Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    Small Win Only on Camile 20/1 in the last at the Curragh. After following her in previous she is either going to win solidly or come in dead last, so no need to go EW for me.

It was the latter :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

little double
    lingfield 19:40 what a dandy
    doncaster 19:55 spanish city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Avenue Of Stars (Place/4) 6.50
    Classic Seniority (place/3) 2.87
    Laughton (W/O SC) 2.25

+ Billy Hurley (Golf 'live' R3 Leader) 1.66
    + Donegal (GAA 'live') 1.66

is 142/1 Acc, but just small fours (from five) instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I would advise all punters to have a look at the replay of Northumberland Plate today and watch ARCH VILLAIN on the rail,bang there at the 2 furlong marker when there was no room to go anywhere,jockey stopped riding and allowed the horse to trail in nearer last than first.

I am not saying he would have been placed or won with a clear run but he ran way better than final position and can collect again before the season ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

update:
    Avenue Of Stars (Place/4) 6.50 = YES 4th
    Classic Seniority (place/3) 2.87 = NO 8th/16
    Laughton (W/O SC) 2.25 = NO 2nd to Kestrel Call (IRE) 20/1
    + Billy Hurley (Golf 'live' R3 Leader) 1.66 = currently leading by 2
    + Donegal (GAA 'live') 1.66 = NO (draw)

...It looked good on paper, still small stakes for high yield is low risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Sleep in First 17:30 Cartmel @5/2

Sir Isaac Newton 2 45 and Alveena 5 25 both at the Curragh,backed both in singles at 15/8 and a double.

Sir Isaac Newton 2 45 and Alveena 5 25 both at the Curragh,backed both in singles at 15/8 and a double.
    Ryan was lucky to be allowed through on the rail,if Keane edged towards the rail when still in front Moore would have had to switch and would have lost momentum and the race.

KASBAH 4 55 Curragh is probably something of an underachiever who is always on the premises but finds winning difficult.

Is well handicapped with ARDHOOMY today and is worth a little ew from an ok draw at around 10/1,money back pp usual conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,155 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I like A few Dollars More 20-1 in 4.55
    Has ran consistently in defeat off top weight this year. Runs here with bottom weight, it's in form and it weight should be a leveller for it to compete for a place as least.

• Advertisement

Eddystone Rock in the 5:55 Curragh goes for the hat trick and stands a good chance I reckon, despite a weight rise

A long wait for today's best bet which runs in the 8 40 at Muss.

FLASH CITY is trained by Ruth Carr whose horses are running very well,the horse has top weight in the 5 furlong race tonight and there are good reasons why he should win.He is now lower than he was for 3 of his 4 wins and is holding his form well.

A course winner who will be suited by the straight 5 furlongs can be backed at 4s in Lads,10/3 PP is certain to be running on at the finish despite carrying top weight.

He is sometimes slowly away but always gives his running and being a hold-up type missing the break may not be a problem and i have a decent enough ew bet on tonight.

Well beaten in 2nd so just my own back today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

My 3rd bet is LARA CARBONARA 6 OC Hamilton.The irish trained runner would be a solid bet if we were certain the trip would not be too far,has been staying on over 2 furlongs shorter and looks as if the trip will be ok so i put a few quid on at 7/2.

Lara runs again in Hamilton today at 3pm
    Zimmer would you go again ?

Im going with Long call myself, Godophin horse, as that was an amateur race before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Walden Prince 19:50 Stratford @7/2

Did not get involved today,it was a stronger race and Lara had a penalty.
    Backed Play the Ace 6 50 and Deshan 8 50 both at Stratford and I believe have very good chances.

Did not get involved today,it was a stronger race and Lara had a penalty.
    Backed Play the Ace 6 50 and Deshan 8 50 both at Stratford and I believe have very good chances.
    Not too good today and frittered away some of the Ascot gains.

Will be more selective in the coming days and concentrate on the better quality meetings coming up,Sandown has some good racing at the weekend and I will try to find a couple of bets there.

Will be more selective in the coming days and concentrate on the better quality meetings coming up,Sandown has some good racing at the weekend and I will try to find a couple of bets there.

I was on play the ace as well, and although it jumped well and clear at the last, the 12yr old still passed it easily enough :(

Xsquared 8:50 Fairyhouse.

won at limerick recently under firmer ground but stands a good chance still i reckon under PJ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Midnight rider 9.00 Bath, drops in class and has won on soft under this rider. Seems to be 9/2 most places now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

7.50 an duine uasal 9/1 (from 10/3)

thought this had a good chance and might end up down the field but at the price I have to have a nibble ew

drift was right :(

won at limerick recently under firmer ground but stands a good chance still i reckon under PJ

lovely...hope some of you got on

I had a look at the Eclipse Stakes at Sandown on Sat and the bet I came up with is My Dreamboat and I have a hundred ew on at 7/2 PP ante-post and if it it does not run I lose my money.
    The stats suggest that My Dreamboat should be backed for this race and his age group (4) have a very good record and 3 year olds have a very poor record (only 2 three year olds out of 22 have won in the last 10 years) and they were two exceptional horses,Sea the Stars and Golden Horn,3 year olds that have not run in the Derby are none from 13 and the 1/1 money fav is a 3 year old who has never run further than a mile let alone run in the Derby.
    The 3rd fav,Time Test is not well suited by soft ground and is likely to be pulled out if the going is soft.
    My Dreamboat acts well on soft and won a group 1 at Royal Ascot last time out,beating Western Hymn easily by more than 3 1/2 lengths over the ECLIPSE distance of 1 mile 2 furlongs.

Well suited by any more rain,though not totally dependent on it (beat Western Hymn on good to sft giving away 3 lbs over c and d in APR.

Aiden OBrien is a great trainer but I cannot see any value backing The Ghurka at evens when he has never run further than a mile and was outstayed by Gallilea Gold over a mile at Ascot last time.
    If Ladbrokes go money back if 2nd or 3rd to the fav My Dreamboat will become a maximum bet (in different offices) or PP go money back 2nd to the fav we can get stuck in on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I had a look at the Eclipse Stakes at Sandown on Sat and the bet I came up with is My Dreamboat and I have a hundred ew on at 7/2 PP ante-post and if it it does not run I lose my money.
    The stats suggest that My Dreamboat should be backed for this race and his age group (4) have a very good record and 3 year olds have a very poor record (only 2 three year olds out of 22 have won in the last 10 years) and they were two exceptional horses,Sea the Stars and Golden Horn,3 year olds that have not run in the Derby are none from 13 and the 1/1 money fav is a 3 year old who has never run further than a mile let alone run in the Derby.
    The 3rd fav,Time Test is not well suited by soft ground and is likely to be pulled out if the going is soft.
    My Dreamboat acts well on soft and won a group 1 at Royal Ascot last time out,beating Western Hymn easily by more than 3 1/2 lengths over the ECLIPSE distance of 1 mile 2 furlongs.

Well suited by any more rain,though not totally dependent on it (beat Western Hymn on good to sft giving away 3 lbs over c and d in APR.

Aiden OBrien is a great trainer but I cannot see any value backing The Ghurka at evens when he has never run further than a mile and was outstayed by Gallilea Gold over a mile at Ascot last time.
    If Ladbrokes go money back if 2nd or 3rd to the fav My Dreamboat will become a maximum bet (in different offices) or PP go money back 2nd to the fav we can get stuck in on Saturday.

Still strong on this Zimmer ?
    7 runners on PP and at 4-1 at the mo

plenty of 5/1 out there

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/2016-07-02-sandown/15:45/winner

hoping to get 6/4 for a place at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 36,155 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Maritime Law 7.35
    Ran a bit green last time, still improving I think.
    I think it will go close here at 14-1

lil ew

won again at 3/1 half hour ago
    tis great when you spot it all afterwards

Still strong on this Zimmer ?
    7 runners on PP and at 4-1 at the mo
    I would be stronger if the expected rain had come but I am happy to be on ew 3 places but disappointed at the price I got.
    The stats favour My Dreamboat (3 year olds only 2 from 22 and they were Derby winners).Time Test would be better on good or quicker and The Gurkha has not run further than 8 furlongs.

I am still hoping for some rain to make the ground softer and from what I saw today the going is still plenty soft,i am on a horse who has won a group 1 and is sired by a group 1 winner (9 of the last 10 winners were sired by a group 1 winner and The Gurkha is the only other runner sired by a group 1 winner).

My Dreamboat has won over CD and Sandown is a stiff track that will expose any stamina limitations.
    I will be going in again if there is any further rain at the track and the PP offer of money back if 2nd to the fav is an added bonus.

• Advertisement

Thoughts on Sandown.
    1 25 is a trappy contest with a few not sure to act on the ground so a little ew on SIR RODERIC might pay off around 7-8 to 1.
    2 oc is best left to BRANDO who looks better than the rest.
    2 35 is a very open race that I have narrowed down to 3 or 4 with good chances,BEST OF TIMES ran well over further in a listed race at ASCOT weakening in the final furlong and has a very good chance,DONNCHA got no run last time and is very smart,good chance.SECRET ART is also useful and I think the winner will come from that group who go on the ground and are in good form.If the race was afurlong shorter I would back HIGHLAND COLORI but I do not think he gets a truly run mile.

3 10 MAKE FAST is way better than he has shown and can win at a good price with
    SHARAAKAH the danger.

3 45 See above.
    4 20 is a good 2 mile listed race SANDRA BOTTICELLI ran well at a huge price over a half mile further at ASCOT and should run well here,ORIENTAL FOX is very genuine and could be in the mix and NEARLY CAUGHT who stays well would have a chance but I will pass him over as he had a hard race a week ago.
    4 55 a few of these are lightly raced and have won on the AW so it is difficult to know what to expect,one who did win impressively on turf is NATURAL SCENERY who should be there at the finish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement