Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Abe Lincoln back to 5s. Tempted to take a chance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Abe Lincoln back to 5s. Tempted to take a chance.

F**k it, it's worth €20 ew at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

All the reasons for backing Abe Lincoln are still valid and as punters refused to accept the poor price being offered the price has now started to drift and while I initially hoped to get 8s, 6s would still entice me to bet and in all honesty I would not let the horse go unbacked at the current price (5/1),though my bet would be smaller at that price for value reasons.

I see Chief Whip now looks likely to start favourite and despite being owned by the powerful Coolmore boys his form does not justify such a short price but if a gamble is taking place it may make the price on Abe Lincoln mor acceptable.

Molten Brown won his first "rules" race,a chase in Perth in 2013 and looked set for a bright future.
    He did not run again for 260 days and was disappointing.He did not reappear for nearly 2 years until this year running 7th behind Klepth in a hunter chase.

Two months later he ran a nice race finishing 3rd not far behind Nowurhurlin who ran a good 2nd yesterday.Railway Dillon who is well fancied for todays race was a head behind,the weights are the same today but Molten Brown at 7/1 is more than twice the price and being lightly raced can improve so I am backing it ew.

20ew on Abe
    20ew on Molten
    10ew on double.

Fingers crossed :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Molten Brown won his first "rules" race,a chase in Perth in 2013 and looked set for a bright future.
    He did not run again for 260 days and was disappointing.He did not reappear for nearly 2 years until this year running 7th behind Klepth in a hunter chase.

Two months later he ran a nice race finishing 3rd not far behind Nowurhurlin who ran a good 2nd yesterday.Railway Dillon who is well fancied for todays race was a head behind,the weights are the same today but Molten Brown at 7/1 is more than twice the price and being lightly raced can improve so I am backing it ew.

Course and race, please? EDIT: 2020 at Perth.

Please put these details in, for the benefit of casual punters like myself. Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Fondie in the 8pm at Bath 5-1 is my main bet today

good luck all

TrueDub wrote: »
    Course and race, please? EDIT: 2020 at Perth.

Please put these details in, for the benefit of casual punters like myself. Many thanks!
    Sorry about that Molten Brown runs in the 8 20 at Perth.

I have taken the 6s with PP on Abe Lincoln,cut back on the stake size and looking forward to the race.

Backed two others today that should win,Bonobo 5 45 Wor who runs off the same mark as recent win and ridden by the same 7lb claimer,i rang someone who knows the time day on the Evan Williams horses and he told me the horse is fully expected to win today 15/8 generally available.

Miss Crick 5 10 Wor is expected to return to his best form on the better ground and should be great value at the 7/4 thats available.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭famagusta

abe not trying today, they're waiting for another day after price was ruined i'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

famagusta wrote: »
    abe not trying today, they're waiting for another day after price was ruined i'd say

Did he not fly home for 5th?
    Just not good enough id say

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭famagusta

i just thought Jim was flapping a bit and not doing much, only my two cents!!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

famagusta wrote: »
    i just thought Jim was flapping a bit and not doing much, only my two cents!!

I actually felt as though he could have probably got 4th which would have paid us each way! :o
    But all chance of winning had well and truly gone at that stage so hard to blame him.

Crowley has not got the best out of this horse in the last 3 rides,he should have stayed in the middle and would have been placed,going over to the far rail cost him some ground and it also seems he needs longer than 7 furlongs because this race looked to be run at a good pace and Abe ran on well.

I will not give up on Abe,he was off for 2 months and this race was full of improving types and may turn out to be a very good race that will provide a lot of winners when we examine the result in detail,for all that we done our money and I am glad I cut back my bet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

for all that we done our money and I am glad I cut back my bet.

That's the risk we take backing horses, sometimes it works out & other times... Thanks for sharing your insight, Zimmer.

I have taken the 6s with PP on Abe Lincoln,cut back on the stake size and looking forward to the race.

Backed two others today that should win,Bonobo 5 45 Wor who runs off the same mark as recent win and ridden by the same 7lb claimer,i rang someone who knows the time day on the Evan Williams horses and he told me the horse is fully expected to win today 15/8 generally available.

Miss Crick 5 10 Wor is expected to return to his best form on the better ground and should be great value at the 7/4 thats available.

Things looking better already thanks to Miss Crick.

Molten Brown ran a very good race, just caught at the end. Thanks again Zimmer.

Alfred Hutchinson runs well in this race and likes the track,has nothing hidden from the handicapper but always gives his best,now with David OMeara he ran well first time out and is worth a small ew at 20/1 and we may find a bookie going 5 places.

Nice Hunter Chase card at Fontwell to watch and the card looks as if a lot of favs should win I will have a look in depth later in an attempt to find a banker or two.

Alfred Hutchinson runs well in this race and likes the track,has nothing hidden from the handicapper but always gives his best,now with David OMeara he ran well first time out and is worth a small ew at 20/1 and we may find a bookie going 5 places.

AHEM!!!!!!!!!!

Running in the 15:45 at York......

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

3.15 midterm 7/4 365

nice enough price

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »
    3.15 midterm 7/4 365

nice enough price

I am wary of Midterm, several very good horses in there and Dettori choosing to ride wings of desire and then I read this from Chris cook, the guardians excellent tipper

It is a beautiful spring morning here in York, offering at least a hint that winter has finally packed its bags and headed off to annoy someone else. And if summer is now officially on the way, there could be no better moment for Midterm, or one of his opponents in today’s Dante Stakes, to mark himself out as a worthy favourite for the Derby, three weeks on Saturday.
    Midterm has done nothing wrong in his two starts to date, and the time of his win in the Sandown Classic Trial last month suggested that he could indeed be a Group One horse in waiting. His position in the Derby betting, however, owes as much to the fact that none of the Derby trials since have produced a convincing winner with the obvious exception of the 2,000 Guineas, and Galileo Gold’s chance of running at Epsom appears to have been boffined by gene-testers.
    This, surely, is his moment - yet the market remains unconvinced. Midterm is a 6-4 chance for the Dante this morning, more likely to be beaten than he is to win, and while nothing is being heavily backed against him, the implication is that somewhere among his 11 opponents Midterm will meet his match.
    There are several interesting sub-plots in the race, including Frankie Dettori’s decision to ride Wings Of Desire ahead of Foundation, the runner-up in the Craven Stakes last month. The official line is that he knows how good Foundation is, having ridden the colt in four of his five previous starts, and wants to assess Wings Of Desire at first hand. It does not suggest much confidence from the jockey that Foundation is going to be a top-class colt this season, however, or even that he has a solid chance against Midterm today.
    Midterm, meanwhile, also has a new jockey in Pat Smullen, as Ryan Moore is aboard Deauville (3.15) for Aidan O’Brien. Deauville was just behind Foundation as a juvenile, but if he has made normal progress over the winter, he should be a serious opponent for Midterm this afternoon, and as a son of Galileo, the step up to a mile-and-a-quarter seems sure to suit. The quickening ground should be a benefit too, as the only poor run of his career was on holding ground at Doncaster in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 deise11

Marshim 5.15 Tipperary expected to win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Express Himself 15:45 York @7/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

TrueDub wrote:
    Running in the 15:45 at York......

TrueDub wrote:
    AHEM!!!!!!!!!!

How on earth did you manage to figure that out???

Keep the tips coming zimmer, we're well able to find the horses ourselves.

Dave147 wrote: »
    How on earth did you manage to figure that out???

Keep the tips coming zimmer, we're well able to find the horses ourselves.

The Racing Post website has a search function. When you find the horse, there's an Entries tab which will give you the course and race.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

TrueDub wrote: »
    The Racing Post website has a search function. When you find the horse, there's an Entries tab which will give you the course and race.

I usually just Google the name with horse after it if I'm not on the racing post or something similar. First couple of sites have the horse with the entry. Only takes a minute but yeah would be handier to have the time and meeting!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

petes wrote: »
    I usually just Google the name with horse after it if I'm not on the racing post or something similar. First couple of sites have the horse with the entry. Only takes a minute but yeah would be handier to have the time and meeting!

Ah come on seriously, these lads go to a lot of time and effort researching and giving write ups on there fancies... The least we can do is google where it's running

small e/w on Oasis fantasy. Up against a stronger field this time but De Sousa is back on board after the previous win. I took 7-1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

atr another option for a quick search

http://www.attheraces.com/home

• Advertisement

small e/w on Oasis fantasy. Up against a stronger field this time but De Sousa is back on board after the previous win. I took 7-1

So did I and did it ew in Ladbrokes,had to break it up a few times as Lads are refunding (as a free bet if 2nd or 3rd to the jolly) max 12.50 ew or 25 win.

Make a nice difference

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement