Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Cocktails at Dawn my only bet today in the next At Aintree.

Will love the ground and the trip and has a lot of weight but i think he'll give me a good run. Beat Blacklion and Native River at Cheltenham on his last completed start - win.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

**** sake lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Lots of good racing today and for reasons that seemed very good at the time I have not studied the form in the way I normally do on a Friday night.

I did have a good look at the very competitive London Gold Cup worth 43.5 grand to the winner at 4 30 Newbury.
    Top weight Ebtihaal is a horse I like and this Derby entry seems sure to run well,he beat Prince of Arran last year but now has to give him 9 lbs and Prince of Arran will be well suited by today's trip.
    of Arran has been brought along nicely by his young trainer Charlie Fellowes who expects a very good run from his horse today,a slight drawback is the fact that he is drawn 13 and Tom Queally his regular jockey will have to drop him in behind before working his way through the field before making his challenge in the final furlong.
    A reasonable punt ew at 10/1 or better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

TrueDub wrote:
    The Racing Post website has a search function. When you find the horse, there's an Entries tab which will give you the course and race.

Keep using it so instead of moaning on thread to someone who makes us a lot of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Dave147 wrote: »
    Keep using it so instead of moaning on thread to someone who makes us a lot of money.

Seriously how hard is it to take a couple of seconds to add the time and meeting?

It's not a moan but a valid request, not everyone knows how to look up horse entries etc. especially a casual gambler that might like a punt every now and then.

I appreciate all the lads work in here and I know how to find a horse etc.

Nothing to get upset about lads!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

here you go. 2:45 Newbury Star storm as my e/w value bet at 10-1

The fave is eagle top which is odds on but no value in that plus faves dont always win.

Poor first run this year, but hoping now the cobwebs are blown off, gets back to form as last year

Star Storm (IRE) Vital stats 33% win
    Period Runs 1st 2nd 3rd
    Lifetime (Combined) 9 3 2

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/profiles/horse/874941/star-storm

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

MOD

Ok,

I assume your real names are not Stabby McStab so please stop taking stabs at each other.
    It might not have meant all that bad but an occasional reader of this thread, like myself, gets a bad taste in the mouth of these last few pages.

Remember rule no 1 of Fight Club Boards... Dont be a dick

Next warnings are going to be a bit more personal

Thanks.

Lots of good racing today and for reasons that seemed very good at the time I have not studied the form in the way I normally do on a Friday night.

I did have a good look at the very competitive London Gold Cup worth 43.5 grand to the winner at 4 30 Newbury.
    Top weight Ebtihaal is a horse I like and this Derby entry seems sure to run well,he beat Prince of Arran last year but now has to give him 9 lbs and Prince of Arran will be well suited by today's trip.
    of Arran has been brought along nicely by his young trainer Charlie Fellowes who expects a very good run from his horse today,a slight drawback is the fact that he is drawn 13 and Tom Queally his regular jockey will have to drop him in behind before working his way through the field before making his challenge in the final furlong.
    A reasonable punt ew at 10/1 or better.

More traffic problems for me he would not have won but would have placed and PP was paying 4 places,lucky I have patience.

3pm Ripon Zig Zag Girl, NAP

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

3pm I think

• Advertisement

Boom! hope some got on!

I put a few quid ew on Dineur 13/2 in the 4 25 Market Rasen,has been hunter chasing and ran well last time in Punchestown before dropping away as he does not get 3 miles.

Today's 2 miles 3 is more suitable and the ground will suit,runs off 130 and can be competitive.
    Caused a bit of a shock in Cheltenham when 2nd at 50/1 on his penultimate run and has a good chance today on form.

Naturally Blonde has a very good chance in the 8 50 at Killarney tonight,lightly raced he has run well in the latest point to point and 4 days ago ran well in a bumper behind Westendorf.

Ridden by the useful E A Lalor in tonights ladies bumper Naturally Blonde is around 5/1 and may even drift a bit as money comes for the more fashionable riders and trainers.
    A penalty kick for a place I am backing this ew.

Brighton is the meeting to bet at today as Ladbrokes are giving money back if 2nd or 3rd to the fav if 8 or more runners 2nd only if less than 8.
    Money back as a free bet limited to 12.50 ew or 25 win,but we can get round that.

I backed 3 at good prices.
    Major Posey 3 15 10/1 ew,a good 2nd last time.
    Brave Archibald,running well and i give this a good chance,backed it ew at 12/1 now into 10s
    What a Party 13/2 ew,has been running over much longer and should be suited by shorter today and Gaye Kelleway's horses are now running well.
    Three good priced horses that could give us a profit today without having to invest heavily and i backed the 3 in an ew trixie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Brighton is the meeting to bet at today as Ladbrokes are giving money back if 2nd or 3rd to the fav if 8 or more runners 2nd only if less than 8.
    Money back as a free bet limited to 12.50 ew or 25 win,but we can get round that.

I backed 3 at good prices.
    Major Posey 3 15 10/1 ew,a good 2nd last time.
    Brave Archibald,running well and i give this a good chance,backed it ew at 12/1 now into 10s
    What a Party 13/2 ew,has been running over much longer and should be suited by shorter today and Gaye Kelleway's horses are now running well.
    Three good priced horses that could give us a profit today without having to invest heavily and i backed the 3 in an ew trixie.

Did that Trixie finish ahead ?
    Put them in a place pot Posey and my other selection let me down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Really like the cut of Decent excuse in Killarney's 7.50. Seems to be incrementally improving since winter break and the ground suits. Wouldn't let the price put you off and ground definitely to suit in a race with a few good sorts such as Bally Adam and First Lieuthant.

Take it e/w small to medium stake.

Should go off about 14s to 16s once First Lieuthenant and Ballyadam are backed in before the off so dont take price

Did that Trixie finish ahead ?
    Put them in a place pot Posey and my other selection let me down

€105 back for €80 invested,small profit.

Tomorrow...1:50 Lingfield .... Zamjar 9/2
    Ryan Moore rides a new expensive purchase

worth an e/w

out of exceed and excel

http://bloodstock.racingpost.com/stallionbook/stallion.sd?popup=1&horse_id=577888

6 50 Killarney,Aspen Mountain will not be beaten,get on now.

Monks Stand has Poets Choice to beat in the 1 50 at Ling and should do so,unlucky last time when he got no run until too late and then ran on well.
    I backed it at evens,though Crowley gives me the impression that he could find traffic problems on a runway,lets hope he can steer a straight course today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Tomorrow...1:50 Lingfield .... Zamjar 9/2
    Ryan Moore rides a new expensive purchase
    Monks Stand has Poets Choice to beat in the 1 50 at Ling and should do so

2 horses in the same race..........decisions...decisions :confused::p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Monks Stand has Poets Choice to beat in the 1 50 at Ling and should do so,unlucky last time when he got no run until too late and then ran on well.
    I backed it at evens,though Crowley gives me the impression that he could find traffic problems on a runway,lets hope he can steer a straight course today.

Just spotted it in time. Cheers again Zim.

eamonnq wrote: »
    2 horses in the same race..........decisions...decisions :confused::p

hope you made the right one! Mine is still running!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

hope you made the right one! Mine is still running!

No, I sat on the fence and backed neither !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Damn nice forecast there was looking at it too long and missed the off

Primitivio 7 30 Sandown looks a good bet to follow up his recent win,has a 6 pound penalty for that win but is still 8 lbs well in for this compared to future handicaps.
    The ground is not as soft as when he last won and he should win I have not been as active as usual and may have a bit too much on so I am hoping for a good run.

Primitivio 7 30 Sandown looks a good bet to follow up his recent win,has a 6 pound penalty for that win but is still 8 lbs well in for this compared to future handicaps.
    The ground is not as soft as when he last won and he should win I have not been as active as usual and may have a bit too much on so I am hoping for a good run.
    Primitivo did the biz well and I got a good few quid.

Shake it Up 8 25 Downpatrick is trained by Jim Dreaper whose horses repeatedly jump extremely well and he can win today's hunter chase.
    There are some promising horses contesting this race and while I would prefer another 2 furlongs,such was the accellereration shown last time I believe Shake it Up being a 7 year old can improve again and 9/4 is a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Marshgate Lane 15:15 Wolverhampton @15/8

A few more selections for today.
    Penmore Mill 7 15 Strat,i backed this when it won lto and can win again today 9/4 -5/2.
    On the Bridge has a bit to find on official ratings in the 7 50 hunter chase at Strat but is running very well at present and will love the good ground an ew bet at 6/1.
    Inland Sea 4 20 WOL can win dropped back to 6 furlongs,got bogged down in the mud in France 2 runs ago and faded over 7 furlongs close home last time when 3rd,today's trip is perfect and the horse is worth a bet at 11/4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭minibear

A few more selections for today.
    Penmore Mill 7 15 Strat,i backed this when it won lto and can win again today 9/4 -5/2.
    On the Bridge has a bit to find on official ratings in the 7 50 hunter chase at Strat but is running very well at present and will love the good ground an ew bet at 6/1.
    Inland Sea 4 20 WOL can win dropped back to 6 furlongs,got bogged down in the mud in France 2 runs ago and faded over 7 furlongs close home last time when 3rd,today's trip is perfect and the horse is worth a bet at 11/4.

cheers zimmer! three to go. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement