Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Sennockian Star 15:15 Carlisle @5/2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Money spoke but I did not listen and it is possibly the case that SAVANNAH'S DREAM is better in a large field with a strong pace.
    OMeara's horses not yet firing and I will give this one another chance when a much better price will be available.
    Not enjoying the best of luck at the moment so I hope it changes for Galway/Goodwood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Hepijeau looks a good shout at those odds (13/2) in 5.20 at Uttox. 7 runner race now. Main chances are relying on the better ground, (a hampering issue in his last few runouts) and jockey booking of Johnson over Coleman. Has been overlooked by most race previews but I cant ignore him at that price t this level in a lucky last!

WEATHER WATCH is trained by Jessica Harrington and ridden by daughter Kate in the big race at 7 20 in Galway,the same combination won this last year with MODEM and can win again with the well handicapped entry this year.

Once rated 97 Weather Watch,who now runs off 83 can win at around 14/1.The horse ran a nice race behind PAPA'S WAY and last year's winner MODEM over 2 miles at the Curragh,running on well at the finish.

Taggs Island has a bit of a chance in the 5 15 Galway,Mullin's Muthaza will be all the rage but a little ew on Taggs Island at around 14/1 might pay dividends.

Taggs ran a close 4th over 7 1/2 furlongs on the flat at Tipp last time when only beaten a length and a quarter and has a bit of speed which will help in this contest and has beaten 2nd fav Buyer Beware 2 runs back and can be backed at double the price.

SIZING KNOCKEEN seems to have been kept for the bumper at 8 20 Gal and might be worth a bet.From a good yard and a good jockey on board he can repay support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Permian 14:00 Ayr @7/4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Taggs Island .

When Zimmer post the same fancy you have:

e2161543fb07fbef4f3b8748567fdbb1.jpg

racso1975 wrote: »
    When Zimmer post the same fancy you have:

e2161543fb07fbef4f3b8748567fdbb1.jpg

Ha ha,i like it but now that I have a score ew at 20s with money back as a free bet if 2nd or 3rd to the jolly I would like it more if the beast performs.

Taggs Island hit the last 2 and lost any hope of a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Galway 7:50 Forceful, really like this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,155 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Highlway royal 66 -1 8.20

Three recent runs, not sure how honest they were. I expect better here off a trainer who likes a big price winner.

little ew 66--1

5th ran a honest race. Should win a race soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Did sizing knockeen break down on a foreleg? Action went all of a sudden but jockey didn't jump off.

Drew a blank today and even if SIZING KNOCKEEN did not break down he looked unlikely to win.

Four losing bets but Goodwood starting tomorrow so a chance to lose twice as much,but hope springs eternal and the form will get a good look tonight.

A couple of long priced horses for tomorrow.

GUSSY GOOSE 7 20 Galway ran an eyecatching race last time behind CREGG PIPES,never asked much of a question was full of running when hampered and ran on on when race was over finishing really well.Sure to be laid out for this I backed it at 14/1.
    In the 4 20 at Goodwood I backed WASEEM FARIS at 25/1 an exposed handicapper who always runs well at Goodwood and other sharp tracks won 3 times last year but has yet to sparkle this year and will have a good chance of causing an upset if breaking well tomorrow.

RIP JT. Awful news. Robbie was filmed on the tv yesterday, (he trained Chadic in the 7.20) he probably knew what was coming as did most of the jockies yesterday. Still remember that fall,

RIP JT. Awful news. Robbie was filmed on the tv yesterday, (he trained Chadic in the 7.20) he probably knew what was coming as did most of the jockies yesterday. Still remember that fall,
    It puts it into perspective,we rant sometimes about the rides horses we have backed get and forget the risks a jockey takes every time he or she sits on a horse.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

RIP

Whiskey Sour 20-1 7.20

I'm liking this to progress further and run a good race off bottom weight
    With 4 places it's a decent place shot

20-1 ew

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

Whiskey Sour 20-1 7.20

I'm liking this to progress further and run a good race off bottom weight
    With 4 places it's a decent place shot

20-1 ew

22/1 and 5 places with bet 365

• Advertisement

Hasanour 10-1 7.20
    Can't see past this for the win. Has faced a lot of very competitive horses . This an
    easier task.

2pts win 10-1

Ted walsh is f'in bonkers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Was coming here to post hasanour also
    Took 11s betv ew
    Really feel there's a big one in this fella and am disregarding last couple of runs
    Would be nice to see a few pound for it, always a big plus with this stable

One of my 2 bets today a non-runner and nothing positive coming for Winter Lion I decided to have €25 ew at 8s on Hold Court 7 40 Wor trained by Evan Williams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Used a free bet voucher in ladbrokes for Waseem but seems he was a non-runner, should I get the free bet back in that case? First time using one.

Nevermind, just saw they don't give it back! Feck anyway.

One of my 2 bets today a non-runner and nothing positive coming for Winter Lion I decided to have €25 ew at 8s on Hold Court 7 40 Wor trained by Evan Williams.

Yes, a nice winner and 10/1 is a real bonus,Gussy Goose was hampered when staying on and might have been placed but Hold Court has stopped the bleeding and provided a small transfusion.

5.25gd afjaan

3.10 awtaad ew

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

mailburner wrote: »
    5.25gd afjaan

3.10 awtaad ew

Im on awtaad large the last could of weeks, have bets on at 12s all the way down to 6s. Really hope it comes in.

ASOT wrote: »
    Im on awtaad large the last could of weeks, have bets on at 12s all the way down to 6s. Really hope it comes in.

Best of luck
    I may have to reinvest now :)

• Advertisement

GALILEO GOLD must be good value at 9/4 with money back as a free bet 2nd or 3rd to the fav,usual rules.

RIGHTDOWNTHEMIDDLE stays well and is in good form,will be running on in the 4 10 Galway and is a 25/1 chance with PP,will run well i believe and worth an ew bet.

CLARCAM is the choice in the Plate at 5 30 at 10/1.
    Has probably been laid out for this and last 2 runs over hurdles to protect handicap mark.
    WORDINESS is a speculative ew bet at 20s or better in the marathon at 2 oc at Goodwood.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement