Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Thanks he did it well and could be finished with handicaps now as I expect the handicapper to put him up at least 21 lbs and maybe more.

I had a good few quid on and it is good for one's confidence (as well as one's pocket) when a max bet runs as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

last time on this one welsh inlet in next

I have been on beautiful ben for his last two races,he fell when going ok in a novice chase and more recently in a handicap hurdle when he came down on the flat when travelling well.
    He was fancied on both occasions and well backed by connections and will probably be fancied again in a modest enough contest at 3 55 in Tramore.He will probably win this with a clear round and I will be backing it unless I hear he is not fancied and if that is the case I will post here by 2 oc.

David OMeara sends 4 to Ayr and with a winner for the last 2 days his horses appear to coming into form.
    BEAR ESSENTIALS 2 10,DANDYLEEKIE 3 50,TADAANY 4 25 and OPT OUT 5 oc all act on soft and a couple of these can put disappointing runs behind them.DANDYLEEKIES last run in hoy Curr handicap is a lot better than it appears he was drawn badly and eased when chance was gone,BEAR ESSENTIALS ran two very bad races on ground firmer than he likes but was a good 3rd over cd before that,TADAANY has been running ok as has OPT OUT and an ew lucky 15 for small stakes might give a return.
    OMeara, whose horses were out of form for quite a while this year will be anxious to make up for lost time and once they strike form they will clean up as most have become better handicapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Thanks he did it well and could be finished with handicaps now as I expect the handicapper to put him up at least 21 lbs and maybe more.

I had a good few quid on and it is good for one's confidence (as well as one's pocket) when a max bet runs as expected.

Ive bet on plenty of odds on faves and they dont always win, so I still think they as much of a chance as anything

• Advertisement

Ive bet on plenty of odds on faves and they dont always win, so I still think they as much of a chance as anything

I am sure we have all tried to "buy money"and it most certainly it does not pay,however occasionally an opportunity to back a horse that looks like it has a lot in hand comes up and when the connections (e.g Godolphin or similar type owners who are not interested in preserving a horses mark and are primarily interested in black type races) like Godolphin do not care how far it wins by (OUTRE MER won its previous race by 7 lengths and was probably due to go up a lot more than the 6 or 7 lbs penalty for yesterdays race).
    I fully agree with you that odds on chances do not always win but bets such as OUTRE MER do not come along very often and can lose!,but when they do I will always have my max on.It would be preferable if the price was bigger but when the form is there for all to see (unlike a plot) the bookies will not have it priced up too generously.

Sorry for the long-winded reply Sgt but I am just trying to put the case that all odds on chances are not the same.

I have been on Beautiful Ben for his last two races,he fell when going ok in a novice chase and more recently in a handicap hurdle when he came down on the flat when travelling well.
    He was fancied on both occasions and well backed by connections and will probably be fancied again in a modest enough contest at 3 55 in Tramore.He will probably win this with a clear round and I will be backing it unless I hear he is not fancied and if that is the case I will post here by 2 oc.

Word is the horse will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

You're my boy Zimmer! You're my boy!

Lovely so glad I took the 4/1 the minute I saw your post!!! Thanks so much!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 The_Taxman

4.25 Ayr

Lexington Times 25/1 e/w

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lozah 10-1 5.30

I like this to get off mark today.

1pts ew 10-1

• Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Understory 14-1 8.25

Consistent , wet close last two races

2pts win 14-1

Lots of good horses on view today but nothing stood out for me so golf took care of the afternoon and now watching the replays and wodering why I did not have a few quid on HIGHLAND COLORI,a horse I tipped here a few times this year and who won today at 22/1.

I did see one that looked like it could win tonight in the 8.40 at Newcastle,a winner over 7.5 furlongs 2 runs ago at Beverly and only beaten a neck over a mile on his first AW run at Newcastle under a penalty.
    MON BEAU VISAGE travelled strongly that day and looked the winner until going down narrowly close home.Dropped back to 7 furlongs tonight he looks a good bet,he could drift a little as he is not drawn on the favoured side but that does not worry me too much as he has the top rider at Newcastle,Graham Gibbons on board and the 2nd fav has had a lot of chances.

ah waiting on photo but not hopeful

Edit: should never have doubted you

Not a lot went right in the race for MON BEAU VISAGE but once he got a clear run he fairly flew home and would have been a very unlucky loser,might not have stopped winning yet and the handicapper might not put him up too much his turn of foot will always make him hard to beat.

When he opened on track at 5/2 I thought he might continue to drift but he came back to 2s,still another nice winner to continue the winning run.

A few early thoughts on Saturdays big handicaps,the Cesarewitch with 34 runners or more is always a real puzzle and one could select 10 horses and not have in the first 6.MONTALY trained by the inform A Balding has a chance at a decent price and SWEET SELECTION is well handicapped,some bookies will surely go 6 places and I will have a few quid ew on both.

The Coral Sprint is on at 3 45 at York and I am backing the game and consistent INTISAAB ew who has only one unplaced run in his last 6 and that was when hampered two runs back.Has fantastic form in all the big field handicaps this year and deserves another big win,a good bet at 12/1 and Shelley Birkett gets on well with the horse.

I will also be backing MUSTAQQIL ew. in the 7 15 at Newcastle despite top weight of 9 stone 7,he ran a blinder behind Luca Cumani's CRYPTIC at Kempton 4 days ago running on very well at the finish and this race will not take a lot of winning and at around 7 or 8 to 1 MUSTAQQIL is a good value bet.

And Zimmer is off to a flyer! Incredible stuff. SP maybe 14/1 not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Brilliant shout Zimmer what an SP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

O'Meara seems to hitting form at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Zimmer you are on fire , legend

• Advertisement

I can't believe what I have witnessed this week with your tips, Zimmer. This is an absolutely amazing streak. SP 7/1.

Edit: only myself to blame for just doing the first 2 as singles :(

Edit 2: 17:25 now I know why I didn't do multiples. With Zimmer picking 2 horses in one race I didn't bother. Of course one was a non-runner this morning but I backed them late last night. So I can't really blame myself, thank Christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

OMG! How many of us are now on a sweat on the 7:15?

I took Zimmers fancies in doubles and a treb. Thanks Zimmer.

Kettleson wrote: »
    OMG! How many of us are now on a sweat on the 7:15?

I took Zimmers fancies in doubles and a treb. Thanks Zimmer.

Not me unfortunately. Don't ask me why not. I'm a bookies' dream, love my doubles/trebles.

Excuse me for a moment.......bbbbllllluuurrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!

edit: sorry, to clarify after the first one went in I did an e/w double on the last 2. Should still be a nice win just not enough for a solid gold house.

Things are going very well today and while I do not want to be greedy I did back one more horse today.ALL ABOUT TIME is the horse and he runs in the 6 10 at Newcastle,he always does best in the second half of the year and I did not include him in my earlier selections because his last run when beaten a length into 4th was on soft and he has never run on the AW.

However he has good form on good as well and I am hoping he likes the artificial surface at Newcastle.I backed him ew at 8s before lunch and am hoping for a good run

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Things are going very well today and while I do not want to be greedy I did back one more horse today.ALL ABOUT TIME is the horse and he runs in the 6 10 at Newcastle,he always does best in the second half of the year and I did not include him in my earlier selections because his last run when beaten a length into 4th was on soft and he has never run on the AW.

However he has good form on good as well and I am hoping he likes the artificial surface at Newcastle.I backed him ew at 8s before lunch and am hoping for a good run

Going to use some of my winnings on this. Thanks buddy!!

Edit: never went e/w on this. Dang!!

A treble would have been nice for those who did multiples,i did 4 ew singles to reasonable stakes and had a very good day (that makes 4 or 5 good days in succession).
    For the record I learned after my bets were placed that ALL ABOUT TIME was coming back after an injury and might need the race so he is worth putting in the notebook and worst of all I was informed that MUSTAQQIL is a thorough jade and totally un-genuine so never again will he carry my money can win races but cannot be trusted.

For the addicts David OMeara runs the excellent MONDIALIST in Keenland tonight at 10 45,can be seen on ATR.Has already won $666,000 this year and tonights prize is about the same.
    He has unbelievable acceleration when coming from behind and is ideally suited by a bit further than tonights mile but will go close imo.A bit too skinny 3/1 best price with PP and I will probably not back him.I will be watching in my local and cheering him on with Danny Tudhope on board.

Heading to Limerick shortly and have not had a chance to look at the card yet and will probably hear a couple of bits of info there and probably will not get too involved unless I see something of interest.

I have backed one at the Curragh trained by Tony Martin and it is not PYROMANIAC who appears to be very well fancied and might well win,however I like Martin's other horse ARTFUL ARTIST 14/1 who has run very well in Killarney and Galway in his last two runs,has been raised 7 lbs by the handicapper but is still 10 lbs lower than his 2014 rating when he ran well in staying handicaps and could be a bit of value,best of luck to all and I will not be posting from Lim.It is a bit of social occasion as well as a day at the races.

Heading to Limerick shortly and have not had a chance to look at the card yet and will probably hear a couple of bits of info there and probably will not get too involved unless I see something of interest.

I have backed one at the Curragh trained by Tony Martin and it is not PYROMANIAC who appears to be very well fancied and might well win,however I like Martin's other horse ARTFUL ARTIST 14/1 who has run very well in Killarney and Galway in his last two runs,has been raised 7 lbs by the handicapper but is still 10 lbs lower than his 2014 rating when he ran well in staying handicaps and could be a bit of value,best of luck to all and I will not be posting from Lim.It is a bit of social occasion as well as a day at the races.

I'm half tempted to head out. Bryan cooper being out today has made me think twice on my place pot selections today.

Edit: I'm here.

ARTFUL ARTIST ran on well for 4th and made me a few bob in the process,punting in Lim was trickey but I managed to win about €70 so all in all not a bad day to finish off a very profitable week.

• Advertisement

ARTFUL ARTIST ran on well for 4th and made me a few bob in the process,punting in Lim was trickey but I managed to win about €70 so all in all not a bad day to finish off a very profitable week.

I lost all my gains on yesterday in limerick today but artful artist softened my losses altogether. Limerick was very hard today I must say. Only had one winner at very short odds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement