Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And theres the double, thats me for the day, off for a lie down!

Well done, nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

7.50 water willow 11/4 sj

great tipping lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Well done, nice touch.

thanks hope you got on

Made money again today with a couple of nice winners,had a nice bet at 12s on No Heretic who was well placed throughout.
    Did not have a lot on Gentlemen but made a good few quid on the day.

Hope to continue the run and Gabrial who runs in the 2 40 at Chester will carry my money in the group 3 at 2 40,the 7 year old gelding is up against some smart horses is an outsider in the betting at 8/1 or better in the 7 horse field.

Gabrial is owned by Koukash who loves winners at the track and has a chance on form,placed in group 1s and 2s and a winner of the Lincoln,Gabrial seems to be improving with age.
    I backed it ew and I will have a look at the "betting without" market in the morning.

Penmore Mill can win the hunter chase at 4 05 in Uttoxeter,he is 2nd fav around 15/8-2/1 and only has the fav Twirling Margaret to beat and should do so in my opinion.
    He is very good at this level and should be fav on all known form as far as I am concerned.

Jonjo ONeill has the fav and I should have made it clear that Jonjo is the race sponsor and would love to win his own race. However he has not been banging in the winners (one winner from the last 34 runners) and while it is likely Twirling Magnate has been prepared with this race in mind I still believe Penmore Mill can spoil the party for the sometimes weak finisher.

Great Stuff Zimmer, had a good bet on that AND bet against the fave
    great tipping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Penmore Mill can win the hunter chase at 4 05 in Uttoxeter,he is 2nd fav around 15/8-2/1 and only has the fav Twirling Margaret to beat and should do so in my opinion.
    He is very good at this level and should be fav on all known form as far as I am concerned.

Jonjo ONeill has the fav and I should have made it clear that Jonjo is the race sponsor and would love to win his own race. However he has not been banging in the winners (one winner from the last 34 runners) and while it is likely Twirling Magnate has been prepared with this race in mind I still believe Penmore Mill can spoil the party for the sometimes weak finisher.

What would I have done without you the past few days Zimmer! Another great selection, came in with a lot to spare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Benrobjohn

Some serious tipping lads, big money made. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Another good day, main bet won easily at 2/1,Gabrial got no help from the saddle fluffed the start a little,then held up off a slow early pace 10-12 lengths behind leaders,ran on without ever having a chance to get to the leaders and did not have a hard race.

I was dead right about Delta Borget not getting home in the 5 35 at N A,i just did not pick correctly from the modest opposition,though I did get one placed at 9/1 for my fun bet so no damage done.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Thanks Zimmermania for the past few days. You have ressurected my season.

Great tipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

385225.png

Thanks for the spin lads, did a euro lucky 15 and a 2.50 e/w accum, I was waiting on Kingsley Klarion for 2k but it wasn't to be today unfortunately. Made about 400 altogether today so have to look on the bright side. Zimmermania you are an absolute hero though.

Lots of racing in Britain today but I can't find a single bet so its the golf course for me and I will be happy to wait until tomorrow and won't be giving back any winnings just for the sake of having a bet.

One horse that may be worth backing is Seeyouallincoppers 6 35 Cork.This one ran very well last time in Punchestown when out the back for most of the race (about 17th of 25 two out) before making ground coming to the last,he did not have much room and Kennedy had to take a pull and lose a few places (the form book does not say this but that is how it looked to me) running on again when the gaps appeared into 4th and might well have threatened the first three over a bit longer and the extra 4 furlongs should help.

That was his first run for over 160 days when he finished a good 6th of 19 in a Cheltenham handicap hurdle over 2 miles 5.Gordon Elliot brings him out again after 8 days and we are assured of his fitness so I will be trying to get on ew at 4/1 4 places and that looks a safe bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I was on Seeyouallincoppers last week. He was never given a chance. Did Cooper ride though?

Im all over Dartmouth at Chester today. Moore rides it instead of O'Briens and he was really impressive lto and could be a cut above this lot. Took the 15/8 last night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Folks, a polite request: please put race times against your fancies, as well as the racecourse (obviously). It makes it a lot easier to track down on a betting app or in a bookies.

on dartmouth also but only 5/4 3.10ch

like royal reserve in the 8.10as, done ew at 15/2, open race but was impressive last time out

Slattsy wrote: »
    I was on Seeyouallincoppers last week. He was never given a chance. Did Cooper ride though?

Im all over Dartmouth at Chester today. Moore rides it instead of O'Briens and he was really impressive lto and could be a cut above this lot. Took the 15/8 last night.

Only a shorty, but a winner is a winner and I had a good old fashioned cut at it last night :D

Did not take the 7/2 available last night for Seeyouallincoppers,had something to do this morning and was hoping for 4s.Was shocked when only could get 5/2 so kept the money in my pocket,would gladly take the 7/2 now but even if he drifts I won't be on,playing golf now.

Penalty stroke for being on your phone while on course!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Have got a tip in work for Peinemma Cork 8:15 e/w chance ~25-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Have got a tip in work for Peinemma Cork 8:15 e/w chance ~25-1

Any reason given?? Looks a no hoper based on previous outings, such a long time away and especially with the ground bar some luck?

This Jetzki sister looks very interesting. Good price too. I wont touch it until close to off time though as that market is bound to say a lot more than now over the next few hours

One horse that may be worth backing is Seeyouallincoppers 6 35 Cork.This one ran very well last time in Punchestown when out the back for most of the race (about 17th of 25 two out) before making ground coming to the last,he did not have much room and Kennedy had to take a pull and lose a few places (the form book does not say this but that is how it looked to me) running on again when the gaps appeared into 4th and might well have threatened the first three over a bit longer and the extra 4 furlongs should help.

That was his first run for over 160 days when he finished a good 6th of 19 in a Cheltenham handicap hurdle over 2 miles 5.Gordon Elliot brings him out again after 8 days and we are assured of his fitness so I will be trying to get on ew at 4/1 4 places and that looks a safe bet.

some run zimmer...had to follow, thanks again
    he was fairly trying today

Any reason given?? Looks a no hoper based on previous outings, such a long time away and especially with the ground bar some luck?

This Jetzki sister (Jelan) looks very interesting. Good price too. I wont touch it until close to off time though as that market is bound to say a lot more than now over the next few hours

ok, betting is not telling much in this market (8.15, Cork) so hard to know for a first time runner.
    Decision Time getting a bit of attention, but nothing standout about her so just going to stick with my first instinct.

• Advertisement

ok, betting is not telling much in this market (8.15, Cork) so hard to know for a first time runner.
    Decision Time getting a bit of attention, but nothing standout about her so just going to stick with my first instinct.

Pretty unlucky. Great first time run, absolutely bombed up in the last 3/4 furlongs. One to watch for sure.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Penalty stroke for being on your phone while on course!!

The penalty was missing a nice winner because I did not take the 7/2 last night.

An even bigger penalty was the golf,it was mixed foursomes,a right grueller! but at least the dinner afterwards was good,phone was on silent and had to take two calls from two of my buddies who tend to back the horses I suggest to them.
    The only consolation now is the couple of beers I will extract from them when we meet tomorrow night.
    Now I have to start trawling the cards for a couple of bets for tomorrow while keeping one eye on the live golf.

Tomorrow.....3:40 Ascot ...Havre De Paix.....7-1

won in march at chelmsford at 3-1 beating both sides by 2 lengths

3 runners up last year

really like this one

http://www.attheraces.com/form/horse/HAVRE-DE-PAIX/2872278

The penalty was missing a nice winner because I did not take the 7/2 last night.

An even bigger penalty was the golf,it was mixed foursomes,a right grueller! but at least the dinner afterwards was good,phone was on silent and had to take two calls from two of my buddies who tend to back the horses I suggest to them.
    The only consolation now is the couple of beers I will extract from them when we meet tomorrow night.
    Now I have to start trawling the cards for a couple of bets for tomorrow while keeping one eye on the live golf.

my penalty was forgetting to place a bet on it!
    The name stands out of course, the infamous coppers nightclub!

The Swinton hurdle at Haydock today 2 15 is always a very competitive handicap and horses carrying a low weight are often "plotted up"to win it.

Horses rated above 145 have never even been placed in the race and it might seem a bit mad for me to back one rated 147,but that's what iv'e done.

All Yours has only run once in 2016 when running ok (12th) in the county hurdle at Cheltenham when he appeared to need the run but was only beaten 12 lengths in the end.

At his best on good ground,conditions have not been ideal for him this season until now.

Last year he ran a close 6th in the Fred Winter handicap at Cheltenham before winning at Aintree on good ground.
    At 12-14 to 1 today he worth an ew bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Markaz 14:45 Haydock @4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

5:50 war El bandit 11:4
    7:50 war double chocolate 5/2

3.45 Wex Kubali 11:4
    2:30 Ascot Sign of a victory 11:4

3.20 hayd dell arca & brother tedd
    3.25 ling mountain bell

4.15 hayd Outback traveller & buckstay

2.15 wait for me

Fancies for today

Happy Punting!

I've gone for Some Plan e/w in the Swinton Hurdle at Haydock.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭tramoreman77

Anyone interested in tickets for Limerick tomorrow

• Advertisement

Hi Bumper,i have little desire to turn your legitimate concern re "tips" and "fancies" thread into a boring debate that will annoy the mods so my offering is by way of an explanation and I will leave it at that.

A TIP implies that the person posting has some info that a horse is expected to perform well and is fancied by connections and is a real "trier.

A FANCY is ones opinion that a horse,for a variety of reasons is likely to run well and in the opinion of the poster has a real chance of winning.

The value of both depend on the quality of the info on the one hand and on the ability of the person" fancying" the horse on the other hand to predict the likely outcome of a race.

Ocasionally one receives information that a horse that one fancies is "doing his best"and connections are hopeful and in that case I believe it is ok to post in the TIPS and FANCIES threads.

I prefer solid form chances myself as tips are often 2nd or 3rd hand and are often embellished along the way and in my experience punters bet too heavily on tips simply because they think they are in possession of info that gives them a big edge.The results speak for themselves and tips rarely are better than sold form study and watching re-runs of races.

Sorry if I appear to be too long winded in my reply and to finish on a light note I am waiting for a horse to run who finished 10th of 11 last time and who will win a listed race next time in my opinion and will be worth a serious bet and I know nothing other than what I saw when watching the race over and over again and watching the races that the other 10 horses contested.

The horse I am talking about in the last paragraph runs next Wednesday,listed and solid group 2 and 3 placed horses have come out of the race he should have won,get it ready for this one who might get in under the radar,has more than a stone in hand imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement