Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

abarkie wrote: »
    Didn't you do a stable tour there the other week?
    I sure did and had a great time there as well as picking up up a few useful bits of info on how things are done in the yard.

York promises to be a great meeting and because there are 3 very competitive races I am going to invest a few quid on the placepot.
    1 55 number1 MOVE IN TIME has been running in group races but despite top weight can run well at a big priceNumber 15.LEXINGTON ABBEY is in good form and is my 2nd selection.
    230 is tricky with only 7 runners so instead of one banker I now have to go with 1 bear valley and 2 BEST OF DAYS.
    3 05 number4 IDAHO.
    3 40 numbers 9 and 12 POSTPONED and HAWKBILL.
    4 20 numbers 5,POYLE THOMAS,7,RENNETI (great ew bet) 9, MODEM.(I am reluctant to leave out SAVED BY THE BELL) but I don't think he is good enough.
    I have not finalised selections for the 4 55 yet but I will try to put them up before racing starts,i will probably put 3 in the placepot in this difficult nursery and if I do it will mean 72 bets,for those who like placepots the bet will cost €72 or €36 to 50 cent stake or €18 for 25 cent etc. 48 bets required if only 2 selections in the last race.
    4 55 race selections now finalised, 6 NAUTICAL HAVEN, 9 NAAFER,16 STORM CRY.

A few single bets for today,MOVE IN TIME 1 55 small ew,Hawkbill good ew 3 40,RENNETI good ew 4 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

postponed 7/4 3.40y

assume back out again today 15/8 6.50kill short enough, won at this meet last year beating mc guigan (also runs later)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Lexington Abbey 13:55 York @9/1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

tinodz wrote: »
    Missed break, made up ground, but never made an impression near the line. Looked like he was struggling to find a gap near the end too, but not sure if he would have got close to the eventual winner. I'll probably give him a shot at this class/distance again depending on the competition.

yep, i noticed that this was going big just before the race and a rush of money on the winner, but it was too late :(

never mind

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Are people concerned about draw numbers? Hugh taylor - It’s been impossible to get away from the effects of the draw on the straight course at York this season – the last nine handicaps have all gone to horses from the five lowest stall numbers, and of the 81 runners from double-figure stalls in sprint handicaps this year, only Discreet Hero back in May has won.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

racso1975 wrote: »
    Are people concerned about draw numbers? Hugh taylor - It’s been impossible to get away from the effects of the draw on the straight course at York this season – the last nine handicaps have all gone to horses from the five lowest stall numbers, and of the 81 runners from double-figure stalls in sprint handicaps this year, only Discreet Hero back in May has won.

draw and loading time has always had an influence to me.
    You notice that the faves are nearly always the last to load whilst the others are left "boiling"

No joy whatsoever yesterday and hoping for better luck today with a few big priced bets.

ROLY POLY ew 2 30 York can give Fair Eva a good battle.
    ALFRED HUTCHINSON 3 05 always runs well in York and was just beaten in this race last year and though Danny Tudhope prefers Firmament I will be having a little ew on ALFRED HUTCHINSON and I might have a saver on FIRMAMENT,(OMeara has 4 in the race).
    PANDORA in the 4 20 York is usually a slow starter and always finishes well,stepped up in distance today for the fillies listed race the lightly raced PANDORA is a very big price and I know this filly is well regarded by her trainer so I am having a decent ew bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

No matter about yesterday, you are doing well today. Keep them coming Zimmer!

Edit: Pandora lost a lot at the start but they went a slow pace so it didn't effect her too much. Then she got a bit bumped a bit on the run in and finished strongly as you said.

Good selections at big prices again today.

Another great days racing from York today and I am hoping for a winner or two.
    The 2 30 could become tactical with the small field and PALLASATOR at around 4/1 could be value bearing in mind the money back if 2nd to the fav offers available.

3 05 SO BELOVED has been laid out for this is a bit of value ew at 8s,could drift and has won over the c and d.It is a tough race and I would not back one at a short price,the 3 year olds FORGE and NEMORALIA are dangers to all.

The 3 40 is a great race and I believe GOLDREAM has a good chance at around 12/1,has lots of good runs over the c and d and will go well today. I will also back WASHINGTON DC at around 20s despite the draw and being only 3 could still be improving and I can't let David OMearas OUT DO go without having a fiver ew on at 100/1 or better,drawn 20 and with a bit to find I still feel he will run well and has form at the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭green n gold

Ivan Grozny lame this morning and out of tomorrows Ebor, shame because the forecast rain would have enhanced this ones chances I thought.

1.55 stars over the sea 6/1 ew

Nice double so far zimmer now for this 80/1 to storm home!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

what double?

akelly02 wrote: »
    what double?

Pallastor and beloved

ASPEN MOUNTAIN has let me down a few times and even though I would prefer a furlong further I have taken the 9/4 in the hope that Lordan will not get too far behind.
    If it remain dry in Killarney ASPEN should win the 5 55.
    Wachman also has the fav in the 1st,he is fancied as is ASPEN but I prefer the Joseph OBrien runner ew in the first as it showed a nice turn of foot last time when unfancied.

ASPEN MOUNTAIN has let me down a few times and even though I would prefer a furlong further I have taken the 9/4 in the hope that Lordan will not get too far behind.
    Wachman also has the fav in the 1st,he is fancied as is ASPEN but I prefer the Joseph OBrien runner ew in the first as it showed a nice turn of foot last time when unfancied.

Presume that's sweetasever as he has 2 there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Good call on both!

Followed on both and the result helps with the miserable weather in Killarney!

• Advertisement

yup again nicely done!!!!

racso1975 wrote: »
    Presume that's sweetasever as he has 2 there

Sorry about omitting the name,it was of course Sweetsaver who showed the nice turn of foot last time when beating a better fancied stable companion.
    I was rushing with the post as word only came to me that connections were finally happy that the ground was ok for the horse and I was trying to make sure boardies would be able to get on as I had tipped ASPEN more than once here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭munster87

Got word for Dollar and a Dream in the next in Killarney

Sorry the 7.55

Ebor at York today is a tough contest and I backed TAWDEEA at 16/1 PP,OMeara's only entry and would appear to be laid out for it and if the rain takes the sting out of the ground all the better.

OMeara runs 3 others at York and all have chances,CHANCERY,in the 1 45 has not looked in form for a long time but is now 3 lbs lower than his last win and a return to form could be on the cards.
    CUSTOM CUT 2 15 has won group 2 races in each of the last 2 years and has the form to take this group 3,good value at around 8s.

The one I really like is LATHOM in the 5 furlong 5 05 handicap.Last month LATHOM ran 5th of 19 in an all aged 5 furlong sprint at York off a mark of 93 when despite being short of room he finised only a couple of lengths behind THESME who ran a blinder in the big sprint on Friday and who won this race last year.

A16 runner sprint for apprentices would not appear to be the best choice for a NAP but now running off a mark of 91 against his own age! LATHOM is my best bet.I have already taken the 15/2 available with PP and I am confident that with any luck in running LATHOM will win.

SEA LIGHT so unlucky in his last 2 races can win the 2 25 Killarney and can be doubled with PERSUASIVE in the 2 30 Sandown 9/4 and 5/2 for a more than 10/1 double for those who like taking short prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

One i like today @ York in the 1.45 is Snoano.

Got too far back last time and possibly didnt want the ground that fast. Looks like plenty of pace on here and ground is right. i can see him finishing fast and getting up close home.
    Surprised he's 7/1 fav here, was expecting bigger but i'll have a few bob each way anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Bad!

A well known "face"where I come from has been backing Murtagh's newcomer in the 2 10 at the Curragh,11/1 was available this morning and is now half that,PORTO FERRO cost only 6000 as a foal but must have looked better as a yearling as it made 70,000.

The punter done his dosh on a first time out out 2y old,some punters are brave or foolhardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭munster87

SEA LIGHT so unlucky in his last 2 races can win the 2 25 Killarney and can be doubled with PERSUASIVE in the 2 30 Sandown 9/4 and 5/2 for a more than 10/1 double for those who like taking short prices.

Sea light's luck definitely changed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

great shout got the double at 6s,thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement