Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Benrobjohn

Anyone explain what happened above? ^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭zimmermania

A small ew Trixie today Altesse de Guye 2 50 Plum,Fifi Lamour 3 05 Ludlow and Twiss's Hill 3 15 Lim.

Fifi pulled op before halfway,something amiss.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

The horse I am talking about in the last paragraph runs next Wednesday,listed and solid group 2 and 3 placed horses have come out of the race he should have won,get it ready for this one who might get in under the radar,has more than a stone in hand imo.

Dying of suspense - name/race/track? Please? :D

The horse was declared today and I will give the time and where the horse runs as soon as betting is on the PP screens tomorrow,and so that nobody is under any illusion here are the facts.

I saw the horse running in a race where things did not quite go his way and marked him down as a future winner.
    Next time he ran in a very good race and was very badly hampered when coming with what I thought was a winning run,only to run into a wall of horses with nowhere to go for 50 or more yards before being eased down,coming home 2nd last.
    I am hoping that performance may have gone under the radar as comments in the Racing Post and the form book did not put it in quite the same way as I saw it.

I put the horse in my notebook as one to follow as the horses rating could not go up and he was a lot better than his rating.
    The exploits of the horses who ran in that race support my view and I will be backing the horse.

I will know nothing of the horses contesting Wednesdays race except what I read in the racing post,nor will know anything of the fitness and wellbeing of the horse I am backing and my reason for having a hefty bet on the horse is quite simply that I believe he is a lot better than his handicap mark and will go on to better things. The race he contests is a race I normally would not get too involved with but that's the way things worked out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Windsor abandoned after flash flooding. Waiting for Nisser in the 6,50 who I was very very confident would come in for a clean sweep in a lucky 15 which would have lined my pockets for a fortnight. Made great profit all the same but it was a farcical abandonment and very annoying!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

The horse I am talking about in the last paragraph runs next Wednesday,listed and solid group 2 and 3 placed horses have come out of the race he should have won,get it ready for this one who might get in under the radar,has more than a stone in hand imo.

Does this go at york, 3 runs on AW won 1?

I remember Never Complain running 6th of 20 behind Rogue Angel in a big chase in Galway last july,the horse also won at Tipp and was placed a couple of times for Henry de Bromhead last year in Ireland.

Now trained by a Mrs Marshall and running in hunter chases Never Complain was pulled up last time in a good hunter chase after running ok for a long way on soft ground.
    I know nothing about the trainer,but I do know that good ground was the key to this horse in Ireland and with the ground riding quick at Wincanton today,Never Complain can win the 5 10 if Mrs Marshall can train and is worth a bet at around 7/2-4/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gillamandango

I dont think Wednesdays horse will be that much under the radar unfortunately. I would imagine lots, and not on the boards, are waiting for this one. I agree with everything you said, had this in my tracker since before cheltenham. I doubt it will be much of a price, lucky if its backable e/w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

is never complain the horse??

akelly02 wrote: »

It is an old and a true maxim, that a "drop of honey catches more flies than a gallon of gall."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

It is an old and a true maxim, that a "drop of honey catches more flies than a gallon of gall."

thanks for that useless statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

It's not, Never Complain runs today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

this is like the safe thread all over again !

Whats in the box !

Getting smashed already

thanks for that useless statement.

I gave you a massive clue. I dont want to step on Zimmers toes as he wants to get a price no doubt.

Eh, whats the secrecy of this horse!! Why chat about it on the thread under secret codes if you arent going to disclose!! Its not as if the collective unit on this thread will significantly alter the price??

Although I do like a game of cryptic clues so keep a few coming and i'll figure it out hopefully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

2.10 drive on locky 13/8

Off to the Whitehouse then with the profit

edit, make that the poorhouse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I hope Zimmer says absolutely nothing now :D

I gave you a massive clue. I dont want to step on Zimmers toes as he wants to get a price no doubt.

Are you tipping your stove pipe hat and winking here ?
    if so thats a pretty cryptic clue , I was looking for references to Honey and bees !

• Advertisement

Are you tipping your stove pipe hat and winking here ?
    if so thats a pretty cryptic clue , I was looking for references to Honey and bees !

Abe Lincoln York 4.20

Abe Lincoln York 4.20

Your quote being a quote attributed to Honest old Abe was pretty cryptic , I love it

Abe Lincoln was the horse runs at 4 20 in York.
    The form of the race he ran 10th of 11 in and should have won imo worked out as follows.
    Adventourus last ran 4th in listed race
    Squash 9th ran 2nd in a group3 and 2nd in a class2 worth £93,000
    Sea of Flames 8th won 2 class 2 races
    Great Page 7th 3rd in a listed race
    Above and Beyond 6th 2nd class 2 btn a nose Chester
    Take the Helm 5th beaten 4 lengths into 7th class 2
    the 4th was 2nd in a class2
    3rd Jaadu did not run but was 2nd in a class 2 beforehand
    Tutu Nguru 2nd ran2nd in class2 4th in group 3 and 4th listed race
    Haalick 3rd class2 worth over 93,000

I think this is very strong form and Abe Lincoln will win better races than this class3. He is rated 93 and he is better than a lot of those who finished ahead of him and who are now rated in the 100s,he should have won his previous race against Raceday who is no slouch,his jockey J Crowley messed up twice and could do so again in this 20 runner handicap.
    He opened at 9s on bet 365 this morning and quickly went 8-7-6-5 and is now 4s.
    None of the money is mine or my couple of friends and if he does not drift significantly I will not be on at all and will be hoping he suffers traffic problems again.
    I was hoping the horse would be entered in a weakish 3 year old listed race rather than the tough handicap tomorrow.
    I highlighted the horse without naming it so that punters would be prepared if he was a value price.
    He is now too short and should not be backed and if the early money was not from connections he may not be given a hard time and we will get another opportunity.

Jim Bolger thinks he will win the 4 45 tipp with Landikusic.

I think it was skybet he opened on Zimmer. Consistantly backed and also on exchanges since 1pm. Now 11/4 and this is a G3 horse in a Class3 Handicap.

I think it was skybet he opened on Zimmer. Consistantly backed and also on exchanges since 1pm. Now 11/4 and this is a G3 horse in a Class3 Handicap.
    You are probably right I was looking at so many screens I thought it was 365.
    I will be happy to sit this out now 20 runner h caps are not normally my thing and a lot can go wrong and if the price is not right I won't bet 8s was the price I had in mind and the 12 grand race is a strange choice for Noseda.
    I invested hours of my time on Abe Lincoln and I am hoping to get something eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭irish_major

Had figured that was the one you were waiting for zimmer. Into 3s now, what a crazy price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Could never bring myself to back a Noseda horse anyway. I think he's a rubbish trainer. Nearly all his pokes are well backed and fail to deliver.

Slattsy wrote: »
    I hope Zimmer says absolutely nothing now :D
    Ha ha I was hoping some might work it out,the bloody nag is 3/1,9/I would look good now I shall have to open some more accounts lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Rose Revived 19:35 Southwell @4/1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement