Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    I am giving Zebgrey 12/1 EW (2:35 Limerick) one final shot.

Done many things wrong in the past, including having a terrible attitude in the stalls. One more shot from me. She always has a fantastic finish, but never has enough to make up for the mistakes she gets into. If she gets a clean break and a good position then she has every chance to place. If she finds something new to be throw a fit about, then she is going off any list I have.

ATR finally gave results of the race and the photo finish showed Zebgrey was beaten into third by a short head. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Slattsy wrote: »
    Footpad (im hoping) e/w the bet of the day.

I think that was a very sick horse today. Was running very wrong when it fell or else the weight of your money put the mockers on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Clareman wrote: »
    First race on Saturday, prices aren't up yet for it
    Extremely well fancied,but is best on good ground and if ground comes up soft he will hardly run and if he does leave him alone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Extremely well fancied,but is best on good ground and if ground comes up soft he will hardly run and if he does leave him alone.

I think we have a common friend Zimmer as I heard exactly the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I've done a €1 ew L15 starchicet, top cat Henry, sandymount duke, willoughby court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭PáircLife

Pilgrim Way to run big race in today in the 1st at Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I've done a €1 e/w Lucky 15 lads:
    Starchicet, Top cat Henry, Sandymount Duke, Willoughby court.

Only joking Bumper

I've gone for these, all previous fancies of mine so they be getting another shot!!

Whiteout (robbed me at Cheltenham for a place, unlucky in running)
    Killer Crow (didnt try in Irish National and drop in trip to suit)
    Gangster (backed in Chel, lost a shoe and Cooper went easy)
    Out Sam (stinker at Chel when fancied, might sneak a place here)

Top Cat Henry 20/1 EW (AINTREE 4:05)

tinodz wrote: »
    Top Cat Henry 20/1 EW (AINTREE 4:05)

Was third after the final fence, but ran out of steam. Might be 6th I guess (just outside placing). :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

Anything to help me turn it around in the last two races?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Hey guys, re Paddy Power. I took an early price for Bay of Freedom on a lucky 15. 11/8 (honestly thought it would end up odds on) But it was pushed out to 5/2 due to conditions I imagine.

Do I get the better price?

Note, its a Lucky 15, not a standard single.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Hey guys, re Paddy Power. I took an early price for Bay of Freedom on a lucky 15. 11/8 (honestly thought it would end up odds on) But it was pushed out to 5/2 due to conditions I imagine.

Cheers

Yes, you'll see the GPB once all the horses have ran.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Cheers

you will if done online but won't if done in shop

mailburner wrote: »
    you will if done online but won't if done in shop

in shop.........grr. that is very frustrating!! that's 100%, yeah?

3 up so far now, 2 pushed out almost double the original price ! Ah well, I always take the price so cant really regret it, in that respect!!

in shop.........grr. that is very frustrating!! that's 100%, yeah?

fraid so

Anyway come on Go Kart!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Les Gar Gan 7.50 Wolverhampton. Great speed coming from off the pace, good draw so hopefully will have plenty energy to fly past down final furlong..

Dave147 wrote: »
    Les Gar Gan 7.50 Wolverhampton. Great speed coming from off the pace, good draw so hopefully will have plenty energy to fly past down final furlong..

fiver double with nicats benefit in next.....

Dave147 wrote: »

unlucky, good shout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

What is the ground like for tomorrow? Is the advise to leave alone?

Might have a small one just in case

unlucky, good shout

Cheers, drifted to 15/2 so did him each way, gives me about €30 extra to play with tomorrow I suppose although I thought he'd win, don't think he got a great start so happy enough he got 3rd

Gallant Oscar is my main fancy in the National. Geraghty has picked the wrong one. This horse has a tonne in hand and granted luck he'll be bang there.

And thanks to bet365 and their very generous offer I've gone for the following for a few quid each way at tasty prices
    Ballynagour / Home Farm / Rocky Creek / Rule the World

Chesty08 wrote: »
    What is the ground like for tomorrow? Is the advise to leave alone?

Might have a small one just in case

Most NH horses will act on good to soft and if it is not much worse than that i would be happy enough.good to soft in britain would be almost classed as good in Ireland.
    Of course faster ground would be better but my money is already on,if the ground was too soft they would probably take him out,so if he runs it is probably ok and we will get a bigger price.

I made a few quid backing Fleckerl recently and he has a reasonable chance of being in the money today at Lingfied,i think he runs in the 2nd race and his turn of foot always gives him a chance.
    Afast finishing 3rd over 6 furlongs last time todays extra furlong will suit him well and 12 to 1 is way too big and i backed him ew.
    Wont see any racing today as i am about to tame the famous Penina track in a couple of hours lol,good luck to all today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Most NH horses will act on good to soft and if it is not much worse than that i would be happy enough.good to soft in britain would be almost classed as good in Ireland.
    Of course faster ground would be better but my money is already on,if the ground was too soft they would probably take him out,so if he runs it is probably ok and we will get a bigger price.

He is a N/R now

259yfis.jpg

singles/treble/acca

hoping at least two win to guarantee profit

two winners 12/5+7/4/two ****

Gonna chance Murrayana in the first, very game winner in Uttox last month and the form in that race looks good with Champagne at Tara running well and Party Rock winning. 20/1 with my favourite jockey trainer combination too good to pass up.

Dave147 wrote:
    Gonna chance Murrayana in the first, very game winner in Uttox last month and the form in that race looks good with Champagne at Tara running well and Party Rock winning. 20/1 with my favourite jockey trainer combination too good to pass up.

4th at 20/1 I'll take the €60 back from the e/w gladly although at one stage thought he might get up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

I'm only new to this thread & find it very helpful.
    I don't wish to rock the boat, but ......

I often find myself forever rummishing through Race Cards ........

A certain horse in the 1st .......
    - Which 1st,
    - Where?
    - Am I too late to place a bet.

If possible can the:-

Time; Meeting; Name of Horse;

......Be type b4 the 'rationale' for 'fancying' him/her.

I feel this would be very helpful for all, especially when your in the bookies & a short notice fancy comes in.

Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement