Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

two main bets today are on carravggio and awtaad . I know they are not the biggest priced but expect another big run from awtaad and carravggio looks like one of o briens best horses at the meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 36,155 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Jungle Cat and take cover in 3.40
    Lil ew on both

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

At last,Royal Ascot.Fantastic racing as long as we remember we cannot back all the the winners and soft ground means there may well be a few shocks. I am backing 3 tomorrow and I will be moving around as Lads are giving money back 2nd and 3rd (as a free bet €25 limit but easily got round by visiting a few offices or getting a mate to put on the bet) on all Ascot races if the fav wins and PP is giving the same deal if finishing 2nd.

GALILEO GOLD,winner of the 2,000 gns at Newmarket takes on the winners of the Irish and French gns and is the longest priced of th 3.He appeared to be beaten fair and square by AWTAAD in the Curragh but he got caught in a pocket and Ascot will suit him better.

Aidan OBriens THE GURKHA was impressive when winning in France but did not beat much and can be taken on and is little value at the price.

I will be visiting some Ladbroke shops in the morning backing GALILEO GOLD as long as the ground is no worse than soft and with Frankie on board this is a real value bet.

BELARDO in the 2 30 is my 2nd bet,trained by Roger Varian he will love the ground and has been laid out for this.

My 3rd bet is PIQUE SOUS who had his first run in 2 years when having a blowout for this at the Curragh over a mile and a half a few weeks ago,ridden by Ryan Moore then who also rides tomorrow this looks like a real"job" by Mullins.
    This horse won over 2 miles 5 here in 2014 and it looks to me like this was planned for some time and Mullins knows how to get one ready and I doubt if Moore who probably could have ridden 10 or more of the runners would be getting up on this unless he knew it was the biz.

well in, lovely ride unlike the fave who I think left it too late.

Love the salute at the end of well.
    Thanks for posting otherwise I would have gone for the fave!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Shocker from Moore. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Small ew on sunblazer and moscato with sous pique to win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Young Whelan stole a march on a lot of senior jockeys who probably thought Jennies Jewell would come back .
    Ryan Moore was hampered on Pique Sous and had the horse too far back,it stayed on fairly well but never had a chance
    I cant complain,money back on Belardo, who ran very well,won a monkey on Galileo Gold and lost 50 on PiQUE SOUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Well savannahs dream out to 100/1 now!!! Go for it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

racso1975 wrote: »
    Well savannahs dream out to 100/1 now!!! Go for it!!!

Have €5 e/w for fun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Have €5 e/w for fun

Well done!

Thank you Zimmer :D

• Advertisement

Thank you Zimmer :D

Ha ha what a touch,i wound up having €16 ew on,a tenner ew on earlier and 6 ew when she went to 100/1,there is a story attached to the horses last run which I cannot repeat here and I was informed that the filly would run well today.However it was difficult for me to have anymore on so I am just happy to get nearly 300 profit for a small stake.

Tancred 12-1 7.50
    Ran a decent race 2 back over this trip when heal up at rear of a field of 11 to run on into 2nd .This smaller field will be tightly grouped and it should run clear to victory.

Backed to win with only 2 places.

Day 2 of Ascot and will be happy if its half as good as today.

HAALICK 2 30 has a chance in this,he has not enjoyed the best of luck in running but can feature here at around 14/1 smallish stakes ew.
    USHERETTS is all the rage in the 3 40 and has very good form and in all probability will win,however his price is a bit skinny and with all the offers of money back if 2nd or 3rd to the fav I am having a reasonable bet on DEVONSHIRE,trained by Willie McCreery has been placed in plenty of group races and won a group 2 last time.His trainer is under-rated and this one could go off at 12 or 14/1.

My 3rd bet is ANAMBA in the 5 35,very lightly raced was 2nd to COOLMORE in a group 3 last year and came out and won a listed race this year in good style and could be an improving filly and could be worth a few quid ew at around 10-11/1

I had a look at the Royal Hunt Cup at 5 oc and while a 30 runner handicap is a difficult puzzle to solve I picked out a few that I will put into a placepot perm.
    CARRY ON DERRYCK,PORTAGE,SECRET BRIEF, (my main fancy) I was not sure if I should include BASEM as no horse carrying more than 9 stone 5 has ever won,but the fact that the very strong Jimmy Fortune rides made me include him. Fortune always rode a horse who fell in this last year when looking like he might win, I have no idea why he is not on SPARK PLUG tomorrow and that is why I included BASEM.SPARK PLUG has not been given a hard time this year, he loves big field handicaps a little ew at 33s might give a return.

Ibn Malik 11-1 in 2.40 for me.
    Win bet although its 11-1.

ONly 5 runs to date. Winning 2, 3 places. Came second to Galileo Gold, Emotionless, And Gifted Master , 3 who have gone on to win major races.
    I think it can win here, and beat Gifted Master over this 7f trip.
    Won easily on its return this year.

Blond me 14-1 3.40
    Seemed to have progressed from last year, winning impressively on its comeback this year.
    Could be more to come. I like its ew value

lil ew for me.

For those with any money left at 8.10 GENTLEMEN is worth a bet at Chelmsford.

I made good money on this one and I tipped it here about 3 times when it won at nice prices.

On its highest mark tonight but if ready after 42 days off can win again,not the easiest of rides and did plant himself in the stalls a couple of runs ago (those with the time could be at the counter with the slip written and make sure he breaks) and nearly always comes out last.

Always ridden nowdays by the smart Josepehine Gordon who knows how to ride Chelmsford better than most,there is a very sharp bend at the 2 furlong marker and the field always slow a little and come wide.At that point Josepehine pushes GENTLEMEN through the gap on the rails and seems to save a lot of ground and go on to win.

She has done this 4 times at Chelmsford on Gentlemen winning 3 times and going down a sh hd on the 4th occasion,this tactic seems to maintain momentum and give her mounts an decisive advantage,just watch the Gentlemen repays to see what I am talking about.
    At around 6/1 in an 8 horse race this is a solid ew bet for me.

I finalised my bets for today and played up some of yesterdays winnings.

Devonshire 11/1 3 40 Secret Brief 5 oc,Diamond Fields 33/1 5 35,Haalick 14/1 2 30 (small bet) all at Ascot Gentlemens 5/1 8 10 Chelmsford all ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

gone for lady auerlia in the 3:05 and always smile e/w in the 3:40 . the ground drying will be a positive for both i think too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

According to Harry 15:30 Uttoxeter @11/4

votecounts wrote: »
    According to Harry 15:30 Uttoxeter @11/4

Have €20 on him at 5/2

• Advertisement

gone for lady auerlia in the 3:05 and always smile e/w in the 3:40 . the ground drying will be a positive for both i think too

some race by the lady...went in several times! :D

I finalised my bets for today and played up some of yesterdays winnings.

Devonshire 11/1 3 40 Secret Brief 5 oc,Diamond Fields 33/1 5 35,Haalick 14/1 2 30 (small bet) all at Ascot Gentlemens 5/1 8 10 Chelmsford all ew.

2ND Unlucky not to win, leader just got too much of a break on him.
    I followed you on that. BOOM!

GENTLEMENS WINS 8.10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

You backing Abe Lincoln Tomorrow Zimmer?

sdoc13 wrote: »
    You backing Abe Lincoln Tomorrow Zimmer?
    was going to have a big bet but the ground is the worry,for all that he has a stone in hand on my ratings and the horses seem to be getting through the ground well.I am only just home and will look at things and post my thoughts before morning.

It is not as I would have liked the ground for Abe Lincoln but as Noseda is letting him take his chance I have taken the 18s available with PP 6 places for€20 ew I will see how the ground is during racing before going in again and listen to the morning line as to the state of the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

griraz 250/1 :eek: skybet ascot 16:20 5 places 14 runs 5 wins 2 places over 400 days since last win worth a punt for the craic :D:D:D:D:D

For those with any money left at 8.10 GENTLEMEN is worth a bet at Chelmsford.

I made good money on this one and I tipped it here about 3 times when it won at nice prices.

On its highest mark tonight but if ready after 42 days off can win again,not the easiest of rides and did plant himself in the stalls a couple of runs ago (those with the time could be at the counter with the slip written and make sure he breaks) and nearly always comes out last.

Always ridden nowdays by the smart Josepehine Gordon who knows how to ride Chelmsford better than most,there is a very sharp bend at the 2 furlong marker and the field always slow a little and come wide.At that point Josepehine pushes GENTLEMEN through the gap on the rails and seems to save a lot of ground and go on to win.

She has done this 4 times at Chelmsford on Gentlemen winning 3 times and going down a sh hd on the 4th occasion,this tactic seems to maintain momentum and give her mounts an decisive advantage,just watch the Gentlemen repays to see what I am talking about.
    At around 6/1 in an 8 horse race this is a solid ew bet for me.

Josephine is some jockey with a 5 lb claim,smarter than most around Chelmsford and her winning meant another winning day for me.

ORDER OF ST GEORGE is 10/11 for the Gold Cup at 4 20 on thur,the horse has won I group1 race (Irish st Leger) over 1 mile 6 at the Curragh last year against ordinary enough opposition.
    That was the only group race the horse won and now he is worse than evens for a race that is 6 furlongs further on soft ground,it is no wonder there are rich bookies.

The horse may turn out to a world beater at this trip but there is no evidence as of yet and his price is totally ridiculous. There is a horse in the race that has won the Prix du Cadran which is the French Gold Cup and run over the same distance as the Ascot Gold Cup 2 miles 4 furlongs last year.He did nothing wrong since and had a nice pipe opener for this 7 weeks ago.

MILLE ET MILLE is the horses name and I backed it a few minutes ago at 40/1 with PP.
    A small ew bet may pay dividends,two of those he beat in France,FUN MAC and KICKY BLUE also run so their trainers must feel they have some sort of chance.

MILLE ET MILLE made all when winning the Prix du CADRAN in France and never saw another rival and similar tactics may find out a few non-stayers in Ascot.

HAWKBILL has beaten the fav ABDON last time and has a good chance of doing so again today,ew bet and looks likely to be in the first 3 so money back offers very attractive.2 30 Ascot.

Small ew on THE BLACK PRINCESS who was 2nd to Skiffle last time 14/1 is too big and the filly has an ew chance in a race where a few are stepping up in distance.
    MILLE ET MILLE already written up40/1 gold cup 4 20

Still thinking and waiting re ABE LINCOLN in the 5 oc but have a score ew at 18s 6 places PP.

The 5 35 is all about improvers and I probably will swerve it as very little to go on and most have not gone over 1 and a half miles before today.A race best left alone,if I had to throw a few quid on something GUY FAWKES could be explosive!! (couldn't resist that) good luck to all.

Josephine is some jockey with a 5 lb claim,smarter than most around Chelmsford and her winning meant another winning day for me.

ahhhhh, forgot to back it! :eek:

good tipping zimmer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Abdon 15:05 Ascot @7/2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement