Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Would anyone back a horse in a group 3 who had only won once,a maiden over 5 furlongs in Dundalk? Well I have just put €25 ew on Diamond Fields in the 6oc at the Curragh even though she is the lowest rated horse in the field.

The last time she ran was in a listed race at Navan when she went off at 16/1 which was no surprise as she was rated 24 lbs behind the winner,Washington DC,15 lbs behind the 3rd,Only Mine and 18 lbs behind the 4th Most Beautiful.

Diamond Fields ran 2nd in that race and finished very well,was it a fluke? I don't think so,i believe the good ground had more to do with it and with good fast ground at the Curragh Diamond Fields officially the lowest rated horse in the race can cause an upset.

Only Mine is fav with some firms and Most Beautiful is 7 or 8/1 and Diamond Fields is 12/1.
    Diamond Fields was beaten 1 1/2 lengths by Only Mine when they met last year on good ground in Cork and now 3lbs better off and I am convinced she beat Only Mine fair and square last time and the fact that Stack now puts her into a group 3 suggests that he also thinks she can win.

The story of yesterday,finished 4th at 16/1 running on well at the finish,may be its a hard ride though as Lordan had to scrub away a long way out before she decided to run on well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Choral Festival 14:20 Goodwood @10/3

Beautiful Ben 3 20 Listowel was fancied last time out and ran well enough,Dennis Hogan's horses are running well and I will not be surprised to see money for this one tomorrow and I have had a few quid ew at 14s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Guys, try to get on My Lord in the 6.30 at Windsor tomorrow as soon as you can. He is 9/4 at present but should, justifiably go off much lower. Very consistent last few outings and whilst far from a world beater, should be one to beat in a very average field.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭minibear

Guys, try to get on My Lord in the 6.30 at Windsor tomorrow as soon as you can. He is 9/4 at present but should, justifiably go off much lower. Very consistent last few outings and whilst far from a world beater, should be one to beat in a very average field.

Just looking through tomorrow's racing and I have him in an accum and Lucky 31 with

Millefiori (Ayr 3.30)
    Surewecan (Ayr 4)
    My Lord (Windsor 6.30)
    Oasis Spear (Windsor 7)
    Baadi (Windsor 7.30)

Just deciding on single stakes now. good luck!:)

• Advertisement

Michael Hourigan does not get many winners these times but Dawerann has a good chance in the 3 50 Listowel,running well at the moment and worth a bet at 12/1 or better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Michael Hourigan does not get many winners these times but Dawerann has a good chance in the 3 50 Listowel,running well at the moment and worth a bet at 12/1 or better.

I'm for Your Busy in that one, well handicapped and 50% win rate over CD.
    Ah Little luck is seeking a hat-trick and Vote of confidence is the other danger, I think it will be a major upset if none of those 3 win but good luck

Eastern Dragon 4pm Ayr, just beaten by ice slice, main competitor is Mark Johnstons Surewecan, be surprised if these 2 dont finish 1 and 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Eastern Dragon 4pm Ayr, just beaten by ice slice, main competitor is Mark Johnstons Surewecan, be surprised if these 2 dont finish 1 and 2

Opted for Surewecan, though finishing behind ice slice at the minute is good form!

Was going to back ice slice last week at 7 or 8/1, won plenty from it but thought it might not go in again... Oops!

Peachey Carnehan 2:15 Brighton, SDS on board, gains 5lb form King of Castilla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,154 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

16-1, 14-1 ,10-1, 4-1, 6-1 winners last few days and still I made nothing.

Favourite treat 14-1 in 4.00 is one I like here
    Has good times over this distance on this ground.
    Should place at least.

Roman Legion 5-1 2.15
    Started badly on first start but ran on really well. This longer trip will suit and should go close.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Beautiful Ben 3 20 Listowel was fancied last time out and ran well enough,Dennis Hogan's horses are running well and I will not be surprised to see money for this one tomorrow and I have had a few quid ew at 14s.

Non runner.

petes wrote: »
    Opted for Surewecan, though finishing behind ice slice at the minute is good form!

Was going to back ice slice last week at 7 or 8/1, won plenty from it but thought it might not go in again... Oops!

both beaten, but place money

16-1, 14-1 ,10-1, 4-1, 6-1 winners last few days and still I made nothing.

Favourite treat 14-1 in 4.00 is one I like here
    Has good times over this distance on this ground.
    Should place at least.

Roman Legion 5-1 2.15
    Started badly on first start but ran on really well. This longer trip will suit and should go close.

well in on favourite treat! lovely winner..wish i had followed! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

a number of short priced favorites at windsor tonight , not a massive fan of backing short , but i reckon the main challengers have been withdrawn for oasis spear to win in the 7:00 also fancy silken skies in the last race at a slightly better price

oasis spear 7:00

silken skies 9:00

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Good call. Great price really considering the fav last night was a NR.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Question - Can the price a result is settled at minus the rule 4 deduction be less than the SP?

i.e. if a horse is backed at 11/4. A few non-runners are withdrawn, the horse SP's at 2/1, can you be paid out at less than 2/1?

robbiezero wrote: »
    Question - Can the price a result is settled at minus the rule 4 deduction be less than the SP?

i.e. if a horse is backed at 11/4. A few non-runners are withdrawn, the horse SP's at 2/1, can you be paid out at less than 2/1?

yeah the annoying part of a rule 4 is it is not subtracted from the sp but after the race its self against your winnings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

robbiezero wrote: »
    Good call. Great price really considering the fav last night was a NR.

Nice one. No, my Lord was 9/4 fav last night. Went into 7/4 this morning and then surprisingly drifted. I went into bookies just to watch it with no plan to bet anything more as I expected him to be 5/4 or even less by then and he was 9/4 and PP gave enhanced 5/2. So i doubled up on bet last night.
    Never really looked like he wouldnt win tbh.
    Hes nothing special but you can only beat what your put up against and it was not a pretty field!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,154 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Cautious Optimism 12-1 8.30
    One run this year at end of April, should be up to speed now. So consistent in its 6 runs last year. finished 6 lengths ahead of Papa Luigi over this trip last Sep. Good draw here. I have a lil ew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

a number of short priced favorites at windsor tonight , not a massive fan of backing short , but i reckon the main challengers have been withdrawn for oasis spear to win in the 7:00 also fancy silken skies in the last race at a slightly better price

oasis spear 7:00

silken skies 9:00

ooh Very close to a great double

Some nice winners posted yesterday,though my outsider trailed in last!-hope to do better today and Saumur 7 50 Lingfield looks a good bet around 5/1.

She needed all of the 1 mile 3 and a half furlongs when getting up on the line at this course in an ordinary enough class 4 handicap.

Today's race is confined to fillies and the extra half furlong will help Saumur and she is worth a decent ew bet in the 8 horse field.

ooh Very close to a great double

3rd time this week I put something up on here and it gets beaten on the line......

gone a bit braver today with gold trade e/w
    in the second at sailsbury. to try and over turn an odds on favourite .

also gone for sacred harp in the 3:45 gone each way again but think this has a real chance . in my opinion oisin Murphys best chance to go in today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Short enough at 5-2 but really like Alberts Head in the first at Fontwell
    Racing of the same mark he won at last week in Huntingdon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

On it myself and was on it last week, If Jacob can get his slightly smoother he should win easily IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭minibear

very unlucky with that slip.

Hab Reh looks to have a bit to do in the 6 15 at Hamilton to beat the hot fav Giant Spark who is ridden by top amateur S Walker.
    However Hab Reh's trainer seems to target this race and Hab Reh has won it off this mark and higher and having bounced back to form last time can give the fav a bit to do with Serena Brotherton in the saddle.

5/1 or better means Hab Reh is an ew choice for me.

Hab Reh looks to have a bit to do in the 6 15 at Hamilton to beat the hot fav Giant Spark who is ridden by top amateur S Walker.
    However Hab Reh's trainer seems to target this race and Hab Reh has won it off this mark and higher and having bounced back to form last time can give the fav a bit to do with Serena Brotherton in the saddle.

5/1 or better means Hab Reh is an ew choice for me.

I cant see past Giant Spark winning it, i watched as he destroyed a similar field last time, most impressive. He is up 6lb but then Hab Reh is up 4
    But I will have a small bet w/o Giant spark as he stands a good chance of runner up

October Storm 3:10 Haydock channon/SDS combo...11/4

also Blairmayne

2:35 Fairyhouse 4-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Yorkindred Spirit 16:00 Beverley @7/2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement