Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

minibear wrote: »
    cheers zimmer! three to go. :)

Yup have them in L15 and accum.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

racso1975 wrote: »
    Yup have them in L15 and accum.

Here too. On a Yankee. Thanks for the good start Zimmermania.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Beautiful race by Penmore, thanks Zimmer!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

A few more selections for today.
    Penmore Mill 7 15 Strat,i backed this when it won lto and can win again today 9/4 -5/2.
    On the Bridge has a bit to find on official ratings in the 7 50 hunter chase at Strat but is running very well at present and will love the good ground an ew bet at 6/1.
    Inland Sea 4 20 WOL can win dropped back to 6 furlongs,got bogged down in the mud in France 2 runs ago and faded over 7 furlongs close home last time when 3rd,today's trip is perfect and the horse is worth a bet at 11/4.

Welcome back Zimmer, 2 out of 3 some performance by Penmore Hill there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Mount Logan 14:50 Goodwood @15/8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Kachy 12/1 Haydock 4.10

The fav won't like the ground, worth taking it on

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Benrobjohn

Fancy glenmayne at the curragh 4.10. E/w bet at 12s.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Big shock there.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Beau Satchel 33-1 3.05

2nd in this last year. Bottom weight here and drawn 1.
    I think it can go close and improve for its two turf runs this year. Has run consistently well
    over a mile last year.

1pt ew 33-1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Was in Kenmare for the last few days playing golf and celebrating someones big birthday with 19 others.

Decided to concentrate on the enjoyment to the exclusion of the punting and looking at the results I am undecided whether I would have made or lost money,back home now and back to the serious business of finding winners for the rest of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I like the look of Bunce tomorrow in Ayr, 14.30. Seems to take him a couple of runs each summer to get back into winning stride and his usual jockey is back up. Versatile ground wise too.

I backed Luca Cumani's Banksea in the 3 55 at Leicester Monday,ran a blinder last time in a much better race than this and the booking of Ryan Moore suggests Cumani means business.

I took the 9/4 which I think is generous as I believe Banksea will run up a sequence and turn out to be very good.

Perfect words won first time out this year and though up in the weights and badly handicapped with Roy's Legacy on recent running I think Perfect Words will continue to improve and defy the penalty.
    Suited by some give in the ground there could be more to come from this sprinter,i have not backed it yet and I am hoping 4s become available and I will back it ew.Runs in the 2 30 Ayr.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I backed Luca Cumani's Banksea in the 3 55 at Leicester Monday,ran a blinder last time in a much better race than this and the booking of Ryan Moore suggests Cumani means business.

I took the 9/4 which I think is generous as I believe Banksea will run up a sequence and turn out to be very good.

Perfect words won first time out this year and though up in the weights and badly handicapped with Roy's Legacy on recent running I think Perfect Words will continue to improve and defy the penalty.
    Suited by some give in the ground there could be more to come from this sprinter,i have not backed it yet and I am hoping 4s become available and I will back it ew.

Thanks, I like this, will follow

3 runs, 1 win, 1 second and 1 third

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/profiles/horse/905528/banksea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Suited by some give in the ground there could be more to come from this sprinter,i have not backed it yet and I am hoping 4s become available and I will back it ew.Runs in the 2 30 Ayr.

Available on betfred at that price

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

racso1975 wrote: »
    Available on betfred at that price

It's 1/5 place odds

I GOT 4S with Lads I backed one other at Ayr in the 4 45 Margarets Mission 14/1 lads.
    Ran in a very good race last time finishing 3rd and the 1st and 2nd favs in todays race may be a little high in the handicap,it is hard to know if today is the day for Margarets Mission but if it is the Jim Goldie trained horse can win this at a very big price.

The horse has been tenderly handled prior to its last run and will be winning very soon a small ew is the bet today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

backed one other at Ayr in the 4 45 Margarets Mission 14/1 lads.
    Ran in a very good race last time finishing 3rd and the 1st and 2nd favs in todays race may be a little high in the handicap,it is hard to know if today is the day for Margarets Mission but if it is the Jim Goldie trained horse can win this at a very big price.

The horse has been tenderly handled prior to its last run and will be winning very soon a small ew is the bet today.

Non-runner I think.

No joy Cumani's beaten easily enough and perfect words ran poorly enough also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I GOT 4S with Lads I backed one other at Ayr in the 4 45 Margarets Mission 14/1 lads.

TrueDub wrote: »
    Non-runner I think.

A bit early and no idea if will run, but it's entered in a race at Newcastle on the 26th 20:05 on the all weather track over a mile.

One bet today and i have had €100 ew at 7/2 on Hey Bob at 5 30 Hexam.

Hey Bob had the race sewn up when coming a cropper at the last in a Wetherby handicap last time,just 3 lbs higher today in an even worse race he does not have to improve to win this.
    He ran two reasonable races before his fall though he did not help his chance by hanging right in both races and looked a difficult ride.It could be the case that he is better going left handed as last time because when he hung right it was on right handed tracks and he goes left handed today.

Another reason to back him today is the lack of quality in the opposition.
    The 2nd fav Tish Hall is useless enough in Ireland and 3rd fav Lord of Drums has plenty of weight,has not run over hurdles since 2012 and seems to need further than 2 miles nowdays and is not running well at present.
    Hey Bob looks a standout on his last run and should win today if recovered from recent fall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

Why back E/W at 7/2 at a fifth of the odds? You cant make your money back if its placed!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Why back E/W at 7/2 at a fifth of the odds? You cant make your money back if its placed!

Because for value if it's place he will get a good lump of his money back if only placed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Am I right in working out the return would be 170 if the horse only places ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

eamonnq wrote: »
    Am I right in working out the return would be 170 if the horse only places ?

Yep. Therefore down 30

Yep. Therefore down 30

Or down 200 if it is 4th or worse.

Or down 200 if it is 4th or worse.

That's why it's called gambling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

seems strange to me to bet another 100 euro knowing that it is for a loss.

It's not for a loss it's for insurance

It is not for a loss though, it is for an odds-on bet, to recover some of the funds if the horse does not come first.

It is the sort of thing that if I did it the horse would come 4th (by a short head)!!

• Advertisement

It is not for a loss though, it is for an odds-on bet, to recover some of the funds if the horse does not come first.

It is the sort of thing that if I did it the horse would come 4th (by a short head)!!

^^^^ this

At the end of the day every bet we make has the potential to be a loss, how many times have we seen an odds on sure thing get beaten or fall at the last?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement