Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

One bet today and i have had €100 ew at 7/2 on Hey Bob at 5 30 Hexam.

Hey Bob had the race sewn up when coming a cropper at the last in a Wetherby handicap last time,just 3 lbs higher today in an even worse race he does not have to improve to win this.
    He ran two reasonable races before his fall though he did not help his chance by hanging right in both races and looked a difficult ride.It could be the case that he is better going left handed as last time because when he hung right it was on right handed tracks and he goes left handed today.

Another reason to back him today is the lack of quality in the opposition.
    The 2nd fav Tish Hall is useless enough in Ireland and 3rd fav Lord of Drums has plenty of weight,has not run over hurdles since 2012 and seems to need further than 2 miles nowdays and is not running well at present.
    Hey Bob looks a standout on his last run and should win today if recovered from recent fall.

Thanks will pair it with Jumeirah Star 2:45 wolves. 3-1
    Visored for the first time and owner is 6/7 with first time visors

quite a decent horse anyway

(took faller insurance with Hey Bob)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I am on at 1/4 the odds so above calculations are not correct,also the horse may drift to 4s or better.
    I do not have the time nor the inclination to explain my methods at the moment.

I backed Toviere in the 6 30 at Southwell has the best novice form on show.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Am I right in working out the return would be 170 if the horse only places ?

Nothing is as simple as it seems,in my case I will receive €175 if the horse is placed,a loss of €25,however Ladbrokes are giving money back as a free bet if 2nd or 3rd to the sp fav subject to limits of 12.50 ew or 25 win,it is very easy for me to get a 100 ew on with the money back not affected by the limits set by Lads and these things make a difference in the long run.

I am an ew backer at as low as 2/1 when conditions are right and whether it is worthwhile or not depends on ones ability to pick winners and placed horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

The drift spoke volumes there, ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Backing horses ew is ridiculous in my opinion. Why want to be 2nd or 3rd? Use Betfair and lay shorter and get your stake back. Better off having the whole amount win because if you feel the horse will win, it will have to trade at a shorter price!

• Advertisement

Thanks will pair it with Jumeirah Star 2:45 wolves. 3-1
    Visored for the first time and owner is 6/7 with first time visors

quite a decent horse anyway

(took faller insurance with Hey Bob)

thank god for faller insurance, unlucky zimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Shanee. wrote: »
    Backing horses ew is ridiculous in my opinion. Why want to be 2nd or 3rd?

Id have to disagree and say the ew single is probably the best bet a punter can place. Its the ancient issue of win v ew and is hardly worth debate at this stage but its worth noting ew bets open you up to way more options when it comes to laying aswell.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Let's keep this thread for fancies and results only, please - the benefits of each-way betting can be discussed in its' own thread if someone would like to start one.

No joy today,Hey Bob travelled well for a long way then hung right and never got into a position to challenge before falling.
    I am annoyed as I was right about the other two horses I mentioned,the well backed Tish Hall is useless and ran badly as did the top weight but money stays with the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

I fancy An Cailin Orga tonight in the 20.00 5/1

• Advertisement

Classy Anne... Hamilton 3:05pm CD winner Got it at fours, good chance

Its time i backed a winner again and i was looking at Al Khafji in the 7 50 Kem,upped in distance can improve to win again but Luca Cumani,as often happens has made a slow start and has not had a winner from his last 15 runners so is too risky at 6/4 so i will wait until stable shows form before backing any Cumani horses.

My only bet today is Felix Leiter 4 oc Ling. Carries top weight and apprentice ridden he can take advantage of a big drop in class from his last 2 runs in hot Newmarket handicaps.
    Sometimes runs from the front but doesn't have to.
    Could be drawn a little better but i believe he can beat these regardless.
    I am on ew at 5s Ladbrokes and was only 7/2 in Powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Well done Zimmer, you're back in the saddle!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭minibear

My only bet today is Felix Leiter 4 oc Ling. Carries top weight and apprentice ridden he can take advantage of a big drop in class from his last 2 runs in hot Newmarket handicaps.
    Sometimes runs from the front but doesn't have to.
    Could be drawn a little better but i believe he can beat these regardless.
    I am on ew at 5s Ladbrokes and was only 7/2 in Powers.

great call. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Great shout Zimmer! Currently only backing horses you put up and my pocket is very happy.

Dave147 wrote: »
    Great shout Zimmer! Currently only backing horses you put up and my pocket is very happy.

Happy to see it cruise home,only had half what I had on Hey Bob yesterday but €312.50 ahead on the day and very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I'm on Perfect Timing 12/1 (Newton Abbot 7:40)

First bet in a while for me. Really like this horse. There is usually no maybes with him, it is either a good solid win or a complete fail. The distance and going is right today. Sometimes stamina is an issue with him so it needs good positioning and the race to go the right way. The usual jock is aboard though so the tactis should be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    I'm on Perfect Timing 12/1 (Newton Abbot 7:40)

First bet in a while for me. Really like this horse. There is usually no maybes with him, it is either a good solid win or a complete fail. The distance and going is right today. Sometimes stamina is an issue with him so it needs good positioning and the race to go the right way. The usual jock is aboard though so the tactis should be right.

Was running in a good position, then awkwardly jumped an early fence and was pulled up. Hopefully did not do any harm to himself. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I like Fast On in the 8.30
    Should get closer to Elusive in Paris, like weight swing.

14-1

Low price but Blue Geranium 3:20 Chelmsford should do well, Dettori onboard

Also one of my favourite horses runs today with de sousa onboard
    6.00 Innicastle Lad

singles and double

• Advertisement

Todays fancy That's Mypresenting 8.25 e/w at 20/1

All the action for happens late today.
    Western Hymn 7 40 Sandown likes the track and even though its a tricky contest the fact that PP is giving money back for 2nd 9as a free bet)swung it and i backed it to win. 4s pp
    Margarets Mission won 3 on the bounce last year and it is strange to see it running on the new aw track at Newcastle as the horse has never run on the aw before.
    The horse has run into form and is ready to win again so on the basis that the trainer knows he will handle the surface i backed it at 4s ew.

My strongest bet goes at 9 05 Newcastle,not a huge price 5/2 PP but he only needs to run as well as last time to defeat the moderate opposition he meets here,a very easy winner last time he should dominate here.

In a rush when I wrote up my post and forgot to mention the horses name was Coto,but I am sure anyone reading the post worked it out.Mea culpa.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

My strongest bet goes at 9 05 Newcastle,not a huge price 5/2 PP but he only needs to run as well as last time to defeat the moderate opposition he meets here,a very easy winner last time he should dominate here.

This horse is called Coto, yes?

I also fancy Ostatnia in the 5.40

TrueDub wrote: »
    This horse is called Coto, yes?

Sorry,I was in a bit of a rush and of course you are correct Coto is the horse.

Low price but Blue Geranium 3:20 Chelmsford should do well, Dettori onboard

Also one of my favourite horses runs today with de sousa onboard
    6.00 Innicastle Lad

singles and double

oh well only one winner but a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

CH3OH wrote: »
    A bit early and no idea if will run, but it's entered in a race at Newcastle on the 26th 20:05 on the all weather track over a mile.

After waiting for days... Margarets mission refuses to load and was withdrawn at the start.

Probably lucky as O'Meara's both ran very well

All the action for happens late today.
    Western Hymn 7 40 Sandown likes the track and even though its a tricky contest the fact that PP is giving money back for 2nd 9as a free bet)swung it and i backed it to win. 4s pp
    Margarets Mission won 3 on the bounce last year and it is strange to see it running on the new aw track at Newcastle as the horse has never run on the aw before.
    The horse has run into form and is ready to win again so on the basis that the trainer knows he will handle the surface i backed it at 4s ew.

In a rush when I wrote up my post and forgot to mention the horses name was Coto,but I am sure anyone reading the post worked it out.Mea culpa.

get in zimmer, thanks, had a good bet on that and in a double with baileys mirage :D

had margarets mission as well but that was non runner

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Bondi Beach Boy 8-1 8.00

Me like.

What you think Zimmerframe ?

• Advertisement

get in zimmer, thanks, had a good bet on that and in a double with baileys mirage :D

had margarets mission as well but that was non runner

Yea 1 beaten a neck,my main bet wins by a neck and a non-runner who was mulish at the start and I was hoping he would not go in as something was obviously amiss.
    A nice profit on the day and luck always evens itself out not matter what we say at times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement