Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Bondi Beach Boy 8-1 8.00

Is Bondi Beach running at Bondi Beach !

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

todays fancy next sensation e/w 6.50 8/1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Bondi Beach Boy 8-1 8.00

Is Bondi Beach running at Bondi Beach !

Pontefract, 20:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Haydock 5:10 Threat Assessed 6-1

also its greg woods bet of the day

On a decent card at Haydock, Threat Assessed (5.10) could be the answer to a competitive one-mile handicap. Clive Cox’s colt ran away with a Chepstow maiden last time out and an opening mark of 80 could prove to be lenient, not least given the stable’s current form with eight winners from 27 runners over the last fortnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Reckon Harry Bosch could pull off a surprise today

€25 e/w 5.20 brighton

Took 13/2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

My best today was meant to be Al Sailiyha in the 2 50 at brighton until one was taken out to leave 7 runners my ew bet is now not looking as good as when there were 3 places.

There are still good reasons for backing the horse despite the fact that he can run with a 3 lb less rating from tomorrow.Hannon must feel todays race is not that strong when he still runs despite being 3 lbs worse off today.
    He does use a useful 5 lb claimer and that is good enough for me though i did reduce my bet because of one coming out and 9/2 seems a decent price.
    I am told Golden Friend is home and dry in the 3 30 brighton and i backed it at 10/11.

Gone too Far is up 9 lbs for his recent win but i believe he can defy the hefty rise.

Basically a summer horse whose 5 wins have been on good ground it is reasonable to assume connections will try to win again with conditions in his favour 4/1 and i am on ew.Runs in the 6 50 Wor.

Final bet is Haraz in the 7 10 Muss,difficult to win with but seems genuine enough it will be hard to find an easier opportunity for the horse and at 5/2 is worth a bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Goldenfield with a nice drift to 6/5 :D Quality stuff Zimmer!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

ASOT wrote: »
    Goldenfield with a nice drift to 6/5 :D Quality stuff Zimmer!

Only got evens but happy days thanks zimmer

I did a ryan moore treble, 2 are in (goldenfield and monkstand) Just need Lovingyourwork in the 4:20 to come home for some gravey

A couple of disappointing runners today but another very good winning day,had my biggest bet on Golden Friend and 6/5 was soo generous I had been happy to take 10/11.

2nd biggest bet on Missdflight at 11/2 and had a winning double as well.
    Gave a bit back on the others but won a good few quid today and the last 3 days have been excellent.

• Advertisement

A couple of disappointing runners today but another very good winning day,had my biggest bet on Golden Friend and 6/5 was soo generous I had been happy to take 10/11.

2nd biggest bet on Missdflight at 11/2 and had a winning double as well.
    Gave a bit back on the others but won a good few quid today and the last 3 days have been excellent.

Cheer's Zimmer!

last one for me, PELOPONNESE in the 8:30

last one for me, PELOPONNESE in the 8:30

Nice finish to the day :D

ASOT wrote: »
    Nice finish to the day :D

indeed, been a great day despite my main nap still out there running! :eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭beertons

It's always the one you don't follow...

Golden Steps trained by Marco Botti is put up as a sporting bet for the 2 50 at Chester.

Golden Steps has never run beyond 6 furlongs in his career but his style of running suggests he might be well suited to the step up in trip. Ran a good race last time when last out of the stalls before running on well at Newbury.

Well suited by good ground his trainer is sure to win a big handicap with him this year and he will always have a chance as he finishes off his races very well.Available at 20s a small ew bet is recommended.

Miss Marjurie won the the 2 35 Haydock last year and while his first run this year behind Carnachy seemed disappointing it is reasonable to assume he was being prepared for this so I backed it ew.

Buratino clearly did not stay in the 2,000 gns and should do better in the 3 45 Haydock.

Golden Steps trained by Marco Botti is put up as a sporting bet for the 2 50 at Chester.

Golden Steps has never run beyond 6 furlongs in his career but his style of running suggests he might be well suited to the step up in trip. Ran a good race last time when last out of the stalls before running on well at Newbury.

Well suited by good ground his trainer is sure to win a big handicap with him this year and he will always have a chance as he finishes off his races very well.Available at 20s a small ew bet is recommended.

Owe you a fortune now, cheers lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Nice place. Have it as singles and doubles in next in navan

ran well if he had not dwelt we might have had a long priced winner,will probably be running in Epsom or Glorious Goodwod in one of big handicaps.

• Advertisement

Backed Horace Hazel in the 4 30 at Fontwell,stays the trip well and has a good 3 lb claimer on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Thepartysover 25/1 EW (Fontwell 14:50)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    Thepartysover 25/1 EW (Fontwell 14:50)

Nabbed a 2nd. Place money at good odds.

whiteandgold 12:45 Redcar was 5-1 now down to 3-1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

whiteandgold 12:45 Redcar was 5-1 now down to 3-1

13/8 with PP

Given that irish 3 year old and maiden hurdle form is generally a lot stronger than UK form at a modest level, Ciao Cielo in the first at Cartmel must be a very solid bet.

A winner of 3 on the flat,Ciao Cielo divided the fav and 2nd fav last time out.
    The fav went on to win next time and the 3rd was 2nd of 18 on his next run.

This is very strong form and I backed it at 5/4 and expect it to win,the 2nd fav was modest enough on the flat over 7f and a mile and has his first run over hurdles today,if with a lesser trainer he would not be as short and it will be a shock to me if he is good enough to beat the irish raider.

Havana Jack was tailed off in 4 previous runs before running a very good race in 3rd at Perth last time out.
    That run may have been a fluke or it could be that the 6 year old is getting better and liked the good ground,whatever the reason I am having a little ew on the horse today and I am hoping he will drift in the betting from 7/1-8/1 available in the hunter chase at 4 45 Cartmel.

Given that irish 3 year old and maiden hurdle form is generally a lot stronger than UK form at a modest level, Ciao Cielo in the first at Cartmel must be a very solid bet.

A winner of 3 on the flat,Ciao Cielo divided the fav and 2nd fav last time out.
    The fav went on to win next time and the 3rd was 2nd of 18 on his next run.

This is very strong form and I backed it at 5/4 and expect it to win,the 2nd fav was modest enough on the flat over 7f and a mile and has his first run over hurdles today,if with a lesser trainer he would not be as short and it will be a shock to me if he is good enough to beat the irish raider.

Havana Jack was tailed off in 4 previous runs before running a very good race in 3rd at Perth last time out.
    That run may have been a fluke or it could be that the 6 year old is getting better and liked the good ground,whatever the reason I am having a little ew on the horse today and I am hoping he will drift in the betting from 7/1-8/1 available in the hunter chase at 4 45 Cartmel.

It will be interesting to see if Rocco's Delight takes to hurdles, as it switches from flat as you say, not much between them in the betting

It will be interesting to see if Rocco's Delight takes to hurdles, as it switches from flat as you say, not much between them in the betting

Yes indeed,but the experience,the fairly strong form suggests the fav should win.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    13/8 with PP

turned out nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Good ground is great for front runner, hard to close a huge gap that Tonto opened up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement