Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Tapis Libre 14:35 Haydock @3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

4.15 gershwin 11/10
    6.40 Jay kay 9/2 ew

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

A lucky 15 ew or yankee ew that may pay off sat.

SAIGON CITY running very well since upped to 2 miles and a bit unexposed at the trip.1 45 Ascot
    BAADI floundered in the mud last time but will do better on good tomorrow.2 20 Ascot
    HIGHLAND COLORI has a real good chance on form and goes well here. 2 55 Ascot
    SIR RODERIC keeps on improving and is a very big price at 10s in the 5 oc Newmarket.

The nap on sat is MIME DANCE in the 6 40 at AYR ,7/4 now but 2/1 may be available before race time.
    BAADI let the side down,3 euro ew lucky 15 get a return of 162 so a modest profit of 72 euro.

mailburner wrote: »
    4.15 gershwin 11/10
    6.40 Jay kay 9/2 ew

These beginning to hurt
    Jay kay nailed on the line

ASPEN MOUNTAIN should win the 5 05 at the Curragh,fit and fancied the form is in the book and this fellow will surely deliver.

• Advertisement

David OMeara sends SUEDIOS to Deauville today for a group 1 over 6 furlongs on good to soft ground which is perfect for the horse.

Suedios was entered at the Curragh today in an easier looking group 3 but the £240,000 pot plus the more suitable ground dictated that they go to France.

Suedios is very straightforward and gutsy and I backed it ew at 7/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

ASPEN MOUNTAIN should win the 5 05 at the Curragh,fit and fancied the form is in the book and this fellow will surely deliver.

Id be inclined to oppose him, should have won lto if I recall Lordan gave him a shocker now up 6 pounds in a better race. The McCreery horse looks better handicapped, Bolgers horse could be fairly useful and Total Demolition won impressively at Galway last week. I wouldn't back Aspen at less than 5's to be honest(and you might well get that the way the market is shaping)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,155 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He's our Music 11-1 5.50
    Two decent runs of late over this trip. I think it can deliver a place at least here on the back of that.
    lil ew for me .

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Id be inclined to oppose him, should have won lto if I recall Lordan gave him a shocker now up 6 pounds in a better race. The McCreery horse looks better handicapped, Bolgers horse could be fairly useful and Total Demolition won impressively at Galway last week. I wouldn't back Aspen at less than 5's to be honest(and you might well get that the way the market is shaping)

Another race Lordan did not win on this horse when he was clearly on the best horse,you were right in opposing ASPEN MOUNTAIN,though he comfortably beat the "better handicapped" McCreery horse,Bolgers horse and the impressive Gaway winner Total Demolition.

The horse is clearly very useful and a furlong more and a more positive ride might make the difference and I have not lost faith in the horse.

I backed BLUE SONIC at 6s last night and I will have more on at 5s ew today.At his best around this time of the year and the winner of this race last year off a slightly higher mark on similar ground there is a very good chance he can win the 4 oc at Ayr.

Daniel Tudhope has ridden the horse 3 times and won 3 times and rides today.
    The horse finished 4th on Saturday in a similar race, over 6 furlongs (which he also won last year) when his jockey failed to get the blindfold off in time and he missed the break,before running on strongly.

As good at today's trip 5f it is clear that he is in good form and following the same pattern as last year is good value with the added bonus of Tudhope in the saddle.

• Advertisement

Little Nosegay 14:45 Wolverhampton @10/11

I backed BLUE SONIC at 6s last night and I will have more on at 5s ew today.At his best around this time of the year and the winner of this race last year off a slightly higher mark on similar ground there is a very good chance he can win the 4 oc at Ayr.

Daniel Tudhope has ridden the horse 3 times and won 3 times and rides today.
    The horse finished 4th on Saturday in a similar race, over 6 furlongs (which he also won last year) when his jockey failed to get the blindfold off in time and he missed the break,before running on strongly.

As good at today's trip 5f it is clear that he is in good form and following the same pattern as last year is good value with the added bonus of Tudhope in the saddle.
    Not given the most enterprising ride but then the race was won by a stablemate,still a small profit and the money kept from the auld enemy.

3.15 diamonds a dancing 2/1 pp (Money back as a free bet if your horse finishes 2nd to the SP FAV in this race)

Luduamf 14:45 Chepstow @5/2

ASSUME ran a blinder last time out behind CREGG PIPES in a fillies listed race at Killarney going down a neck and would probably have got up in another hundred yards.

The winner is very useful and went on to win a premier handicap worth 70 grand to the winner in Galway.
    Assume's trainer has not enjoyed much of a season so far and his horses have been totally out of form for most of the season but there are signs that they are running better now and if so Assume will be hard to beat in the 7 oc at Gowran.

The one to give Assume most trouble may be the 3 year old ADOOL trained by Weld and 3rd behind Decorated Knight in a group 3 at the Curragh.Adool will go off fav on the strength of that run but she was beaten more than 4 lengths and will have to improve again to beat Assume and I do not see any of the others being a threat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I'm chancing Dry Ol'Party in the 3.10 at Newton Abbott. Five visits here have been 22515, with both those fifth places coming in C3 events. This is C4 and a new jockey might eke out a bit of improvement, ground to suit so a bit e/w at 8-1.

Edit- Third, not sure what to make of how that race was ran, seemed to be jostled a bit when stuck in the middle of a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Noodles blue boy 5pm

TIME FOR MABEL is expected to go well back on the level in the 6 30 at Gowran,i backed it at 4s and am expecting a very good run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

For some reason Brog Deas Nua is sticking out for me in the 20.00. Quickest way to the poorhouse but sure a fiver e/w won't hurt! :D

Well that went as expected!

4.50Nt singyoursong 3/1 (boyles)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Two L15 today

rex imperator
    orions bow
    lawyer
    shanghai nights

Mishall
    Kimbrella
    Spyrt
    Valley of Fire

.10c ew

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Monna Valley 9/2 (Lingfield, 8:05)

This was the result last time out....

CoS9UJ_UkAQtQIc.jpg

Done on the line even though he went 1/20 in running on the exchanges

Jock with apprentice’s allowance could help nab the win today.

tinodz wrote: »
    Monna Valley 9/2 (Lingfield, 8:05)

Good win. Little drift made it a 5/1 SP :D

Intercepted 15:00 Chelmsford @11/4

Classic Pursuit 9/2 (Leicester, 18:40)

Step up from the usual grade he runs at (Class 5), but always gives a good run. Has been impressive lately and might be worthy of nabbing a first time Class 4 first place based on form.

Two sporting bets at big prices at Leic tonight trained by David OMeara.

SIGNORE PICCOLO 6 40 and STEEL TRAIN 7 40,both can be backed between 12 and 14/1 and have chances with OMeara's horses looking well handicapped after a quiet patch.

tinodz wrote: »
    Classic Pursuit 9/2 (Leicester, 18:40)

Step up from the usual grade he runs at (Class 5), but always gives a good run. Has been impressive lately and might be worthy of nabbing a first time Class 4 first place based on form.

Missed break, made up ground, but never made an impression near the line. Looked like he was struggling to find a gap near the end too, but not sure if he would have got close to the eventual winner. I'll probably give him a shot at this class/distance again depending on the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Damnit. Missed your tips Zimmer. Well done though. If anyone tried an e/w double you would have done very well.

tinpib wrote: »
    Damnit. Missed your tips Zimmer. Well done though. If anyone tried an e/w double you would have done very well.
    I had both in ew singles and an ew double,Steel Train had to be switched a few times when denied a clear run when Shelly Birkett had nowhere to go and would have gone close with a clear run at 16/1.

It could pay to punt David OMeara's horses at his local track (York) this week.

Many horses are now very well handicapped following a quiet spell and the win of MONDIALIST at the weekend in the US tells us that OMeara's horses are now coming to hand and I expect the stable to hit a purple patch now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

I had both in ew singles and an ew double,Steel Train had to be switched a few times when denied a clear run when Shelly Birkett had nowhere to go and would have gone close with a clear run at 16/1.

It could pay to punt David OMeara's horses at his local track (York) this week.

Many horses are now very well handicapped following a quiet spell and the win of MONDIALIST at the weekend in the US tells us that OMeara's horses are now coming to hand and I expect the stable to hit a purple patch now.

Didn't you do a stable tour there the other week?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement