Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Fair point James. I'm very guilty of that. Will try to add the detail in future but remember, they are just the opinions of random strangers on the net so.....

Also, remember, there is a fancies thread. These are just fancies, not "tips" if you know what I mean

Horse - Prince of Scars (Without Thistlecrack) 3/1 or 11/4
    Meeting: Aintree
    Time:3:40

Rationale. Loves the going. Has been kept fresh & goes here instead of punchestown. Also, beat Alpha Des Obeaux last time out & that horse chased home Thistlecrack in the Stayers Hurdle last month at Chelthenham, miles clear of the the rest. Will have to beat different gravy but I think he can as that one is stepping up in trip. Shaneshill is a chaser so guessing this is an afterthought. GL

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Slattsy wrote: »
    Gallant Oscar is my main fancy in the National. Geraghty has picked the wrong one. This horse has a tonne in hand and granted luck he'll be bang there.

And thanks to bet365 and their very generous offer I've gone for the following for a few quid each way at tasty prices
    Ballynagour / Home Farm / Rocky Creek / Rule the World

BOOM

Nice one Slattsy

Absolutely delighted Dell Arca was stuffed there :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Congrats -Hope u cleaned out Bet365

Just got a message off a lady from twitter that follows me.

I put up my few fancies this morning and she opened a PP account to back a few horses. She wanted to put 10ew on Rule the World but inadvertently put 20e on the nose......

Her first ever online bet yielded 1k :)

True story! Great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

I put up my few fancies this morning and she opened a PP account to back a few horses. She wanted to put 10ew on Rule the World but inadvertently put 20e on the nose......

True story! Great!!

Subtle tipping line advertisement :pac:

First few tips are free....... then BANG in charging you mutha ****ers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

First few tips are free....... then BANG in charging you mutha ****ers :D

What price was it?

• Advertisement

True story! Great!!

That's hilarious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

What price was it?

33s
    well worth subscribing btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

mailburner wrote: »
    33s
    well worth subscribing btw

I didn't back anything. First year in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

hate the national! It's a lottery it's a raffle and 8ts a pita!!!!!

So as usual I picked 5 horses and did my usual €2.50.ew

Hit the winner (took 50/1) but the funny thing is I never got to see him win. Streaming the race and fckin froze when he was 3rd over the last.

Nice surprise when sporting life put result up and has paid for a good night out the best is though my 4 year old picked vics canvas (£2 ew) because his favourite colour is blue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Its a bit soon to be getting too interested in the flat but i put a few quid ew on Aussie Valentine in the Lincoln at 4 55 Curragh,2nd in this last year he has had a nice start to the season with a prep run at Dundalk and is probably laid out for this.

Very competitive,this fellow can lie up with the pace or even make the running so should not suffer in such a big field and worth a few quid ew.

Laganore trained by Tony Martin is fav for the 3 15 and anyone having a bet should look elsewhere as i do not fancy this one at all.

Laganore drifted like a barge that day,today a whole different story as the money spoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Lowanbehold 14:40 Kelso @15/8

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

2ni0jlv.jpg

singles/treble

I quite like the look of Zarib tomorrow in the 3.00 Cheltenham.

Jodies Jem can be backed at 12/1 to win the 8 20 at Kempton tomorrow night and is worth a few quid ew in my opinion.

Too consistent for his own good his handicap does not fluctuate much due to the fact that he usually runs well. Rated 83 his last win was off a mark of 81 at Wol last year and if we take Tom Maquand's 3lb claim into account it could be said he is racing off a mark of 80.

He has run well in the past off 84 and 85 in class 3 handicaps and is now in a class 4 handicap,why Marquand is up is difficult to understand as he has not ridden the horse before and the horses regular pilot rides the much shorter priced Barnmore,for all that that Jodies Jem runs best at Kempton and has won over the C D.At 12/1 he could cause a surprise and seems value to me ew.

The half brother to red cadeaux makes it debut in the 5:05 at Newmarket, amazing red. 25/1 with the champion jockey on board, soft should not be an issue though it looks a hot race. Worth a a small ew

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Super shout. Very very unlucky.

Dormello Mo is 15/8 in the novice chase at Cheltenham and has a good chance the outsider Agenor is 25/1 and the other 3 have it between them.

Fox Norton is fav at 6/4 and as PP are giving money back as a free bet if 2nd to the fav so Dormello should be backed.Be aware that 25 euro is the max so make sure to bet in different offices if having more that 25 on.

Balls :(

Dormello Mo is 15/8 in the novice chase at Cheltenham and has a good chance the outsider Agenor is 25/1 and the other 3 have it between them.

Fox Norton is fav at 6/4 and as PP are giving money back as a free bet if 2nd to the fav so Dormello should be backed.Be aware that 25 euro is the max so make sure to bet in different offices if having more that 25 on.

Ran well just not good enough money back as a free bet.

As I said above, unlucky dude, great shout. Had him each way, got at 12s this morning so profit all the same. Going to stick it on Jack Nevison in the next. Sickening finish though. Might Bite was very disappointing.

What did you like about him, many shout outs on twitter also.

PS Jammy Guest in 8.20, Kemp. Very competitive race but if can stay up with pace circa 6f mark, may well last home in a race with few stayers.

A tad unlucky.

As I said above, unlucky dude, great shout. Had him each way, got at 12s this morning so profit all the same. Going to stick it on Jack Nevison in the next. Sickening finish though. Might Bite was very disappointing.

What did you like about him, many shout outs on twitter also.

PS Jammy Guest in 8.20, Kemp. Very competitive race but if can stay up with pace circa 6f mark, may well last home in a race with few stayers.

Been keeping an eye on him. Bits and bobs of form said he could be well handicapped and step in trip was bound to suit.

Jodies Jem can be backed at 12/1 to win the 8 20 at Kempton tomorrow night and is worth a few quid ew in my opinion.

Too consistent for his own good his handicap does not fluctuate much due to the fact that he usually runs well. Rated 83 his last win was off a mark of 81 at Wol last year and if we take Tom Maquand's 3lb claim into account it could be said he is racing off a mark of 80.

He has run well in the past off 84 and 85 in class 3 handicaps and is now in a class 4 handicap,why Marquand is up is difficult to understand as he has not ridden the horse before and the horses regular pilot rides the much shorter priced Barnmore,for all that that Jodies Jem runs best at Kempton and has won over the C D.At 12/1 he could cause a surprise and seems value to me ew.

Verrrrry nice and 14/1 is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Ya Beaut!!!😀
    Hugh Taylor went up against you and the R/F paid over 50/1 to top things off.

Sorry for after timing.

• Advertisement

Verrrrry nice and 14/1 is a bonus.

Fair play, Jammy Guest was running on decently. Was kept right at back. As I said, up with pace he would have nabbed it.
    Stupid Kirby. (or should I say typical Kirby)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement