Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Think the horse is called Exit to Freedom. Jeepers Zimmer. Thought that sounded a little bleak existentially speaking. ;-))) Especially on a Sunday.
    Ha ha the horses dad was called EXIT TO NOWHERE and of course I was not speaking existentially as I must confess I never really did understand what Jean Paul Sartre was talking about,though I did contemplate becoming a devotee for a time when I saw the way beautiful women flocked to him :D.But I was much too shallow to fully embrace existentialism and I like to keep it much more simple.
    I do not know which philosopher said "when god closes one door he shuts another" but i'm in his camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ShaneU wrote: »
    5.00 Tarazani 15/8

3rd behind Harzand and Sword Fighter in March
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Ha ha the horses dad was called EXIT TO NOWHERE and of course I was not speaking existentially as I must confess I never really did understand what Jean Paul Sartre was talking about,though I did contemplate becoming a devotee for a time when I saw the way beautiful women flocked to him :D.But I was much too shallow to fully embrace existentialism and I like to keep it much more simple.
    I do not know which philosopher said "when god closes one door he shuts another" but i'm in his camp.

'Tis about time we brought a bit of culture into this forum.

Flan Costelloe,is a lover of horseracing and deserves more success and he to told me that DIAMONDGEEZER LUKE has a bit of a chance in Cork today in the 4 35 once ground is good or good to firm,not half as good on slower ground,worth a fiver ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,155 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mixed Views 20-1 ew 4.55
    Has run decently over longer trips. This drop to 7f off bottom weight should see an improvement I think. With 4 places 20-1 is a decent ew

Spirit of PAris 9-1 in same should go close AT 9-1
    Lil ew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,155 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Hi Emperor 25-1 3.25

Should improve for its one run this year. Has ability if fit to grab a place at a big price.

25-1 ew

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Calm bay ew next in naas

And now it drifts......motha trucker

racso1975 wrote: »
    And now it drifts......motha trucker

Ha brilliant 3rd

Last :-(

Last one for today. Pillar in next at naas

• Advertisement

And now it drafts like a balloon!!!! Bookies obviously looking at my jinxed horses. .....I'm the polar opposite of hugh taylor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Labyrinth 15:30 Salisbury @8/11

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

racso1975 wrote: »
    And now it drafts like a balloon!!!! Bookies obviously looking at my jinxed horses. .....I'm the polar opposite of hugh taylor

We've all been there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Slattsy wrote: »
    We've all been there!

😊

😊

D'**** does that mean??? :confused::confused:

:D

Anyone on Charles Byrnes' gamble??

D'**** does that mean??? :confused::confused:

:D

My laughing smileys come up as bull****. Sorry ðŸ˜

More awkwardness. Ha ha

More awkwardness. Ha ha

You're not doing yourself any favours ha

You're not doing yourself any favours ha

I know. Bye then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Anyone on Charles Byrnes' gamble??

Ya, a bit half assed though. I posted in the daily gambling thread. I had honestly decided to give up gambling permanently last night. Constantly losing, when the fun stops stop. I told my friends about the bets at around 2:30pm but wasn't going to back it myself. They didn't back them.

When the first one won I thought eff this and stuck a bit on a double which was 7/1 at that stage.

So nice to get a bit back after a horror show of a few weeks.

The thing is if I had backed them at 2:30pm I think I would have put on a very small stake as a patent or trixie, maybe as e/w. But because the first one won I ended up 'lumping on', well putting on a decent amount so came out of it fairly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

tinpib wrote: »
    Ya, a bit half assed though. I posted in the daily gambling thread. I had honestly decided to give up gambling permanently last night. Constantly losing, when the fun stops stop. I told my friends about the bets at around 2:30pm but wasn't going to back it myself. They didn't back them.

When the first one won I thought eff this and stuck a bit on a double which was 7/1 at that stage.

So nice to get a bit back after a horror show of a few weeks.

The thing is if I had backed them at 2:30pm I think I would have put on a very small stake as a patent or trixie, maybe as e/w. But because the first one won I ended up 'lumping on', well putting on a decent amount so came out of it fairly well.

what was the gamble?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

On topic posts please. Conversations about other things can be taken to PM, or other threads started if appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

3.20br freight train 5/2
    saver on ravenhoe same race 7/2

really think it'll be between the mark johnston duo

9th+10th :(

mailburner wrote: »
    just the one for me tomorrow at kempton
    odds 6/5

2yo65ud.jpg

almost missed him
    7.40kemp
    only 11/8

more dung

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Wick Powell 14:30 Musselburgh @7/4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

votecounts wrote: »
    Wick Powell 14:30 Musselburgh @7/4

No offence intended but to you just pick a fav every day and post it?

Chatterton 5:20 Wolves, not a fancy, my dad got a tip yesterday for it. I'll have a go!

7.20 tommy Taylor 10/11

Looked good winning lto, think I wont stop this one

A lucky 15 ew or yankee ew that may pay off sat.

SAIGON CITY running very well since upped to 2 miles and a bit unexposed at the trip.1 45 Ascot
    BAADI floundered in the mud last time but will do better on good tomorrow.2 20 Ascot
    HIGHLAND COLORI has a real good chance on form and goes well here. 2 55 Ascot
    SIR RODERIC keeps on improving and is a very big price at 10s in the 5 oc Newmarket.

The nap on sat is MIME DANCE in the 6 40 at AYR ,7/4 now but 2/1 may be available before race time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Sir Roderic has won me a few quid lately so i will mix a few of those in a trixie and see how they go. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement