Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Aspen Mountain was the bet of the meeting before the rains came and connections decided to wait for another day with him.

There is still a very solid bet in the race and I have had a good bet at 5/2 on TONY THE GENT in the 6 40 and he will be difficult to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,155 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Three Kingdoms 28-1 5.30
    5 places LB

I really like this for a place.

Not a bad day,money back on GALILEO,a profit on CLARCAM,5 places PP,small loss on the two outsiders,both ran well enough and big profit on TONY THE GENT 6 40.

A few ew fancies for Galway today.
    BOHERBUOY 3 0c has not run for a while,but is sure to be ready for today's race.
    GUSSY GOOSE ran a couple of days ago and was in with a chance of a place until hampered,in a listed race now and has a few pounds to find with a couple of these but Wachman's horses now running well Gussy can repay support.

MODEM is around 20s for the "Hurdle" and been running well on the flat since a very good performance behind Clondaw Warrior in Fairyhouse over hurdles in April.
    Now 9 lbs better off for 3 and a quarter lengths I think MODEM can reverse placings with Clondaw Warrior and is a good price to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Tiger Roll 14:25 Galway @3/1

• Advertisement

MODEM 4th at 25/1 got a few quid back and the two others were unplaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

2.35 thikriyaat
    6.50gw queen alphabet
    Singles

Two for Goodwood at decent prices today-DONNCHA in the 3 10 is not drawn as well as I would have liked in stall 10 a lower draw would have been better but 10 is just about ok and the good pilot on board should be able to get into a better position as the race unfolds.

Game and consistent,DONNCHA can BEAT the very short priced FRANKLIN D drawn 1 and at 11/1 and the various money back deals available is a good ew bet.

WASHINGTON DC has run 2 very good races in his last two runs and at 12/1 and dropping back to 5 furlongs is good value to win for Aiden OBrien and Ryan Moore.

The horse has plenty of speed and can go well today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Zulu Alpha 20:30 Galway @10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Taking donncha and jailawi at 28's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Devine in next at gw

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

Two for Goodwood at decent prices today-DONNCHA in the 3 10 is not drawn as well as I would have liked in stall 10 a lower draw would have been better but 10 is just about ok and the good pilot on board should be able to get into a better position as the race unfolds.

Game and consistent,DONNCHA can BEAT the very short priced FRANKLIN D drawn 1 and at 11/1 and the various money back deals available is a good ew bet.

WASHINGTON DC has run 2 very good races in his last two runs and at 12/1 and dropping back to 5 furlongs is good value to win for Aiden OBrien and Ryan Moore.

The horse has plenty of speed and can go well today.

well done Zimmer! close with washington ! put them in EW double cheers :)

QUEEN CATRINE was a very good filly a few years ago before going off the boil and if back to her best could be in with a shout in the 4 55 at Goodwood.
    Ger Lyons does not usually send runners to Britain unless they have a bit of a chance and even though she has to give weight to the field she is worth an ew bet at 14/1

INIS MEAIN a course winner at Galway in the past has come down from a mark of 110 to 94.
    The horse has been disappointing to say the least and is 25/1 as a consequence but if D Hogan could coax the horse back to anything like his best he would win the 6 50 over one mile and a half at Galway and I suggest a modest ew bet as Hogan is reported to have the horse in good shape and if that is the case INIS MEAIN could be there or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Thanks Zimmer, put donnacha and DC in a 5 ew double, 75 back :)

Might have a go at the 6:50 galway for interest!

Plenty racing sat but winner finding might be difficult and I might have a shot at the placepot in Goodwood as it could pay very well.

The Stewards Cup will take some working out though a better and classier type seems to win it in recent years.TOOFI should run well at 11 or 12/1 and two at very big prices that could be involved at the finish are DINKUM DIAMOND and SPRING LOADED who are around the 33/1 mark. and might be worth a small ew and look out for the bookies who may give 6 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Minding and lockheed at goodwood, full intention at thirsk and capri at galway four fold pays over 3/1 looks like banker after banker to me

5.10nm Al 11/8
    3.45 orions bow 6/1 ew

Go far 40-1

Rivellino 22-1

Going for both of these ew. 5 places available .

Moonraker 80-1 3.45
    Moonraker is interesting and on a big price. Lightly raced, has run 3 grade 1's this year. Ran at Newcastle recently in a grade 2 over this trip coming second, its's such a price that I give it a chance to place at 80-1 5 places./

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I have Growl and Baccarat in the notebook for the next at Goodwood.

Going EW on both 14/1 and 50/1

• Advertisement

tinodz wrote: »
    I have Growl and Baccarat in the notebook for the next at Goodwood.

Going EW on both 14/1 and 50/1

Growl got a 4th. Some place money.

I am taking the 20/1 EW on Perfect Timing (Market Rasen, 2:55) even if is seems like madness. Has had a terrible 2016 (2 losses by 30 lengths and one Pulled Up). He is due a win at some point though due to his tumbling handicap mark, and there is quality in there. Going to kick myself if I am not on when it happens. Same jock aboard tomorrow that nabbed two win in this period back in 2015.

mailburner wrote: »
    5.10nm Al
    Mother of god what a pig...4/6 and last

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

5.00 Tarazani 15/8

3rd behind Harzand and Sword Fighter in March

The 4 05 at Market Rasen is a very poor handicap hurdle,the fav, Kelsey does appear to be the best horse in the race but is a good bit higher than when he last won.

I have taken a chance and put €20 ew on EXIT TO NOWHERE who ran well when well out of the handicap last time and though a little out the handicap again today has an opportunity to get his head in front in what is a bad enough race.

Heir 2 De Throne 3.50
    20-1

Won over C&D 2 back and has been consistent in it's 7 runs to date. I think the ground will suit today and can at least place off bottom weight here. Still progressing

lil ew 20-1

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

I have taken a chance and put €20 ew on EXIT TO NOWHERE who ran well when well out of the handicap last time and though a little out the handicap again today has an opportunity to get his head in front in what is a bad enough race.

Think the horse is called Exit to Freedom. Jeepers Zimmer. Thought that sounded a little bleak existentially speaking. ;-))) Especially on a Sunday.

Bumped a few times and short of room until it opened. Kept on best I thought.
    3rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Probably be a bit late for some putting this up now but just noticed there is a horse called Sydney Ruffdiamond in Chepstow at 4.15. Very decent, think hes gone up on weight since a very good tactical win this month here but dropping from 6 to 5 furlongs and the ground is more suitable. Hughes Yard is going well also. Much better bet than Dark Prospect but the money is down for the latter now so a reverse forecast bet may also be a way to go

4/1 at present with majority of bookies

christ that was awful!!! Drop back in trip hazardous to his chances, faded completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Think the horse is called Exit to Freedom. Jeepers Zimmer. Thought that sounded a little bleak existentially speaking. ;-))) Especially on a Sunday.

You were right it seems.

It's real name is Exit to Nowhere

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement