Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    Like volunteer point 10/3
    Looked so good winning 8 days ago

Still can't believe that lost :(

Wooo, just noticed a Stewards enquiry win for Briery Queen! Niiiiice!

or did he get his head down on the line?

Got it in the stewards room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

mailburner wrote: »
    Still can't believe that lost :(

yeah, was counting my chips a furlong out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

No joy with Bush Warrior finished 4th.

Doncaster hosts the very trickey Lincoln and it will be a bit of a slog on the soft ground,not a race to have too much on as it is so competitive. For those who like to bet in the big handicaps Man of Harlech around 16/1 might run well and at least we know he is fit.

The listed race at 3 20 should be easier to solve though fitness has to be taken on trust for those who have not run on the AW.I am backing Jack Dexter in this,a cd winner whose nine wins have been on ground with soft in the description and is wasting his time on good or firm ground. A good ew bet at 6/1 in my opinion.

There is a listed race at Kempton on the AW where realistically only 2 or 3 have chances and I have backed Volunteer Point to win again and complete a 4 timer.

With Volunteer point being caught on the line this meant a losing day for me,flat is always dodgy at the start of the turf season and we should not get too seriously involved until things settle down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Gentlemen used to be a bit difficult but won twice recently and though still looked a bit trickey last time over a mile when missing the break could run well tonight.

The very good apprentice,Josephine Gordon goes to Kempton just to ride this one in the last at 8 25 having already ridden at another meeting today.

Has had a break and if ready might be a bit of ew value at 10s,i will be cheering him on as I have two placed horses at 4s and 12s in an ew Trixie with him and a place will do me nicely.

Got to pick you up here Zimmer.

After reading your post above I thought I would keep an eye for Josephine, especially after the ride on Gentleman

Sure enough, 1810 Doncaster Chilworth Bells 7/1, pretty sure it went above 40's in running.

Anyway I took 9.6 on exchange beforehand

She held her nerve when one went clear - Evacusafe Lady - which went 1.2 I think - and she still won quite easily by 4 lengths or so - although i am sure the ground will make that seem bigger than it should

My point is, without your comments / analysis I wouln't have backed it

Excuse my after timing and take my thanks for your input

Thanks again Zimmer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

The ground will be much the same at Doncaster tomorrow ie deep. Fahey has landed the last 2 renewals of the 330 and there has already been some trickles of cash for balmoral castle, who won on soft. Competed in class 2's and listed company last season so this easier grade should fall into his lap. 9/1 ew. GL

abarkie wrote: »
    Got to pick you up here Zimmer.

After reading your post above I thought I would keep an eye for Josephine, especially after the ride on Gentleman

Sure enough, 1810 Doncaster Chilworth Bells 7/1, pretty sure it went above 40's in running.

Anyway I took 9.6 on exchange beforehand

She held her nerve when one went clear - Evacusafe Lady - which went 1.2 I think - and she still won quite easily by 4 lengths or so - although i am sure the ground will make that seem bigger than it should

My point is, without your comments / analysis I wouln't have backed it

Excuse my after timing and take my thanks for your input

Thanks again Zimmer

No prob my sole purpose is to direct Boards users towards a winner if I can,Josephine was a wonderful 7 lb claimer and she done me a few great turns with her cool riding.
    She may have lost part of her allowance too fast and she now has to prove herself on the grass with less of a claim and she may well do,we shall see.

Only backed one horse tomorrow,will not see any live racing and when I watch the recording I expect to see Penmore Mill hose up in the 5 15 at Ascot.

BumperD wrote: »
    The ground will be much the same at Doncaster tomorrow ie deep. Fahey has landed the last 2 renewals of the 330 and there has already been some trickles of cash for balmoral castle, who won on soft. Competed in class 2's and listed company last season so this easier grade should fall into his lap. 9/1 ew. GL

Well beaten. Never good to see the jockey shaking his head when chatting before the gates open - doesn't augur well. The gamble of the race got chinned

Only backed one horse tomorrow,will not see any live racing and when I watch the recording I expect to see Penmore Mill hose up in the 5 15 at Ascot.

Looked for a while that Penmore might win had no answer when Poliskey came with a renewed effort,but still well ahead after a good week which will get a lot better if Russell Henley stays out in front in the Shell Housten open as I have a tenner ew at 100/1 PP 1/5 7 places on him (kind of aftertiming but not quite and only mentioned in passing but only to show that I am still on a bit of a roll)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

You're advice has been awesome Zimmerman. Anyone who took it would be well up at this point. Very kind of you to share it too.

I was thinking that PP and Ladbrokes will soon be paying attention to your posts. :)

Kettleson wrote: »
    You're advice has been awesome Zimmerman. Anyone who took it would be well up at this point. Very kind of you to share it too.

I was thinking that PP and Ladbrokes will soon be paying attention to your posts. :)

I doubt it very much I am sure they have much bigger fish to fry,Henley folded after going in the water but hung on for a place winning me a useful €190.

One bet for Monday,Batavir in the 2 40 Wincanton.Second last time out when the field allowed Driftashore a huge lead and the useful Driftashore did not falter all the way to the line.Batavir came out of the pack for 2nd well clear of the others.

On his previous run he was 3rd behind Arpege Dalene,who went on to be beaten 3/4s of a length in the ultra competitive Pertemps Hurdle at Cheltenham on March 17.

Batavir runs off a mark of 125 and he has won off that mark before and I am surprised the handicapper did not put him up a few pounds.An added bonus is the fact that he is ridden by Michael Heard,a very good 5lb claimer that Pipe often puts up on his well fancied hadicappers.

A winner over 3 miles Batavir will easily get the trip( two miles 5) and is a good bet at the freely available 5/1 and I backed it ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭VUDuo2

Kettleson wrote: »

I have to echo kettleson's comments above.

Zimmermania's advice has expanded my betting bank (not a Panama Account by any means !!) by a great deal.
    Although losses are to be expected, they have been minimised / covered by his recent selections.

One bet for Monday,Batavir in the 2 40 Wincanton.Second last time out when the field allowed Driftashore a huge lead and the useful Driftashore did not falter all the way to the line.Batavir came out of the pack for 2nd well clear of the others.

On his previous run he was 3rd behind Arpege Dalene,who went on to be beaten 3/4s of a length in the ultra competitive Pertemps Hurdle at Cheltenham on March 17.

Batavir runs off a mark of 125 and he has won off that mark before and I am surprised the handicapper did not put him up a few pounds.An added bonus is the fact that he is ridden by Michael Heard,a very good 5lb claimer that Pipe often puts up on his well fancied hadicappers.

A winner over 3 miles Batavir will easily get the trip( two miles 5) and is a good bet at the freely available 5/1 and I backed it ew.

Looked good when he took it up and then found little,rather odd for one not short on stamina,still nothing given to the bookies.

Not a lot for me today,i backed Hazy Tom 11/4 in the Hunter Chase 5 05 Ludlow and Impact Area in the Hunter Chase 5 15 Newton Abbott 11/10,these two might be worth doing in a double today,though I backed both in singles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Drumlee Lad...Ludlow 16:35 5-1 won 4th march sure to go well

Not a lot for me today,i backed Hazy Tom 11/4 in the Hunter Chase 5 05 Ludlow and Impact Area in the Hunter Chase 5 15 Newton Abbott 11/10,these two might be worth doing in a double today,though I backed both in singles.
    Hazy Tom went close enough (1 length) but not good enough even though I got a great price 11/4,Impact Area made a bad mistake but got back up to win so a draw with the bookies today.

Not having a bet tomorrow so I ran my eye over the "National" form and my conclusion is that Gallant Oscar will take all the beating.I believe he was laid out for this after finishing a good 3rd at Cheltenham in march 2015,staying on behind Druids Nephew.Ran over hurdles in January and hacked round behind Gooneyella in 6th last time without being asked to do too much.Missed Cheltenham for this and could turn out to be a real gamble given his owner and genius of a trainer,i backed it at 20s.

Another one that will run well is Royale Knight trained by Richard Newland who knows how to win.Ran his last 2 races over hurdles (protect his handicap) and won a 3 miles 5 chase at Sedgefield before that.
    An out and out stayer who was 6th in this last year he is sure to run well.I could mention 10 more and not have a placed horse so I will leave it at that.I have 20 ew Gallant Oscar and a tenner ew Royale Knight at 50s

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

Zimmerman what day and race is long house hall running in?,cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

bassy wrote: »
    Zimmerman what day and race is long house hall running in?,cheers.

First race on Saturday, prices aren't up yet for it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Camile EW 14/1 (5:30 Leopardstown)

Have not had a bet in a while, but having a go here. Only tracker horse for me today, always has a decent burst of speed in final furlong, enough to find a way into the places in the last furlong if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

tinodz wrote: »
    Camile EW 14/1 (5:30 Leopardstown)

Have not had a bet in a while, but having a go here. Only tracker horse for me today, always has a decent burst of speed in final furlong, enough to find a way into the places in the last furlong if needed.

Non runner :(

magicmoves wrote: »
    Non runner :(

I noticed that right now, just sat down the watch the race and was disappointed. Feel like I must have just put the bet on and went away from PC when the NR was declared.

Great days racing at Aintree ahead. The juvenile hurdle looks a cracker. As good a winner as ivanivich Gorbachev was at cheltenham, I think ruby left it far too late and way too much for footpad to have any chance of winning. Expect he will not make the same mistake tomorrow, there has been money for stablemate apples jade but I'm backing the footpad ew 11/2 to give the fav a race. GL

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Footpad (im hoping) e/w the bet of the day.

Bumper has him picked too :O

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

john jade and kate will do for me/singles doubles trebles

(+annie for the acca)

I am giving Zebgrey 12/1 EW (2:35 Limerick) one final shot.

Done many things wrong in the past, including having a terrible attitude in the stalls. One more shot from me. She always has a fantastic finish, but never has enough to make up for the mistakes she gets into. If she gets a clean break and a good position then she has every chance to place. If she finds something new to be throw a fit about, then she is going off any list I have.

• Advertisement

**** sake Bumper !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement