Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Not a good day today Bolgers totally useless only fit for the glue factory,Lusterous may still have needed the run and I will keep an eye on her,she does not have to make the running and I was surprised to see her go off in front,first reverse in 6 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

17:15s
    PERFECT SUMMER
    Odds: 11/8

19:30
    DANDRIDGE
    Odds: 9/4

singles/double
    main bet on perfect summer, appears to have little to beat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Only one punt for me today and at a lowly evens price.... 7:50 Windsor Indulged in a 4 horse race.
    should keep the betting wallet ticking over

• Registered Users Posts: 36,155 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Rafaaf 10-1 8.10
    Very Consistent last year.
    One decent run this year, this is weak field

I like it to win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

mailburner wrote: »
    PERFECT SUMMER

DANDRIDGE

singles/double

Ooot, that was close with PS, well done.

• Advertisement

Kovu wrote: »
    Ooot, that was close with PS, well done.

Was 100% sure that was beaten jumping the last :eek::D

PERFECT SUMMER

DANDRIDGE

singles/double

eek, another one i forgot about! Well done though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Beverly luck15

Relight my fire 5/1 2nd
    isntshesomething 8/1 2nd....last
    deepbluediamond 8/1 Last
    little beltor 7/2 Not going to even bother watching

.10c ew returns 512 if all win

The 6 40 at Leic is a 5 furlong sprint for lady amateurs and as Leic is a very stiff track some of these riders will be more tired than the horses at the finish and it might not be a pleasant sight watching some of these trying to keep their mounts straight on desperate ground.

Ambitous Icarus stays 6 furlongs on heavy at Hamilton,which is stiff enough and should have no difficulty today getting the trip.Now starting to look well handicapped was my ew bet today before the field reduced to 7 so I will have €40 win and that will be my only bet today.

I had
    Two Turtle Doves backed in the 6.40 at 33-1
    Drops back to 5f which it has a decent record on. On bottom weight on this ground should also be a bonus. 4th in this last year, but ground suits it better today.

Backed Icarus now too .

• Advertisement

Would'nt you know the girl who could not get her horse to the start comes home first,the horse I backed never got into the race coming home best at 5/2 when I had 7/2 for my 40,i suppose it is no more than I deserve for getting involved in such a race in the first place.

Dew line for me 8.00 Nass
    Was 25-1
    I expect it will go off at 8-1

Backed it ew

Back into a easier field here. Ran two tough races recently. 4 to place.

The 16.20 at Salisbury is causing me a conundrum:

I like the looks of Bohemian Rapsody who has a good record in soft ground, The trainer has a good enough record at the track the bookies are unsure of the horse as odds range from 10/1 to 22/1 with paddy power being 10's which makes it more likeable to me. However the jockey booking being Fran Berry has given me a slight worry as he has ridden 6 here and never placed or won.:confused::confused::confused:

racso1975 wrote: »
    The 16.20 at Salisbury is causing me a conundrum:

I like the looks of Bohemian Rapsody who has a good record in soft ground, The trainer has a good enough record at the track the bookies are unsure of the horse as odds range from 10/1 to 22/1 with paddy power being 10's which makes it more likeable to me. However the jockey booking being Fran Berry has given me a slight worry as he has ridden 6 here and never placed or won.:confused::confused::confused:

fran berry gave an awful ride last time i saw
    back away and go for the 16:40 carlisle Masterpaver and\or Mistime in the 3:10 salisbury!

Late action for me today.

ASPAR 7 oc Naas and ICE ROYAL 6 50 Kem,these 2 have 11 or 13 consecutive 2nds between them and normally that means they are jadey and shirk the issue.

I think neither of these throw in the towel easily,in ASPARS case he usually beats those he comes to tackle and has lost a few races when something came very late to do him and he normally battles well,maybe holding up very late could be the answer.

Whatever the case I think both have real chances tonight and I have had 2 single bets and an ew double.

fran berry gave an awful ride last time i saw
    back away and go for the 16:40 carlisle Masterpaver and\or Mistime in the 3:10 salisbury!

Thought mistime might have got 1st after stewards enquiry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

ASPAR 7 oc Naas and ICE ROYAL 6 50 Kem,these 2 have 11 or 13 consecutive 2nds between them and normally that means they are jadey and shirk the issue.

I think neither of these throw in the towel easily,in ASPARS case he usually beats those he comes to tackle and has lost a few races when something came very late to do him and he normally battles well,maybe holding up very late could be the answer.

Whatever the case I think both have real chances tonight and I have had 2 single bets and an ew double.

Thanks Zimmermania . Aspar wins

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Dew line for me 8.00 Nass
    Was 25-1
    I expect it will go off at 8-1

Backed it ew

Back into a easier field here. Ran two tough races recently. 4 to place.

Money certainly came - someone forgot to tell the horse!

cheers zimmer , have aspar in a double with evie be kool in the 9pm

Aspar does it well,came later tonight as I hoped he might and main bet landed.

Ice Royal missed the break and was always in trouble after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Framley Garth 17:30 Nottingham @7/2

ALFRED HUTCHINSON must have a good chance in the 4 oc at Newcastle,has a good turn of foot and ran well last time after a couple of moderate runs.
    Not the strongest of contests today and good value ew at 5/1 to win for David OMeara.

Buckland Beau at 12/1 has a squeak in the 7 15 at Newbury,his trainer,Charlie Fellowes is going places and is in good form and a small ew is advised.

My 3rd bet is LARA CARBONARA 6 OC Hamilton.The irish trained runner would be a solid bet if we were certain the trip would not be too far,has been staying on over 2 furlongs shorter and looks as if the trip will be ok so i put a few quid on at 7/2.

5:35 Newbury Gold hunter hasnt won in 2 years but worth a small punt imo as has run well recently and slipped down the weights.
    Golden wedding could challenge

6:50 Leopardstown Eagle spirit...price dropping like a stone (NAP)

I know how this looks and I can be sucker for these topical tips at times but it might manage a place or better :o
    no surprise there's a few quid around for it with the likes of me around

18:10
    BREXIT (EW)
    (Horse Racing Outright - Race)
    Odds: 12/1

Alfred Hutchinson was tailed off in the mile race at 4 oc,the fav well back also and the fields well strung out in some of the other races and I am wondering if the new aw track at Newcastle will take time to bed in.

I was looking at 2 horses in the Northumberland Plate Sat,ARCH VILLIAN and GABRIEL the HERO but now I am thinking I should give the meeting a miss until we know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I think plough boy can scrape a win 8n the 7:5t tonight

ALFRED HUTCHINSON must have a good chance in the 4 oc at Newcastle,has a good turn of foot and ran well last time after a couple of moderate runs.
    Not the strongest of contests today and good value ew at 5/1 to win for David OMeara.

Buckland Beau at 12/1 has a squeak in the 7 15 at Newbury,his trainer,Charlie Fellowes is going places and is in good form and a small ew is advised.

My 3rd bet is LARA CARBONARA 6 OC Hamilton.The irish trained runner would be a solid bet if we were certain the trip would not be too far,has been staying on over 2 furlongs shorter and looks as if the trip will be ok so i put a few quid on at 7/2.

"Only" backed lara carbonara out of the three :D:D:D
    cheers zimmer, another top tip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

18:10 BREXIT (EW) (Horse Racing Outright - Race) Odds: 12/1

Would have made a nice story, but finished 6th, it made the news though. And was one of the most backed outsiders via RacingPost trending report.

"Only" backed lara carbonara out of the three :D:D:D
    cheers zimmer, another top tip!
    A winner,a loser and a non-runner so another small profit and I am not complaining.

• Advertisement

A winner,a loser and a non-runner so another small profit and I am not complaining.

neither am i fella, thanks and well done!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement