Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

A handicap for amateur riders might not appear to be a race to get too involved with but I think the 6 05 at Kempton is the race that offers the best chance of getting a few quid on Monday.

Brotherly Company trained by Harry Fry runs in his first handicap and put in on a mark of 114 which is very lenient as far as I am concerned.Useful on the flat he has only run 3 times over hurdles and has improved with each run.

Last time out he travelled very well,making smooth headway before winning as he liked from Nine Point Three and Whispering Storm at Exeter on good to soft.

His run before that was very impressive when 3rd behind Banyu and All at Sea beaten 3 and a quarter lengths at Taunton.
    The 2nd horse Banyu has come out and won his next two off marks of 124 and 131 and All at Sea came out and won his only race since at and is now rated 130,the 4th horse Jarlath was 9 lengths back and it was 24 lengths back to the 5th with the rest well strung out.
    Jarlath has since run well in third so the form is rock solid.

A few horses in the race have bits and pieces of form but are really very moderate and Brotherly Company should win this easily.

I have backed it at 5/2 with PP for decent money and I will probably go in again.

The horse can only improve and looks a real blot on the handicap,an added bonus is the fact that M Legg,a good amateur takes the ride.

Great spot! Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

FatRat wrote: »
    Great spot! Thanks a million!

No prob,5/2 was a very good price last night and I was surprised that it was available,i had a good bet but as always when one wins we are sorry we did not have more on.

Ninepointsixthree was 2nd at 100/1 to Brotherly Company last time out.

That may have been a flash in the pan as his previous 2 runs over hurdles were not up to much,though he had run well over hurdles a year before.

A five time winner on the flat he could pick up a maiden hurdle on his run behind Brotherly Company,though he is no world beater he only has Moabit from the Nicholl's yard and the very disappointing Aston Cantlow,who is hard to win with to beat.
    I think he would be better suited to give in the ground rather that the reported good to firm forecast at the moment.

I had a small ew bet at 6s though now I see he is only 9/2 and it is hard to see value at that price.If the price drifts he is worth a small bet ew on the basis that he was not fancied when 2nd at 100/1 behind a fairly useful one and he may well have improved a lot.

Racing is not too good today as far as I am concerned and I am not going to wreck my head trying to find any worthwhile bets other than Ninepointsixthree,however the eternal optimist that I am I am having a little on two others.

Tiny Lantern has shown bits and pieces of form and is now handicapped to win a race if things fall into place for him.Almost 2 stone better off with the fav My Friend George since they last met,Tiny Lantern is the outsider of 4 and I will have a small few quid on him in the 4 15 Sedgefield.

Another who is due to win is Gone too Far 7 15 at Exeter,sometimes let down by his jumping he is suited by good ground and today's trip suits him well.
    This is a poor enough race and Alan King will not get a better opportunity for this one and I am having a small bet ew and intend to forget about the racing for the rest of the day and do something mundane,dull and boring instead (cutting grass and a few other tasks around the house )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Racing is not too good today as far as I am concerned and I am not going to wreck my head trying to find any worthwhile bets other than Ninepointsixthree,however the eternal optimist that I am I am having a little on two others.

Tiny Lantern has shown bits and pieces of form and is now handicapped to win a race if things fall into place for him.Almost 2 stone better off with the fav My Friend George since they last met,Tiny Lantern is the outsider of 4 and I will have a small few quid on him in the 4 15 Sedgefield.

Another who is due to win is Gone too Far 7 15 at Exeter,sometimes let down by his jumping he is suited by good ground and today's trip suits him well.
    This is a poor enough race and Alan King will not get a better opportunity for this one and I am having a small bet ew and intend to forget about the racing for the rest of the day and do something mundane,dull and boring instead (cutting grass and a few other tasks around the house )

Great shout! Well gambled & went off short enough

• Advertisement

First one 2nd at 6s small profit,Tiny Lantern was going ok until making a bad mistake and fell I had a good price,but no joy.
    I got 8/1 about Gone too Far,though the rule 4 will take a bit of it but I still got the best of it.

Not a bad day again today and finished nicely ahead.

Lots of racing Wednesday inc the Chester Cup at 3 15 over two miles and 3 furlongs and where a low draw is a big advantage.
    Lots with chances chasing the first prize of 74000 sterling,i am having a few quid ew on a horse who has not run for 2 1/2 years on the flat and who has had only one run over hurdles in that time.

No Heretic trained by Nickey Henderson was quite useful on the flat over staying distances until he obviously picked up an injury which kept him out of action for so long.

I will not be surprised if Henderson has No Heretic in good nick as he likes long distance handicaps and No Heretic who ran well in a group 2 before injury has been dropped 7lbs and could repay ew support at around 14/1.

Plenty of racing today and a few suggestions that might be worth considering.

Chelmsford has a good card with above average prize money for the AW.
    Gentlemen 5 45 refused to leave the stalls last time and is a good price but a risky bet,i am having a little ew.
    Jodies Jem 6 15 did me a good turn last time and I will back it ew today.
    Welease Bwian goes very well for Milly Naseb who claims 7 lb,exciting to watch as has to come with a very late run,only 7 runners now as one pulled out so a small bet is all I can suggest.

Philip Hobbs sends Carrigmorna to Newton Abbot and is worth backing ew in the feature race there at 3 35.
    Lots more going on and will try to have another look later.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Gentlemen 5 45 refused to leave the stalls last time and is a good price but a risky bet,i am having a little ew.
    Welease Bwian goes very well for Milly Naseb who claims 7 lb,exciting to watch as has to come with a very late run,only 7 runners now as one pulled out so a small bet is all I can suggest.

Philip Hobbs sends Carrigmorna to Newton Abbot and is worth backing ew in the feature race there at 3 35.

Thanks Zimmer, I put them into an EW Lucky 15,here's hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Powderonthebonnet is expected to go close today 4.10 New Abbott

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

3.35 portway flyer

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭grinder23

Lots of racing Wednesday inc the Chester Cup at 3 15 over two miles and 3 furlongs and where a low draw is a big advantage.
    Lots with chances chasing the first prize of 74000 sterling,i am having a few quid ew on a horse who has not run for 2 1/2 years on the flat and who has had only one run over hurdles in that time.

No Heretic trained by Nickey Henderson was quite useful on the flat over staying distances until he obviously picked up an injury which kept him out of action for so long.

I will not be surprised if Henderson has No Heretic in good nick as he likes long distance handicaps and No Heretic who ran well in a group 2 before injury has been dropped 7lbs and could repay ew support at around 14/1.

Great shout yet again

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Have 2hand it to you Zimmerman. Great call on No Heretic. Sadly I went with John Reel. Lead all the way &then fizzled out.
    Well Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Took a 4 place cover bet on him so got shorter odds but I'll take 9/1. But you are on fire my friend. I've been following your every move the past few days and it's been paying dividends!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Hats off again Zimmer, well done

6.45cc shaan 5/2

dettori here for the one ride, hopefully that means a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Great shout with Gentleman :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I missed the off by seconds, couldn't get through traffic to Paddy Power and I'm like a dog cos I had grief at work while trying to back No Heretic. Sick day for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Benrobjohn

Zimmer my man.

great tipping zimmer

was on gentleman last time out...seen 10s last night on 365
    didnt see that you had tipped him till after race of course, wouldve made my decision that much easier...didnt touch it at all :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Trans City 7.30 Clonmel 6/1 expect this to win.

Made money again today with a couple of nice winners,had a nice bet at 12s on No Heretic who was well placed throughout.
    Did not have a lot on Gentlemen but made a good few quid on the day.

Hope to continue the run and Gabrial who runs in the 2 40 at Chester will carry my money in the group 3 at 2 40,the 7 year old gelding is up against some smart horses is an outsider in the betting at 8/1 or better in the 7 horse field.

Gabrial is owned by Koukash who loves winners at the track and has a chance on form,placed in group 1s and 2s and a winner of the Lincoln,Gabrial seems to be improving with age.
    I backed it ew and I will have a look at the "betting without" market in the morning.

Penmore Mill can win the hunter chase at 4 05 in Uttoxeter,he is 2nd fav around 15/8-2/1 and only has the fav Twirling Margaret to beat and should do so in my opinion.
    He is very good at this level and should be fav on all known form as far as I am concerned.

Jonjo ONeill has the fav and I should have made it clear that Jonjo is the race sponsor and would love to win his own race. However he has not been banging in the winners (one winner from the last 34 runners) and while it is likely Twirling Magnate has been prepared with this race in mind I still believe Penmore Mill can spoil the party for the sometimes weak finisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Dark Red 2:10 Chester
    Starchitect 3:20 Newton Abbot loves it dry and left handed (3 from 3 on good ground)

8 runs, 2 wins, 2 x 2nds, 2 x 3rds

7-1 Sousa on board...it will go close!

nb just seen he has a wide draw to overcome, but still confident of a good run
    single and double each way with Starchitect in the 3:20 Newton Abbot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭maximo31

Starchitect 3:20 Newton Abbot loves it dry and left handed (3 from 3 on good ground)

Sure throw in Western Hymn and you will have a nice little RC treble!! ;)

Made money again today with a couple of nice winners,had a nice bet at 12s on No Heretic who was well placed throughout.
    Did not have a lot on Gentlemen but made a good few quid on the day.

Hope to continue the run and Gabrial who runs in the 2 40 at Chester will carry my money in the group 3 at 2 40,the 7 year old gelding is up against some smart horses is an outsider in the betting at 8/1 or better in the 7 horse field.

Gabrial is owned by Koukash who loves winners at the track and has a chance on form,placed in group 1s and 2s and a winner of the Lincoln,Gabrial seems to be improving with age.
    I backed it ew and I will have a look at the "betting without" market in the morning.

Penmore Mill can win the hunter chase at 4 05 in Uttoxeter,he is 2nd fav around 15/8-2/1 and only has the fav Twirling Margaret to beat and should do so in my opinion.
    He is very good at this level and should be fav on all known form as far as I am concerned.

Jonjo ONeill has the fav and I should have made it clear that Jonjo is the race sponsor and would love to win his own race. However he has not been banging in the winners (one winner from the last 34 runners) and while it is likely Twirling Magnate has been prepared with this race in mind I still believe Penmore Mill can spoil the party for the sometimes weak finisher.

Had a good win on Gentlemen yesterday and managed my first ever 20-1 winner with Chase the Wind

Im not so sure on Gabrial, the stats say he hasnt won in a year, but I agree its worth an e/w as it has 50% place record

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/profiles/horse/578754/gabrial

Gabrial (IRE) Vital stats

Period Runs 1st 2nd 3rd Win% £ level stake
    Lifetime (Combined) 40 6 5 12 15.0 -4.47
    Form All runsWins onlyWins & PlacesAfter 60 day break

Date Pos Wt BHA Race details Jockey Trainer Winner DB SP
    28/03/15 1/22 9-0 100 Don 8f Gd C2 T Hamilton R A Fahey Gabrial 12/1
    27/10/14 1/10 9-2 94 Leic 8f Sft C2 P Hanagan R A Fahey Gabrial 6/1
    23/01/14 1/12 9-4 Mey 9f Gd J P Spencer R A Fahey Gabrial 4/1
    13/04/13 1/6 8-12 108 Don 8f Gd C1 K Fallon R A Fahey Gabrial 10/3
    26/05/12 1/13 9-1 91 Hayd 8f Fm C2 J P Spencer R A Fahey Gabrial 9/2
    28/05/11 1/5 9-2 Bev 5f Gd/Fm C2 P Hanagan R A Fahey Gabrial 6/5
    05/05/11 1/11 9-3 Chtr 5f Gd/Fm C3 P Hanagan R A Fahey Gabrial 5/2

maximo31 wrote: »
    Sure throw in Western Hymn and you will have a nice little RC treble!! ;)

lol, I am Ubik on RC

Had a good win on Gentlemen yesterday and managed my first ever 20-1 winner with Chase the Wind

Im not so sure on Gabrial, the stats say he hasnt won in a year, but I agree its worth an e/w as it has 50% place record

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/profiles/horse/578754/gabrial

Gabrial (IRE) Vital stats

Period Runs 1st 2nd 3rd Win% £ level stake
    Lifetime (Combined) 40 6 5 12 15.0 -4.47
    Form All runsWins onlyWins & PlacesAfter 60 day break

Date Pos Wt BHA Race details Jockey Trainer Winner DB SP
    28/03/15 1/22 9-0 100 Don 8f Gd C2 T Hamilton R A Fahey Gabrial 12/1
    27/10/14 1/10 9-2 94 Leic 8f Sft C2 P Hanagan R A Fahey Gabrial 6/1
    23/01/14 1/12 9-4 Mey 9f Gd J P Spencer R A Fahey Gabrial 4/1
    13/04/13 1/6 8-12 108 Don 8f Gd C1 K Fallon R A Fahey Gabrial 10/3
    26/05/12 1/13 9-1 91 Hayd 8f Fm C2 J P Spencer R A Fahey Gabrial 9/2
    28/05/11 1/5 9-2 Bev 5f Gd/Fm C2 P Hanagan R A Fahey Gabrial 6/5
    05/05/11 1/11 9-3 Chtr 5f Gd/Fm C3 P Hanagan R A Fahey Gabrial 5/2

He is probably just short of top class and a bigger worry is that he has been kept to a mile for some time now and the extra trip may stretch him.
    I am on ew but not a large bet and with only 7 runners he will have to run in the first 2.
    If he is going to get the trip anywhere it will be here and the fact that his owner loves to win here gives me some hope.

Nothing else stands out today and because of that i perhaps foolishly invested €40 on a bit of a hunch out of boredom maybe.

Delta Borget is miles better than the rest in the hunter chase at 5 35 Newton Abbot,the only problem is he might not stay the trip and there could be an upset here even though the rest are not up to much and the better ground may enable Delta Borget to get home.
    I put a tenner ew on Little Cornham at 9s and a fiver ew Batu Ferringhi at 20s and looking for a real touch i did a fiver ew reverse forecast as a fun bet.

:D:D:D Hope some of you got on!

• Advertisement

And theres the double, thats me for the day, off for a lie down!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement