Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I quite like ALYAA in the 15:30 Leicester. 12-1
    speedy and won over 7f in Feb. Was leading until the final furlong at newbury last month but then the extra (8th) furlong was too much and finished 4th, so I think it will like this shorter race

also guy fawkes at redcar 3:50 is 6-1 and i will have a little flutter on it. Speed rating is 77 and should go well on turf

this morning guy fawkes has tumbled and is now second fave, hopefully a good sign

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Backed two today, Double Speak 6oc Ballinrobe can win again for Andrew Mcnamara and Ever so Much can win the 5 10 for Ben Haslam at Tow,a winner over fences last time reverts to hurdles today off more or less the same rating and has a very good chance of following up.

I looked at Franciscan in this who is now 27 lbs lower than his previous win and if his trainer ever gets him back to anything like his previous best he is a certainty,but in his current form he is impossible to back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Also went with ever so much in the last at towcester . Chanced draycot place in the 8:30 in balinrobe but taking a bit of a chance really . Unproven over the distance

Mrs brubidge in the 4:40 looks intresting . Only runner for in form neill mulholland 0-7 though over timber

Leicester's card has been ABANDONED after a horse slipped up soon after crossing the line in the second race.

I quite like ALYAA in the 15:30 Leicester. 12-1
    speedy and won over 7f in Feb. Was leading until the final furlong at newbury last month but then the extra (8th) furlong was too much and finished 4th, so I think it will like this shorter race

also guy fawkes at redcar 3:50 is 6-1 and i will have a little flutter on it. Speed rating is 77 and should go well on turf

this morning guy fawkes has tumbled and is now second fave, hopefully a good sign

Guy Fawkes.....Happy days, hope some of you got on! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Backed two today, Double Speak 6oc Ballinrobe can win again for Andrew Mcnamara and Ever so Much can win the 5 10 for Ben Haslam at Tow,a winner over fences last time reverts to hurdles today off more or less the same rating and has a very good chance of following up.

I looked at Franciscan in this who is now 27 lbs lower than his previous win and if his trainer ever gets him back to anything like his previous best he is a certainty,but in his current form he is impossible to back.

You absolutely beautiful money making machine! !!!

Ever so Much travelled well throughout and stayed on well,had a good bet at 7/2 and though there may be a bit of a rule 4 I'm happy.

Ever so Much travelled well throughout and stayed on well,had a good bet at 7/2 and though there may be a bit of a rule 4 I'm happy.

did double speak fall? I had faller insurance and the bet hasnt been settlled yet

did double speak fall? I had faller insurance and the bet hasnt been settlled yet
    Sadly for you no,tried to make all and dropped away tamely jumped a bit sticky and either had an off day or is not as good as I thought,whatever the case I will not be backing it again.
    I am just glad my main bet won to ensure a profit again today though it would have been nice to get the other one up.
    My only consolation is I would not have got the winner and I thought the race was between the first 2 in the betting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

there was a Stewards inquiry but did not involve DS

• Advertisement

i dont think there was a rule 4 , not in the paddy power results page on there website anyway

Ripon 7:30 pm Shanghai Glory. 6-1 (will tumble tomorrow)
    speed ratin g92, 10 more than the current fave.

really like this one and stands a good chance

also King Cole in the earlier 7:10, 5-1....another speed merchant who just missed out last time

i dont think there was a rule 4 , not in the paddy power results page on there website anyway

That will be good news 7/2 some price if that the case.

Ripon 7:30 pm Shanghai Glory. 6-1 (will tumble tomorrow)
    speed ratin g92, 10 more than the current fave.

really like this one and stands a good chance

also King Cole in the earlier 7:10, 5-1....another speed merchant who just missed out last time

sigh, Shanghai glory now a non runner :(

That will be good news 7/2 some price if that the case.

I got hit for some rule 4 , backed at 3-1 and paid out 5/2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

After not been around yesterday and is always the way I missed a horse I've been watching since ptp days Carrig Cathal .Today is a day to keep a very close eye on Moonmeister.I was speaking to the owner John Davison before he was withdrawn lto and two things were mentioned Good ground/Galway.He has his ground today but will he be allowed to show his hand if Galway is on the agenda.This anomaly (Galway) has to be a factor from now until Galway especially with Weld maidens.

Got hit wit the same rule 4 aswell , it never said anything on the results page however,

Today i have backed first luetinent (7/2 this morning) in the 6:20 at punchestown along with jessica harringtons moone dancer (5/2) in the last both should be there or there abouts i personaly expect one of the two to win

Intresting runner in the 7: 20 for andrew fleming "asangy" , a french horse that won several times on the flat over there. I didnt back him but intreating to see how he runs tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 36,154 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

My Escapade 14-1 4.50 ew

Consistent but not off the mark as of yet, I think today it has another chance.
    Dropped back into a grade 5 here in what looks a weak field of . I like a lil ew

Hamilton 2pm Merry Banter has almost double the speed rating of the next best, but again price is crap

3:10 Lingfield. Make Music. Not a great price but expected to break its maiden, 7 runs 4 places, just missed out by a head last race, 74 is the best speed rating of the runners. I might even go phoenix beat 2nd forecast

singles and doubles

also 6:10 Kempton Muntahaa...another evens NAP!

Elusive in paris 8:20 At fairyhouse . Also going to chance broughtons fancy in the 2:40 @lingfield , back to the drawing board after too bad calls yesterday

• Advertisement

3:10 Lingfield. Make Music. Not a great price but expected to break its maiden, 7 runs 4 places, just missed out by a head last race, 74 is the best speed rating of the runners. I might even go phoenix beat 2nd forecast

also 6:10 Kempton Muntahaa...another evens NAP!

well that turned out well, I did indeed have tenner on 1st and 2nd!:D:D:D

hope some of you backed the winner ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

singles on elusive paris and mrs crick (7.30ffos)

bigger stake on this double at 17/10 pp, doesnt seem like a lot to ask

FAIRYHOUSE 20:20 APPRENTICE HANDICAP 1m 2f
    02-06-2016 20:20
    Place Only 4 Places
    Elusive In Paris @ 1/2
    HAMILTON 17:00 HANDICAP 1m 5f 15y
    02-06-2016 17:00
    Place Only 3 Places
    San Quentin @ 4/5

Backed just one today. Jodies Jem has won over cd,is high enough in the weights but has run well here before and has a bit of a chance off this mark in the 8 10 at Kempton.

By no means a standout bet at 13/2 but has a squeak and I have €25 ew on and a drift to 8s would not surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Blairmayne 7.50 is reportedly working well at home , has a poor draw but might be an each way play

mailburner wrote: »

Place Only 4 Places
    Elusive In Paris @ 1/2
    Place Only 3 Places
    San Quentin @ 4/5

cheers, followed you in there on mrs crick

razorhead wrote: »
    Blairmayne 7.50 is reportedly working well at home , has a poor draw but might be an each way play

won well

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »

Place Only 4 Places
    Elusive In Paris @ 1/2
    Place Only 3 Places
    San Quentin @ 4/5

that 4/5 on san quentin was huge for three places, i'd have been a bitter man
    had elusive not obliged
    main bet cruises in
    anyone who seen the san quentin race will know how unlucky this was also, winner traded at 999/1
    at least it ran first and not last

8vzogn.jpg

7:30 Bath Sweet dragon Fly 3-1

Took a photo finish to separate this from the winner Ian Fleming so a really good chance this time I reckon

I think this one will just have the beating of Sirajiah .

might do a 1-2 again

going to go for custom cut e/w in the 3:10 later today seems a deacent each way option ignoreing his run out in lepoardstown last time out, he was'nt that far of todays fav this time last year and off a lower mark today

in the oaks i went for outsider diamonds per moi e/w , in form jockey oisin murphy seems very bullish about her chances here and the each way seems bigger then the risk of backing minding at such a short price

i dont envy anyone backing short priced horses at epsom today , looks tough

• Advertisement

The One Thousand Gns today is being run on rain-softened ground which will have a bearing on the result.

Minding is pretty skinny and is not even sure to get the trip so I looked elsewhere for a bet.

Aiden OBrien often wins with the outsider it may pay to back Somehow today,the filly won at Chester (a turning track) last time but it was her previous run against Shamreen at Leopardstown that caught my eye.Shamreen has come out and won her next two races and Dermot Weld who trains the filly, has her in 3 group races at Royal Ascot.

The ground was soft to heavy when she won at Leopardstown and she will be well suited to the ground today,the filly seemed to run green when she won at Chester and there may be some improvement to come,if that turns out to be the case she will take all the beating today and I took the 8/1 available.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement