Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Jodies Jem can be backed at 12/1 to win the 8 20 at Kempton tomorrow night and is worth a few quid ew in my opinion.

Good call Zimmerman.
    I also had Blachthorn Stick - single bets - but still managed to recover loses over last forthnight.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

The 4 10 at Cheltenham looks a very good race tomorrow and the outcome in my view will depend on the ground.

Long House Hall needs it good and was withdrawn at Aintree due to the ground and ran a blinder at the Chel festival when finishing second in the Coral Cup when I was on at a big price.

Could have too much class for this field if the ground is good and when I checked a few mins ago the forecast for Chel is sunny all day tomorrow and could be ideal.

Another horse even more dependant on good ground is the improving Fingerontheswitch who is receiving 10lb from Longhouse inc the jockeys claim.

While Longhouse is well fancied his price too skinny and he could actually bounce following his good Chel run.I backed him at Aintree because he was a good price but I will not be on tomorrow unless he drifts.
    If the ground is good or better I will be backing Fingerontheswitch ew at around 12/1 which is freely available,the other one in with a bit of a chance is Rolling Maul who was placed in this race last year and is looking well handicapped.

So if the ground is genuinely good Fingerontheswitch is the advice.

Robert Eddery's False ID beat the Marco Botti trained Saaidan last time when well backed and Saaidan won a good race yesterday he looks as if he only has Irish Eclaire to beat in the 7 10 at Chelmsford and the 3/1 available is a good price.

Robert Eddery is a trainer going places and well worth watching.

Twiss'Hill can outstay the rest of the field in the 3 25 in Limerick today,plenty of 4/1 available and I know he is fancied and doing his best.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

1.50 organist 5s
    bigger bet on 3 places 6/5 (hills)
    will surely try to make it a stamina test

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »
    1.50 organist 5s
    bigger bet on 3 places 6/5 (hills)
    will surely try to make it a stamina test

only had to jump the last :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

only had to jump the last :mad:

fell at the last??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Bit late but Summer Icon in the next, good experience and money is down

Slattsy wrote: »
    fell at the last??

yep...bout 3 lengths ahead and going strongly, no dangers behind

Bit late but Summer Icon in the next, good experience and money is down

next time

• Advertisement

very disappointing early positioning by de Souza,. Stayed on really really well for second .

next time

story of my couple of days of punts!! "next time"

some massive prices in an albeit very competitive race in 2.35, Ripon. Piazon is really well backed so small e/w. Good draw considering the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Twiss'Hill can outstay the rest of the field in the 3 25 in Limerick today,plenty of 4/1 available and I know he is fancied and doing his best.

Nicely in Thanks :)

The 4 10 at Cheltenham looks a very good race tomorrow and the outcome in my view will depend on the ground.

Long House Hall needs it good and was withdrawn at Aintree due to the ground and ran a blinder at the Chel festival when finishing second in the Coral Cup when I was on at a big price.

Could have too much class for this field if the ground is good and when I checked a few mins ago the forecast for Chel is sunny all day tomorrow and could be ideal.

Another horse even more dependant on good ground is the improving Fingerontheswitch who is receiving 10lb from Longhouse inc the jockeys claim.

While Longhouse is well fancied his price too skinny and he could actually bounce following his good Chel run.I backed him at Aintree because he was a good price but I will not be on tomorrow unless he drifts.
    If the ground is good or better I will be backing Fingerontheswitch ew at around 12/1 which is freely available,the other one in with a bit of a chance is Rolling Maul who was placed in this race last year and is looking well handicapped.

So if the ground is genuinely good Fingerontheswitch is the advice.
    The ground went against both of the horses I was interested in,i wasted a tenner ew on Fingersontheswitch but glad I waited to see the ground going soft before having a "real"bet,but well ahead thanks to Stolberg and Twiss's Hill.

Pushkin Museum in 8.10 (Chelm) has serious chance and obviously someone likes him as he is getting very well backed today in an otherwise hard to figure race.
    Remember seeing him in his comeback run 3 weeks back in a close enough third and with Nolan back on board I'm going to take a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Sartorial Elegance 13:35 Fontwell @5/2

backed 3 horses today,Craiganboy ew 2 35 Ayr,Roycano 3 10 Ayr modest stakes on both.
    De Benno 7 25 Ballinrobe 4/1 ew,strong bet trying for his life should be suited by the course as the stiff Navan track just found him out last time,will be doing his best and very well fancied.

Out tonight and might be late home so had a good look at the Scottish National at Ayr and I can't see anything better than the horse I put up for the Grand National but did not make the cut.

The horse in question is Royale Knight,trained by Dr Newland,it is obvious this one was laid out for the Grand National or for this one as his last two runs were over hurdles and both were very good.
    A winner of the 3 miles 5 furlongs race at Sedgefield for the past 2 years beating Lackamon on both occasions,the first time he was receiving 4 lbs from Lackamon but last year he gave Lackamon 15 lbs and a beating.

This fellow has been laid out for one of these races and is worth a bet at 16s PP 1/4 odds 5 places.

backed 3 horses today,Craiganboy ew 2 35 Ayr,Roycano 3 10 Ayr modest stakes on both.
    De Benno 7 25 Ballinrobe 4/1 ew,strong bet trying for his life should be suited by the course as the stiff Navan track just found him out last time,will be doing his best and very well fancied.

Roycano placed at 7s otherwise not so good gave back some cash today.

The Benno dropped out tamely after a mistake and may have enough of it at the moment.

• Advertisement

Always on the Run 15:35 Ayr @11/4

Marco Botti sends out Sound of Freedom in the 2 10 Chelmsford.A top class performer in Italy I will not be surpised if he runs well.
    My two main fancies today are Two Taffs 4 45 Ayr and Old Grangewood 5 20 Ayr.

Royale Knight provided a nice profit,I was on Two Taffs, at 100/30 and the well backed horse did the business,if Old Grangewood does the biz in the 5 20 it will be a good days punting.

I have Old Grangewood ew and an ew double with Two Taffs.

Royale Knight provided a nice profit,I was on Two Taffs, at 100/30 and the well backed horse did the business,if Old Grangewood does the biz in the 5 20 it will be a good days punting.

I have Old Grangewood ew and an ew double with Two Taffs.

Only 3rd but that still made a big difference to me,the ew part of the double landed and only 25% of the ew single lost so a nice profit secured on the day to get back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Perfect Timing 20/1 EW (2:55 Wincanton)

I think this is the wrong price if he runs to his potential. He has a history of been successful after a long break, and this is the first outing since last November. The right jockey booked too IMO. Might have egg on my face come tomorrow, but I have to give it a go!

Onenightidreamed looks to have a very good chance in the 4 15 at Navan today.

Dermot Weld's Joailliere is fav presumably on the the basis that she can turn the form around with Onenightidreamed (beat Joailliere a length and a half a last time) because she is a few pounds better off and as Weld won this race 3 or 4 times in the last 5 or 6 years.

However I am not sure the extra furlong today will suit Weld's horse and there is no doubt that Onenightidreamed will be suited by a mile on his favoured soft-heavy ground and the stiff Navan track.

Flight Risk,trained by Jim Bolger is also fancied and he was only half a length behind Onenightidreamed and a length ahead of Joailliere in the same race and is now 2lbs better off,has been placed a few times but to me lacks the class of Onenightidreamed and I cannot see him threatening Stack's gelding over this trip as he appeared to have no answer when passed last time and a mile might not suit him today as he did not appear to be finding much last time.

Onenightidreamed has to give Joailliere 10lbs but is a very tough gelding and I always prefer geldings to colts or fillies as they are generally tougher and more reliable,only ran twice last year and won his two races,one of them a group 3 on heavy.
    He won another group 3 on heavy last time and looks to me like he can give the weight to the others today and I have backed him

Two Smokin Barrells 15:10 Wetherby @5/6

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Why is O'Briens Galileo filly even money over 5 furlongs at Navan today? If that wins you can back it for royal ascot the guineas you name it.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

E2:25 Wincanton.
    No 8 Approaching Star ...... a total outsider @80/1. Obv an e/w small bet - hes tipped in the Guardian - its not tipped for nothing (i hope).

• Advertisement

Mumgos Debut 14:30 Hexham @7/2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement