhere as i do not fancy this one at all.

Backed Aussie ew at 12s money back for 2nd and 3/1 a place.

Laganore was 3s and drifted out to 12s a lay today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Present Flight 14:30 Kelso @2/1

4.30 fine parchment 12s ew

ran well time before last, have a feeling this will pop us soon at a big price

Good Friday bets after a lot of study.
    1 40 looks between Cold as Ice and Volunteer Point if the betting is right,however I am backing Elfajer ew at 9/1 pp who ran well in a good race in France last time and is an ew bet.
    2 40 Notarised has the beating of Anglophile on form and seems to have more class than Moonrise Landing who is fav a decent ew bet for me for Notarise is great value ew at 4/1 with pp
    3 15 looks between Mindurownbusiness and Sovereign Debt,i may not have a bet but if I do it will be Sovereign Debt.
    3 45 the great Grendisar will come with his usual late run and win and I will be on him at 5/4
    4 15 Gracious John should win and I will be on at 15/8.Swerved all over the place last time and almost won.
    4 45 Haalick lightly raced and we have not seen the best of him yet, looks a good thing at 7/4 pp.
    No bet on the 2 10 at it looks too much of a puzzle for me
    Just in case new punters might not be aware, betting shops are closed tomorrow and unless one has an account bets must be placed today (in Ireland at least)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Good Friday bets after a lot of study.
    1 40 looks between Cold as Ice and Volunteer Point if the betting is right,however I am backing Elfajer ew at 9/1 pp who ran well in a good race in France last time and is an ew bet.
    2 40 Notarised has the beating of Anglophile on form and seems to have more class than Moonrise Landing who is fav a decent ew bet for me for Notarise is great value ew at 4/1 with pp
    3 15 looks between Mindurownbusiness and Sovereign Debt,i may not have a bet but if I do it will be Sovereign Debt.
    3 45 the great Grendisar will come with his usual late run and win and I will be on him at 5/4
    4 15 Gracious John should win and I will be on at 15/8.
    4 45 Haalick swerved all over the track last time and looks a good thing at 7/4 pp if he behaves himself.
    No bet on the 2 10 at it looks too much of a puzzle for me.

Which meeting, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

• Advertisement

TrueDub wrote: »
    Which meeting, please?

It is Lingfield and it was Gracious John (4 15) who ran all over the track not Haalick who runs in the 4 45 and who ran straight as a die and I have corrected the error in my post.

Some decent cards tomorrow. Jer's Girl has form in the book to take the grade 1 at fairyhouse, with footpad and jades girl, whom she tackled earlier season, franking her in the triump. I'm convinced her form against geldings is the best on offer, with the age allowance, should really be up to winning this mares only race. Some early cash already for her. 7/2- I'm going to ignore her recent change of ownership and trust she's trying her best tomorrow and back her accordingly. The other I like is narcissist in the last, related to some good horses. Harold Kirk, who forked out a wedge for this on behalf of giggly, usually gets it right. 5/2 win will do.

May all your selections run straight and true.

3.15w dominance 5/2 365

really taken by this ones win lto over 5 at cc, really keen early but very strong at the finish, doubts about most of the principals in the market, some not having run on the aw/absence and discreet hero looks average to me
    Just feel there's a bit of value in the price and looks very likely to grab the rail and do similiar to last time with de sousa back on board
    case key the one i'd be most wary about

Fancy a few today,Point North has a good turn of foot and can win the first at Wol 2 05 today.
    Krakatoa King stays very well and acts on soft,should run well in the 5 10 Plumpton.
    Lift the Latch 3 40 F House is a real old fashioned nh type ,won his bumper,maiden hurdle and won another hurdle in good style a week ago and can win again today.

Some decent cards tomorrow. Jer's Girl has form in the book to take the grade 1 at fairyhouse, with footpad and jades girl, whom she tackled earlier season, franking her in the triump. I'm convinced her form against geldings is the best on offer, with the age allowance, should really be up to winning this mares only race. Some early cash already for her. 7/2- I'm going to ignore her recent change of ownership and trust she's trying her best tomorrow and back her accordingly. The other I like is narcissist in the last, related to some good horses. Harold Kirk, who forked out a wedge for this on behalf of giggly, usually gets it right. 5/2 win will do.

May all your selections run straight and true.

Love when the form works out exactly as you expect - Booom!

Small profit,one winner one placed at 5s one loser,lived to fight another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Had Cause of causes in the national today but looks to have been pulled. Any decent alternatives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

I'd say Nina could well run into a place. (Riverside City @ 40's). Living Next Door was mentioned to me be someone in the industry. But its wide open.

In the absence of any inspired thoughts on the National I have taken the advice of Gerald Delamere who says Ballyadam Approach was put away for this after a very good run a while back.
    I have a tenner ew at 33s.

• Advertisement

I've done thunder & roses /Riverside city both ew 33/1. Speculative more than anything - a lottery.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement