Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Killer Crow tenner e/w at twelves, sub lieutenant 5 e/w at 16s . More i look at it now, wish id done it the other way round !

Riverside City @ 50-1
    Rogue Angel @ 25-1

both ew

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

BumperD wrote: »
    I've done thunder & roses /Riverside city both ew 33/1. Speculative more than anything - a lottery.

:pac: evidently not trying today

BumperD wrote: »
    :pac: evidently not trying today

Got left at the start Bumper

• Registered Users Posts: 25,582 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Anyone know if Ladbroke paying 5 places (shop not online)?

• Advertisement

TheTorment wrote: »
    Got left at the start Bumper

Ha just missed the start and saw him out the back. Nina didn't seem in anyway fussed putting him into the race at any stage :) .

Not often you see a fence destroyed but Kerry lees horse managed it just there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Saw that. Thought one of the 4x4s had run out and crashed into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

In the absence of any inspired thoughts on the National I have taken the advice of Gerald Delamere who says Ballyadam Approach was put away for this after a very good run a while back.
    I have a tenner ew at 33s.

Good man Gerald,got a bit of profit from a race I could not make head nor tale of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Abigail Lynch 13:50 Southwell @2/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I backed Killer Crow yesterday in the IN.

Travelled really well through the race and wasnt put into it at all. (maybe didnt really stay)
    Worth keeping an eye out for in its next handicap or so. Def a big one in him.

Frangarry finished 9th last time and is drawn widest of all in stall 10 and at first glance would appear to have it all to do in the 3 15 at Wol today.
    However he was messed about in the early stages last time in what appeared to be be a rough race early on and was only beaten 2 1/2 lengths by Give us a Belle.

I give a sporting chance to Frangarry to overcome the high draw and I backed it ew at 7s.

Another at a big price is Nouville Dancer in the 5 30 Wol who can be backed at 9s.
    Looks to have little chance against hot fav Palpitation who meets him on better terms (when the claimers 5 lb is taken into account) but Oisin Murphy dropped the reins last time when making his challenge and it might not be wise to totally trust the form.

Impressive before that when winning twice I expect Nouville Dancer to put up a good show and I backed it ew.

Three at shorter prices that might be worth backing in a Trixie are Billy Billy 3 05 Hexam 9/4,sure to get the trip in a slog today.Pushaq 6/4,showing improvement after being cut in the 2 40 wol and Some Neck 11/10 6 35 F House in the bumper expected to be suited by the better ground.

Dubai Devils 15:40 Hexham@7/2

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

Frangarry finished 9th last time and is drawn widest of all in stall 10 and at first glance would appear to have it all to do in the 3 15 at Wol today.
    However he was messed about in the early stages last time in what appeared to be be a rough race early on and was only beaten 2 1/2 lengths by Give us a Belle.

I give a sporting chance to Frangarry to overcome the high draw and I backed it ew at 7s.

Another at a big price is Nouville Dancer in the 5 30 Wol who can be backed at 9s.
    Looks to have little chance against hot fav Palpitation who meets him on better terms (when the claimers 5 lb is taken into account) but Oisin Murphy dropped the reins last time when making his challenge and it might not be wise to totally trust the form.

Impressive before that when winning twice I expect Nouville Dancer to put up a good show and I backed it ew.

Three at shorter prices that might be worth backing in a Trixie are Billy Billy 3 05 Hexam 9/4,sure to get the trip in a slog today.Pushaq 6/4,showing improvement after being cut in the 2 40 wol and Some Neck 11/10 6 35 F House in the bumper expected to be suited by the better ground.

Nice one Zimmermania I backed Nouville Dancer!

Awkward leaving the stalls,Frangarry lost a good bit of ground and was last before running on well to finish 5th beaten just over a length and a half,sure to win when breaking on terms one to keep an eye on.
    Billy Billy was going well until dropping out early and pulling up,a real stayer I can only think he broke down and Some Neck may have went a bit soon before being run out of it in the last 50 yards costing me a little double.

The bright spot was Nouville Dancer slipping through on the inside under a fine ride from Oisin Murphy to win easily enough,i was on at 8s and got a nice few quid on the day.

Romeo is Bleeding has a good chance in the 2 oc at Exeter,not the easiest of rides he ran around a bit last time on part of the track without a running rail and lost a lot of ground before Moloney got him back in a straight line again when he looked like challenging Apache Outlaw before a bad mistake at the last ruined his chance.

If the ground was not so bad he would be a very strong bet to take this seller but even on heavy he can take this race as his form in Ireland is superior to what he meets here and PPs 9/2 is attractive despite the ground.

It is hard to believe that Big Fellow Thanks was placed in the Grand National 7 years ago and was also 6th and 7th in the race.
    He runs tomorrow in the Hunters Chase at 5 15 at the age of 14 and though fav for the race I believe Delta Borget will have too much speed for him over 2 miles 3 furlongs in the 5 15.

My final bet goes in the 5 25 at Lingfield and can win again though up in the weights.
    More Space has a good turn of foot and could be going for a 4 timer only for running very wide at Wolverhampton 2 runs ago.

Moon River 15:25 Southwell @3/1

Gentlemen used to be a bit difficult but won twice recently and though still looked a bit trickey last time over a mile when missing the break could run well tonight.

The very good apprentice,Josephine Gordon goes to Kempton just to ride this one in the last at 8 25 having already ridden at another meeting today.

Has had a break and if ready might be a bit of ew value at 10s,i will be cheering him on as I have two placed horses at 4s and 12s in an ew Trixie with him and a place will do me nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

votecounts wrote: »
    Moon River 15:25 Southwell @3/1

Won well

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Niallers87

Gentlemen used to be a bit difficult but won twice recently and though still looked a bit trickey last time over a mile when missing the break could run well tonight.

The very good apprentice,Josephine Gordon goes to Kempton just to ride this one in the last at 8 25 having already ridden at another meeting today.

Has had a break and if ready might be a bit of ew value at 10s,i will be cheering him on as I have two placed horses at 4s and 12s in an ew Trixie with him and a place will do me nicely.
    You my friend; are a legend!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Well done, yet again

Think it went about 40's in running

Got a good few quid from the ew Trixie and I had a modest enough win bet on Gentlemen to make another good winning day,i remember praising Josephine Gordon a good while back and suggesting she was one to watch and she is becoming the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kennypowers

Well done all who got on,sadly was not one of them.As a man that loves a flutter I really appreciate all you input Zimmermania.Thanks

I mentioned a horse to look out for in January called Engai who started at 66/1 that I felt was very badly hampered in a Lingfield handicap for about 50 yards and should be backed next time out.

I was happy when I saw the form book did not mention he was hampered at all as I felt that would help his price next time. He then reappeared in a handicap at Southwell over 1 ml 3 (a track he does not act on) and I did not back him. He started at 9/1 set off in front and duly faded beaten 9 lengths.

His next run was at Lingfield in a class 6 handicap and I had a good bet ew at 10s,ridden by a 7lb claiming inexperienced lady jockey he went off at 7/1 and took up the running about 2 out and was in the process of running away from the field off the final bend when a loose horse carried him across the track dropping back to 6th or 7th before he rallied to finish 2nd not beaten very far and a most unlucky loser.(watch the race on ATT)

Engai runs in the 2 30 at Wolverhampton Thursday in a run of the mill class 6 handicap,he won a race last year off 60 and ran well off a little higher and now runs off 50 and is something of a "good thing" barring bad luck.
    An added bonus is the fact that Oisin Murphy goes to wol to ride this one and has no other ride.8/1 is available in places and is a huge price for one I think should be fav so I have had a strong ew bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭PáircLife

Fair play Zimmer! You're at it again....

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Niallers87

Unbelievable stuff zimmer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

I mentioned a horse to look out for in January called Engai who started at 66/1 that I felt was very badly hampered in a Lingfield handicap for about 50 yards and should be backed next time out.

I was happy when I saw the form book did not mention he was hampered at all as I felt that would help his price next time. He then reappeared in a handicap at Southwell over 1 ml 3 (a track he does not act on) and I did not back him. He started at 9/1 set off in front and duly faded beaten 9 lengths.

His next run was at Lingfield in a class 6 handicap and I had a good bet ew at 10s,ridden by a 7lb claiming inexperienced lady jockey he went off at 7/1 and took up the running about 2 out and was in the process of running away from the field off the final bend when a loose horse carried him across the track dropping back to 6th or 7th before he rallied to finish 2nd not beaten very far and a most unlucky loser.(watch the race on ATT)

Engai runs in the 2 30 at Wolverhampton Thursday in a run of the mill class 6 handicap,he won a race last year off 60 and ran well off a little higher and now runs off 50 and is something of a "good thing" barring bad luck.
    An added bonus is the fact that Oisin Murphy goes to wol to ride this one and has no other ride.8/1 is available in places and is a huge price for one I think should be fav so I have had a strong ew bet.

Threw my last stake on this horse for win or bust. Nice oneee

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

Whoop!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Nice one cheers zimmer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Supreme Asset looks like the one in the 3.45 for me. If I am Colin was anyway supported he would be the one but siding with Supreme. Sorry for late posting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement