Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Sick because of the price I took about MY DREAMBOAT so I am doing a bit of a tour to back it again with the "money back as a free bet" bookies to avail of the 5/1 now on offer,(Boyles 11/2 but no money back).

Looking forward to some fantastic racing today and hopeful of a couple of winners,punters have a bit of an advantage today if we stick to horses who go on the ground and who have form on stiff tracks,because just like Ascot,Sandown has a punishing long uphill finish that will out horses who do not have stamina for the trip and the ground.
    Good luck to all.

With all the talk about Sandown I almost forgot to mention an old favourite ENGAI,who runs in the ladies race for amateur riders at 5 15 in Nottingham.Ridden by Polly Bridgewater,who regularly rides the 10 year old on the AW.

10 lbs higher rating on turf makes it a bit more difficult for the very genuine gelding who has won on the flat and over jumps.

ENGAI has won on all types of ground but has run mainly on the AW in recent times,very game and often runs on well at the finish may be suited by better ground but 16/1 is way too big a price for ENGAI and backers should not be too surprised if he is slowly away as that is par for the course.

ENGAI runs in the 5 45 Nottingham.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Going very well at Sandown Zimmer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Boys on fire , legend

2 35 is a very open race that I have narrowed down to 3 or 4 with good chances,BEST OF TIMES ran well over further in a listed race at ASCOT weakening in the final furlong and has a very good chance,DONNCHA got no run last time and is very smart,good chance.SECRET ART is also useful and I think the winner will come from that group who go on the ground and are in good form.If the race was afurlong shorter I would back HIGHLAND COLORI but I do not think he gets a truly run mile.

You'll never cease to amaze me Zimmer, what a pick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Indian chief 5:45 nottingham, only evens price but big bet on this

well done on avoiding the fave zimmer...I also bet against it

Lost €300 on My dreamboat,but still ahead on the day and 2 legs of a lucky 15 at big prices to go with Secret Art up at 16s and 4 units in the placepot going on 7 -9 and 11 in the last leg at 4 20 so happy enough despite making a bad bet on my dreamboat.
    Glad I stayed in last night perusing the form book until the early hours,will have a few tonight to celebrate (would be having a few anyway)and regardless of what happens to my remaining bets I will do ok today thanks to a few decent winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Get in Sandro :D

Lost €300 on My dreamboat,but still ahead on the day and 2 legs of a lucky 15 at big prices to go with Secret Art up at 16s and 4 units in the placepot going on 7 -9 and 11 in the last leg at 4 20 so happy enough despite making a bad bet on my dreamboat.
    Glad I stayed in last night perusing the form book until the early hours,will have a few tonight to celebrate (would be having a few anyway)and regardless of what happens to my remaining bets I will do ok today thanks to a few decent winners.

Sandro Botticelli another winner :D Delighted for you after the My Dreamboat loss. I'd buy you a few tonight if I could!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I hope Sandra was one of those legs in the lucky 15.... Savage tipping today!

• Advertisement

T

4 20 is a good 2 mile listed race SANDRA BOTTICELLI ran well at a huge price over a half mile further at ASCOT and should run well here,ORIENTAL FOX is very genuine and could be in the mix and NEARLY CAUGHT who stays well would have a chance but I will pass him over as he had a hard race a week ago.
    4 55 a few of these are lightly raced and have won on the AW so it is difficult to know what to expect,one who did win impressively on turf is NATURAL SCENERY who should be there at the finish.

get in fella!

missed you earlier ones as was driving but you are on fire

thanks for sharing

Had 1st and 3rd in placepot Sandra Boticeelli backed at 12s (I tipped it at a huge price in ASCOT) and with Secret Art 16s in a €2 ew lucky 15 ENGAI 5 45 16/1 LAST LEG and 8 placepot €1 units to collect so definitely a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Took note of all your tips on notepad. Got sidetracked and never had a bet. Gutted.

But fair play man, delighted for you and thanks for sharing.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Took note of all your tips on notepad. Got sidetracked and never had a bet. Gutted.

But fair play man, delighted for you and thanks for sharing.

still time to get on natural scenery and ENGAI

By my reckoning I have €502 going on ENGAI at 16s (out to 20s now but I will get the better sp if it wins so let it drift away) in 5 45 for the win part of my lucky 15,the loser in the bet was Make Fast who finished 5th in the 3 10,i hope Polly Bridgewater gives me a run.

FatRat wrote: »
    Sandro Botticelli another winner :D Delighted for you after the My Dreamboat loss. I'd buy you a few tonight if I could!

No need I just got the placepot dividend for Sandown €481 for a euro and I have it up 8 times the drinks are on me tonight,i had some touches today and still holding out some hope for more!!

Indian chief 5:45 nottingham, only evens price but big bet on this

well done on avoiding the fave zimmer...I also bet against it

absolutely stormed it!

hope some of you got on

• Registered Users Posts: 8 deise11

What are we on tomorrow zimmer? 😂
    My paddy power account is bulging
    Great stuff today

deise11 wrote: »
    Great stuff today
    Tomorrow I shall probably be resting and unless I hear something I will not be involved.
    Some very good racing at Newmarket and Goodwood coming up soon and I have some real good fancies depending on the ground,the going is very important to me because it very often reduces the field to a size punters can cope with and several horses can be discounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Well done Zimmer, excellent analysis as usual. Thanks for your continued sharing. As an aside was in bookies and in the 2.35 Secret Arts race i did an all comb forecast and tricast on your first 3 picks ( excluded HC) but did it via numbers and did 3,4,6 instead of 3,6,11 - No 4 was Secret Brief ouch.... fc as €122, the tricast was circ €2,700. Well done again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Jsmac67

First time posting. 3.10 Market Raise,have had good work for Easy Street.

Short enough but the money is there

razorhead wrote: »
    Well done Zimmer, excellent analysis as usual. Thanks for your continued sharing. As an aside was in bookies and in the 2.35 Secret Arts race i did an all comb forecast and tricast on your first 3 picks ( excluded HC) but did it via numbers and did 3,4,6 instead of 3,6,11 - No 4 was Secret Brief ouch.... fc as €122, the tricast was circ €2,700. Well done again

The tricast would have been nice except I did not believe the third horse would last home,otherwise I would have backed it at 25s,it just goes to show that when the racing is of a high standard and all the horses are trying good value can be had and big priced horses can win.

It is not a coincidence that I had my best day since Royal Ascot and we would do well to keep stakes small at the bread and butter meetings.

deise11 wrote: »
    Great stuff today
    I put two in the tips section.

David OMeara's horses are flying in the last few days again after a quiet time and INGLEBY HOLLOW can win the 3 15 at AYR today over 1 mile 5 furlongs,he stays a bit further and seems a good bet to get back on the winning trail at around 9/4-5/2.

CLAUDIO MONTIVERDI 7 55 Roscommon is the day's best bet for me,ran well enough in the Irish Derby until dropped away I furlong out beaten 13 lengths by the winner and has beaten THE GURKHA in his short career,albeit over a mile in april.

CHEMICAL CHARGE is 6/4 probably based on the fact that he finished close behind SIR ISAAC NEWTON and PORTAGE in his last two races.That is good form but these were small field affairs over 10 furlongs on good ground and today's conditions are very different over the longer trip.

The 2nd fav SIMMANKA won easily in Down Royal,but that was a handicap and before that scrambled home by a head in Clonmel from TONKONISE,who was beaten in two handicaps since then.
    CLAUDIO MONTIVERDI is a very big price (around 7/1) and is a very solid ew bet with exactly 8 runners and ground that suits very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Well done Zimmer! As usual :p

Ingleby Hollow absolutely pished it home there. Never in danger, very comfortable.

Kodiline 6.35 Windsor, low priced fave, but should get the job done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

CLAUDIO MONTIVERDI is a very big price (around 7/1) and is a very solid ew bet with exactly 8 runners and ground that suits very well.

down to 7 runners

• Registered Users Posts: 36,155 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Cabal 14-1 9.15

Consistent in defeat this year. Went close last time out over this trip. I think its good value to challenge again and place at least in a field with some very weak contenders.

14-1

CH3OH wrote: »
    down to 7 runners

Ran a poor enough race and never really threatened,the only consolation is that I was correct in thinking the first 2 in the betting could be taken on and I chose the wrong one to take them on with but the non runner made me scale my bet back a bit so still made a profit with INGLEBY HOLLOW winning at 5/2 for me.

• Advertisement

Bread and butter stuff today.
    Ryan Moore goes to WOL to ride CONSTABLE CLOUDS for his father in the 4 25 and has a good chance at around 4s money back if 2nd to fav PP.
    BAYSTON HALL has been 3rd 3 times and can get his head in front today,the only danger should be Dascombs horse if fancied and at 15/8 he should be backed as evens should be about his correct price.
    ROY ROCKET has gone up in the weights and he only just won last time but he beat a well fancied Mark Prescott one and they were 15 lengths clear of the rest,Prescotts are hard to beat when the money is down and at 7/2 ROY ROCKET is worth backing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement