Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

War Decree is fancied in the first at Leopardstown (18.05)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Pink Ribbon 6/1 6.20 Goodwood.Very difficult track for amatures but my fancy has the best of These on board.Spray Tan 11/1 6pm Bath jockey/trainer combo great strike rate.Knights Templar 9/1 7.05 Leo NAP.Well treated on fast ground perfect combo.Melvin The Grate 8/1 3.45 Epsom.Needs to start on terms but nothing will be finishing better serious player.Did my first Yankee in years@€10.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

arod 11/4 3.45ep

bigger bet on two places 10/11 hills
    be amazed if out of the first two but should win if repeating last years run in this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

mailburner wrote: »
    arod 11/4 3.45ep

bigger bet on two places 10/11 hills
    be amazed if out of the first two but should win if repeating last years run in this

arod was withdrawn in the last race ruining my each way place for custom cut :rolleyes: i didnt see what happend though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

arod was withdrawn in the last race ruining my each way place for custom cut :rolleyes: i didnt see what happend though

came third by a neck, Tullius won it, then decorated knight, all very close
    I thought CC was going to win, sprinting clear for home, but the others reeled him in ...just..so so close

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I backed Haalick at 13/8 earlier today,Haalick ran in race earlier this that has thrown up a lot of winners and I was in PP shop early today when I saw they were enhancing the price to 2/1 so I had to back it again.

I really think a lot of this horse and I just hope Powers do not know something.

Runs 5 15 Epsom

came third by a neck, Tullius won it, then decorated knight, all very close
    I thought CC was going to win, sprinting clear for home, but the others reeled him in ...just..so so close

watched it back on the channel 4 +1 it was very close in the end

done an e/w lucky 15 for the evening races 1 up as it is the ones i am waiting on are

victors bet 6:20
    cockatoo island 6:35
    duchesofflorance 7:05

i highly doubt it will win as a 4 timer, most horses not without there chance , it was examiner that won the first leg , i would be happy with a win and a place out of the remaining 3

Just went in with a bet for Minding.

sting60 wrote: »

well done , you are a braver man then me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Bad start , hampered and still won

Say you were nervous for a bit though !

• Advertisement

me too, what a horse!

i was VERY nervous, had a big bet on it!

me too, what a horse!

i was VERY nervous, had a big bet on it!
    Had a bet my biggest in the Oaks since Lush Lashes only 10/11 to my bet.How good was she to do what she did she is a (snarling pit bull)Never ever in your betting back a filly out of an Oaks winner.

The One Thousand Gns today is being run on rain-softened ground which will have a bearing on the result.

Minding is pretty skinny and is not even sure to get the trip so I looked elsewhere for a bet.

Aiden OBrien often wins with the outsider it may pay to back Somehow today,the filly won at Chester (a turning track) last time but it was her previous run against Shamreen at Leopardstown that caught my eye.Shamreen has come out and won her next two races and Dermot Weld who trains the filly, has her in 3 group races at Royal Ascot.

The ground was soft to heavy when she won at Leopardstown and she will be well suited to the ground today,the filly seemed to run green when she won at Chester and there may be some improvement to come,if that turns out to be the case she will take all the beating today and I took the 8/1 available.

Minding showed the bang on the head did really cost her the Gns showed a great turn of foot today to come from a poor position and won like a really good filly.

Another dreadful run for Haalick,without doubt the best horse and never had a chance to win the race,its a jokeshop of a ride he got.

razorhead wrote: »
    War Decree is fancied in the first at Leopardstown (18.05)

nice, thanks!

Pink Ribbon 6/1 6.20 Goodwood.Very difficult track for amatures but my fancy has the best of These on board.Spray Tan 11/1 6pm Bath jockey/trainer combo great strike rate.Knights Templar 9/1 7.05 Leo NAP.Well treated on fast ground perfect combo.Melvin The Grate 8/1 3.45 Epsom.Needs to start on terms but nothing will be finishing better serious player.Did my first Yankee in years@€10.

followed you on Pink Ribbon, fantastic! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I am giving both these a shot as singles

Whizzzey Rascal 13/2 (Tramore 19:45)
    Kassia 9/2 (Goodwood 19:50)

Small double too, but just one winner would be fine with me.

7:30 Bath Sweet dragon Fly 3-1

Took a photo finish to separate this from the winner Ian Fleming so a really good chance this time I reckon

I think this one will just have the beating of Sirajiah .

might do a 1-2 again

and the NAP goes in easily...hope some of you got on, I went in 4 times!

some great tipping on here today, thanks lads

Would anyone back a horse in a group 3 who had only won once,a maiden over 5 furlongs in Dundalk? Well I have just put €25 ew on Diamond Fields in the 6oc at the Curragh even though she is the lowest rated horse in the field.

The last time she ran was in a listed race at Navan when she went off at 16/1 which was no surprise as she was rated 24 lbs behind the winner,Washington DC,15 lbs behind the 3rd,Only Mine and 18 lbs behind the 4th Most Beautiful.

Diamond Fields ran 2nd in that race and finished very well,was it a fluke? I don't think so,i believe the good ground had more to do with it and with good fast ground at the Curragh Diamond Fields officially the lowest rated horse in the race can cause an upset.

Only Mine is fav with some firms and Most Beautiful is 7 or 8/1 and Diamond Fields is 12/1.
    Diamond Fields was beaten 1 1/2 lengths by Only Mine when they met last year on good ground in Cork and now 3lbs better off and I am convinced she beat Only Mine fair and square last time and the fact that Stack now puts her into a group 3 suggests that he also thinks she can win.

Prince of Arran ran well in a Newbury handicap last time and this course winner can be backed at 12/1 for the 2 0c at Epsom and has a very good chance.

Engai was tipped by me when winning last time at WOL and is still well handicapped on old form,the pilot is not the best amateur in the world but she is ok and knows the horse well and claims 7 lbs.

I think I put this up as a "good thing" last time and is only a few lbs higher now and if not getting into trouble (no easy task in this amateur race) can win again at around 11/2-6/1 and is worth a reasonable bet in the 5 45 at Lingfield.This is probably the days best bet for me ew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

.14:05 Gurkha Brave 11/2
    15:30 Gustave Mahler 11/4

The Derby is a lottery and my guesses are

Moonlight Magic, Wings of desire and Cloth of stars. Sky bet paying 5 places and these are all high prices, so worth a punt, just not going mad.

wings of desire probably bigger bet on that

gone for wings of desire in the derby , but as said it really is a lottery still a good each way price though

others i backed to day are the mouse doctor tonight at the curragh @ 7:00 has been placed well in recent weeks

also fancy simple verse e/w @ 3:10 epsom

• Registered Users Posts: 36,154 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I like Port Douglas 20-1 in Derby. Went head to head with US Army Ranger last time out, fought it out to the line. That race was also over this 1m 4f trip so it will stay. Its 4lbs better off today and should be close again.
    with 4 to place its a good ew bet

Balls Deep on Cloth of stars today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Wings of Desire 16:30 Epsom @5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Balls Deep on Cloth of stars today

Followed you in

Prince of Arran ran well in a Newbury handicap last time and this course winner can be backed at 12/1 for the 2 0c at Epsom and has a very good chance.

Engai was tipped by me when winning last time at WOL and is still well handicapped on old form,the pilot is not the best amateur in the world but she is ok and knows the horse well and claims 7 lbs.

I think I put this up as a "good thing" last time and is only a few lbs higher now and if not getting into trouble (no easy task in this amateur race) can win again at around 11/2-6/1 and is worth a reasonable bet in the 5 45 at Lingfield.This is probably the days best bet for me ew.

Invested a good few hundred today and did not back a winner,still finished all square thanks to the big sp (10/1) of Engai and my ew bet on Idaho.
    Engai was drawn 12 missed the break and was way out the back early on before running on strongly to finish 2nd won't go up for this and will win again.

Man I got Stuffed today , not only had a very large bet on Cloth of the stars but actually laid the bloody winner as well , royally bent over today , a good run over the last few weeks truly brought to a screaming halt this weekend .

• Advertisement

Man I got Stuffed today , not only had a very large bet on Cloth of the stars but actually laid the bloody winner as well , royally bent over today , a good run over the last few weeks truly brought to a screaming halt this weekend .

today in fairness was one of the hardest i have seen since cheltenham , i got out of jail by the skin of my teeth with a large each way bet on wings of desire , had there been 15 runners and i would be in the same boat as yourself ,best thing to do (as i am going to do ) is take a break tomorrow and back to the normal routine on monday , today was not a normal day by any measure of means

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement