Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

HIGHLAND ACCLAIM 3 10 Epsom looks like a very solid ew bet to me,now back in form connections will be anxious to win before the well handicapped horse creeps up in the weights again.7/1 is a good value price.

Excellent call Zimmer, well done and thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Thanks Zimmer. Again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

HIGHLAND ACCLAIM 3 10 Epsom looks like a very solid ew bet to me,now back in form connections will be anxious to win before the well handicapped horse creeps up in the weights again.7/1 is a good value price.
    OMeara's horses now in very good form,just won the 4 oc at Hamilton and his only other runner today,RURAL CELEBRATION is worth a little ew at 8s in a 6 horse race,has won off marks in the eighties in the past and last win was off 84.

Rated 78 today and could be in with a chance as he goes on the ground,runs in the 7 15 Ripon.

MARBOOH,has his first run for his new stable in the 3 30 at Haydock,yard always does well and seems to improve horses from other yards.

Danny Tudhope seems to prefer Marbooh to Dutch Artist (who would have a chance) and the tip should be taken an ew bet at 7/1.

Ray Donavan should win the 6 10 at Chelmsford for the same yard and continue the good run of OMeara.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

stars over the sea 5/2 reckon could make all, easier race than lto 4.30
    gravity flow 9/4 4.10

singles

• Advertisement

MARBOOH was well backed but never travelled and was eased right down to finish last.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

mailburner wrote: »
    stars over the sea 5/2 reckon could make all, easier race than lto 4.30
    gravity flow 9/4 4.10

singles

of course greedy me did the double :rolleyes:

thanks though

racso1975 wrote: »
    of course greedy me did the double :rolleyes:

thanks though

was at that craic for years, bookies loved folks like me
    they have to work a bit harder to get my money these days (betting for the sake of it was never a good idea lol)
    Never did I think a time might come where I didn't have to have a bet everyday, never mind multiple bets

David OMeara sends SUEDIOS to Deauville today for a group 1 over 6 furlongs on good to soft ground which is perfect for the horse.

Suedios was entered at the Curragh today in an easier looking group 3 but the £240,000 pot plus the more suitable ground dictated that they go to France.

Suedios is very straightforward and gutsy and I backed it ew at 7/1.

The ground changed to good in Deauville and despite the changed going SUEDIOS ran a blinder to only be beaten a length and a quarter.

He has been trained for the Group 1 sprint 4 30 at Haydock and word from the course is that the ground will be good to soft by racetime.
    A fantastic field lines up and I am certain that SUEDIOS will go close and I have backed him at 14/1 ew PP paying 4 places.

I have also backed CUSTOM CUT at 6/1 ew in the 3 oc and he will go on any ground and has the class to win this Group 3.
    The trainer of the above 2 sends 4 horses to Thirsk in the 3 25,3 55 (very well fancied) 4 25 and 5oc and all 4 have chances as have a couple of more from the same yard who run at Ascot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

My place pot for Navan today

14.15 Comhghairdeas
    14.50 In salutem
    15.20 Ducky Mallon
    15.50 Red Sabor
    16.20 Crocodile shoes
    16.55 Wondersnevercease

Going to go ew on suedios on the above recommendation. Back to 12/1 with pp so still good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

13.55 Stratford

Seeyouallincoppers must be worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭munster87

Shamshon was given no chance lto when getting caught in traffic, should go well in the 4.10 today

singles/treble/acca
    walpole and von blucher ew
    only had about 8 picked altogether :o

egww2u.jpg

mailburner wrote: »
    singles/treble/acca
    walpole and von blucher ew
    only had about 8 picked altogether :o

egww2u.jpg

limato out

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Magic Circle 3.30 H
    Missed the 11/2 but had a nice e/w bet a 5s. Cant see him out of the places. Really impressed lto, powered clear impressively to beat a decent field and the drop back in trip and softer going right up his street and i think being off since July he's possibly been laid of for this.

Another i like the look of is Hathal in the 3.00H

Off for a while but that is not a problem coming from the Haggas stable and his best piece of form was his last run when he raced on soft ground for the first time, where he just picked up constantly there from over a furlong and a half out, just what i like to see in a horse, and won cosy. Step up in trip no issue and should go well in a tricky race.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Magic Circle 3.30 H
    Missed the 11/2 but had a nice e/w bet a 5s. Cant see him out of the places. Really impressed lto, powered clear impressively to beat a decent field and the drop back in trip and softer going right up his street and i think being off since July he's possibly been laid of for this.

Not best placed but e/w money landed.
    Would never have won but i'd call that a typical Fran Berry ride haha
    Slattsy wrote: »
    Another i like the look of is Hathal in the 3.00H

Off for a while but that is not a problem coming from the Haggas stable and his best piece of form was his last run when he raced on soft ground for the first time, where he just picked up constantly there from over a furlong and a half out, just what i like to see in a horse, and won cosy. Step up in trip no issue and should go well in a tricky race.

This worked out just as i thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Great shouts Slattsy

BumperD wrote: »
    Great shouts Slattsy

Cheers. Had a bit of time this morning to have a look at a few races and they stood out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

My place pot for Navan today

14.15 Comhghairdeas
    14.50 In salutem
    15.20 Ducky Mallon
    15.50 Red Sabor
    16.20 Crocodile shoes
    16.55 Wondersnevercease

Going to go ew on suedios on the above recommendation. Back to 12/1 with pp so still good value.

Pot went awry from race 1.

But thanks to Zimmerman for suedios. Got her at 14/1 ew.

• Advertisement

4.10y swashbuckle 9/4 skyb

There are a few out of form but well handicapped horses in the 2 30 at Musselburgh,one of them,MIME DANCE owes me some money and could run well but RASAMAN despite being 12 years old and ridden by a raw enough apprentice is the best option and is so well handicapped that he must be backed,an ew price and I cannot see him out of the money.
    Both of these go in the last at Redcar 5 20 and I am now at the stage I would follow MIME DANCE over a cliff (he is so well handicapped and owes me enough) I have to stay with him as I still believe he will win races again.

Not drawn well today I have backed MIME DANCE again ew and am hoping for a bit of a "touch" as poor draw may help the price.

The knackers yard awaits and I should probably go as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,155 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Demora 18-1 3.00
    Won last time out in April, if fit and ready it can place at least on this ground. Think ground gives it an edge here as it goes well on it

18-1 ew

Ice alert 25-1 8.25

I'm liking this for an ew evening snack .

Nucky Tompson 4-1 8.55

Can't see past this in the last. Think it will take favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Nucky Tompson 4-1 8.55

Can't see past this in the last. Think it will take favourite.

looking at that myself. Still fancy favourite but 4/1 is a great price

never in doubt for favourite, one to note down

3.40 spiritual lady 9/2 ew (4places bet365/channel 4 offer race also)
    4.50 hydroxide 5/2 win
    ew double @ 18/1

• Advertisement

Though Cadawill is the one they are backing, Summer Storm should be up there in 6.25 in Clonmel despite the weight, being backed a bit also, may be due to ground: currently 7/1

I am also going to do a small reverse F/C on these 2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement