Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Red Cardinal 15:20 Yarmouth @10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

votecounts wrote: »
    Red Cardinal 15:20 Yarmouth @10/11

tough race but I do have a small interest on the same horse

Irish Optimism ..Chester 6.35

lol at the name after the Brexit but I think this stands a real chance. Jock has a record here of 4 wins in 9 and has the advantage of experience against a lot of the others.
    will be doing a good e/w at 13/2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I'm going to chance Amuse Me in the 2.30 at Cartmel. Back in grade and a great record under Johnson. 14-1. Also Altruism in the 4.40, top weight but unbeaten in three starts here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Nice call on amuse me had it ew

• Advertisement

Think cyflmder w/o fav at 8's in 3.10 is a good punt ew

racso1975 wrote: »
    Think cyflmder w/o fav at 8's in 3.10 is a good punt ew

Or not

tough race but I do have a small interest on the same horse

yep no problem in the end :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

4.10 wiffy chatsby 6/4

should be hard to beat with a clear round, looks to me to only have the second fav to beat

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Kovu wrote: »
    I'm going to chance Amuse Me in the 2.30 at Cartmel. Back in grade and a great record under Johnson. 14-1. Also Altruism in the 4.40, top weight but unbeaten in three starts here.

Great run by Altruism. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Dice75 wrote: »
    Great run by Altruism. Well done.

I thought he'd be goosed halfway with the way he went off!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

SHYPEN at 11/4 might be good enough to win the 5 35 from OLYMPIC RUNNER who is 6 lbs better off with SHYPEN who beat him 6 lengths over 6 furlongs last time.

An inexperienced rider on board again today but if she makes enough use of SHYPEN she should be able to win again,stays much further so would not want to be too far back early on.

Not much of a price but Dettori goes to Newmarket tonight for one ride and should make it worthwhile on Cumani's FOUR ON EIGHT in the 8 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,155 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I like Fast IN the Wind in 6.30

20-1
    4 to place//

Consistent. Can forget its last run. I think it can go close and grab a place.

SHYPEN at 11/4 might be good enough to win the 5 35 from OLYMPIC RUNNER who is 6 lbs better off with SHYPEN who beat him 6 lengths over 6 furlongs last time.

An inexperienced rider on board again today but if she makes enough use of SHYPEN she should be able to win again,stays much further so would not want to be too far back early on.

Not much of a price but Dettori goes to Newmarket tonight for one ride and should make it worthwhile on Cumani's FOUR ON EIGHT in the 8 25.

She played right into the hands of the winner,should have made more use of the horse,was staying on all too late,she should be made watch Josephine Gordon before riding again.
    I only had a small bet,main bet 8 25 and I expect Dettori to deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭madmax72

He is also riding in the 7-25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Irish Optimism ..Chester 6.35

lol at the name after the Brexit but I think this stands a real chance. Jock has a record here of 4 wins in 9 and has the advantage of experience against a lot of the others.
    will be doing a good e/w at 13/2

1st 6 Viscount Barfield 7/2
    2nd 4 Bell Heather (IRE) 8/1
    3rd 3 Irish Optimism (IRE) 11/2

There's bound to be similarly themed horse tomorrow

1st 6 Viscount Barfield 7/2
    2nd 4 Bell Heather (IRE) 8/1
    3rd 3 Irish Optimism (IRE) 11/2

There's bound to be similarly themed horse tomorrow

made a small profit in the end though!

With the currency jumping, might seek to back-flip 5% over the next month,
    maybe using Shadagann @17 19:30, as the wildcard on to the end of 5 from 6 fold e/w.
    Prices also jumping all over the place today, Bahamas went 17 into 10 in the 14:40.

Shadagann came in 4th, Sagely is dropping fast in the 7:45

She played right into the hands of the winner,should have made more use of the horse,was staying on all too late,she should be made watch Josephine Gordon before riding again.
    I only had a small bet,main bet 8 25 and I expect Dettori to deliver

That did not go according to plan,first Frankie gets into a pocket then when he gets out there is nothing in the locker,maybe that's the reason guys back dogs lol.

• Advertisement

That did not go according to plan,first Frankie gets into a pocket then when he gets out there is nothing in the locker,maybe that's the reason guys back dogs lol.

had a good bet on that as well! Oh well, a few others won for me today so back to square one!

The 2 best betting races are at Newcastle,the 3 40 and 4 15 with 20 runners in each race winner finding might not be easy.

The placepot might pay well and my 3 against the field in both races are,

3 40 CARDINAL WALTER, POYLE THOMAS and GRUMETTI.
    CARDINAL WALTER would be my best hope in the 3 40 except that he is drawn 19 and low numbers are likely to be favoured.

In the big race MOSCATO would be my best bet except that he is drawn 18,i give chances to ARCH VILLAIN and GABRIAL THE HERO.
    The 2 high drawn horses will have to be left out if high numbers are at a disadvantage and I will check that out in the morning an listen to what the experts say.

today I will be chancing
    both of zimmers in the 4:15. ARCH VILLAIN and GABRIAL THE HERO
    both of them have good form on the surface

4:55 Windsor Red Tea is my NAP at 4-1 going off 67 and she should handle the soft ground

good luck all!

edit
    Also Moonlight magic is worth an e/w at 16-1 in the 5:20 Curragh.
    The Bolgar yard has had a good month with 11 winners in ireland this month at 27% win rate!
    Curragh has had a lot of rain and it may not suit the fave Harzand

a lot of bookies are also doing free bet refunds on the channel 4 races, so a little extra help there!

A fool and his money post:

2 L15 both at my 10.c e/w massive spend

Champagne or water 9/2
    Foxtrot charlie 7/2
    Peace Envoy 6/4
    Moonlight Magic 14/1

Elusive heights 6/1
    Hint of a tint 7/1
    King Electric 5/1
    Port Douglas 16/1

All running in Curragh from 15.35 to 17.20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

So Beloved 15:55 Newmarket @10/3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Newcastle 15:40 Sea of heaven 15/2 , Lukes pick of his horses on the morning line this morning

Newmarket 15:55 Breton Rock 3/1 Will love the ground

Singles and knee trembling double

Brilliant didn't back poyle but backed other two!!! Fuk my luck 😢

The 2 best betting races are at Newcastle,the 3 40 and 4 15 with 20 runners in each race winner finding might not be easy.

The placepot might pay well and my 3 against the field in both races are,

3 40 CARDINAL WALTER, POYLE THOMAS and GRUMETTI.
    CARDINAL WALTER would be my best hope in the 3 40 except that he is drawn 19 and low numbers are likely to be favoured.

In the big race MOSCATO would be my best bet except that he is drawn 18,i give chances to ARCH VILLAIN and GABRIAL THE HERO.
    The 2 high drawn horses will have to be left out if high numbers are at a disadvantage and I will check that out in the morning an listen to what the experts say.
    Backed Gabrial the Hero,still going in the p pot with my 3 as above and I banked on number 1 in the 6th race.

On arch and hero plus small on sunblazer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Small Win Only on Camile 20/1 in the last at the Curragh. After following her in previous she is either going to win solidly or come in dead last, so no need to go EW for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement