Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Typical Monday fare today in the UK with lots of moderate horses chasing end of season prize money.

3 horses who might give a return if backed ew in a Trixie are,
    SACRED HARP in one of the worst handicaps imaginable has been running to the same level and has a bit of a chance to go one better today in a race where only 3 or 4 have any sort of chance at all.4 55 Chelm.
    SENNOCKIAN STAR has dropped to a realistic mark in the 4 30 at Windsor and can win this despite carrying top weight.
    The very consistent MASTERSON has won over various distances but I think he is better at up to a mile and a half and with the ground to suit he has a chance.
    All 3 are ew chances with perhaps SENNOCKIAN STAR having the best chance,small stakes could provide a bit of interest for those of us who like a bet most days but I won't giving back too much of this weeks profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Thanks for taking the time as always Zimmer. Masterson is in the 5pm at Windsor for any loyal Zimmer followers.

A short priced double that might pay,WAR CHIEF 1 50 Sal ran well when getting the hang of things last time,looked as if further would help and now dropped back a bit but i am sure the trainer knows what he is doing and the horse will have learned from first run 6/4.FIRST VOYAGE ran well first time out and should come on for the run and looks to have a favs chance today 5/4 2 30 Windsor.

Frittered away a few quid today,small stakes but almost betting for the sake of it and that should be avoided.

Better racing tomorrow and OMeara has a few that could win going,will have a close look and post my view tomorrow.

Danny Tudhope goes to Leic to ride THAT IS THE SPIRIT who can follow up his recent win in the 3 10.He also rides TARAZ in the 5 15 and the Racing Post give this one a real chance,i cant back this one until he shows much better form.

BOND BOMBSHELL is an ew bet in the 4 25 at Muss P Vaughan gets on well with the horse and at around 10s is worth a modest bet,OPT OUT has a good chance in the 4 55,now well handicapped and likes the ground.
    Tudhope goes on to wol to ride COOL FITCH in the 7 15 and while up against an even money shot,if going on the AW COOL FITCH at the first time of asking has the form to win this.

• Advertisement

OPT OUT a good winner at 4s and if COOLFITCH had got up (would have in a few strides) my ew bet at 5s would have been nice,still another good day all in all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

TELLTHEMNUTTIN PTOWN 3.55;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

babyfact first in Bath

Moss Street 3 40 Bri has had an unusual career to date,ran 5 times on the flat in Ireland up to a mile then ran about 25 times over hurdles winning 3 or 4 times.
    Ran over a mile on the flat respectable back over jumps running well before running over 2 miles on the flat,then ran twice over 13 furlongs on the flat before winning over 10 furlongs 2 weeks ago.
    Has a penalty today but showed a good attitude and can win again today,money back if 2nd to the fav in LADS.

ALEJANDRO has been disappointing this year but has run some good races and dropping a bit in the weights has a chance today on the AW 7 50 Chel.
    It is 2 years since he ran on the AW but is more than a stone better off with PLUCKY DIP for a 2 length beating since they last met on the AW so is clearly well in at the weights and worth an ew bet.

Nothing else appeals today but a couple of decent bets seem to be there for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Moss Street 3 40 Bri has had an unusual career to date,ran 5 times on the flat in Ireland up to a mile then ran about 25 times over hurdles winning 3 or 4 times.
    Ran over a mile on the flat respectable back over jumps running well before running over 2 miles on the flat,then ran twice over 13 furlongs on the flat before winning over 10 furlongs 2 weeks ago.
    Has a penalty today but showed a good attitude and can win again today,money back if 2nd to the fav in LADS.

ALEJANDRO has been disappointing this year but has run some good races and dropping a bit in the weights has a chance today on the AW 7 50 Chel.
    It is 2 years since he ran on the AW but is more than a stone better off with PLUCKY DIP for a 2 length beating since they last met on the AW so is clearly well in at the weights and worth an ew bet.

Nothing else appeals today but a couple of decent bets seem to be there for tomorrow.

for what its worth, it looks like money has come in for Moss st and its now the fave

also greg wood of the guardian likes it as well

good luck all

"Moss Street (3.40) is more of a recent convert, having broken his duck on the Flat at the meeting here a couple of weeks ago, but he stayed on strongly to beat Purple Party a little more readily than the winning margin of a neck might suggest. Today’s field does not look as strong and he should follow up from a 5lb higher mark."

• Advertisement

Two seconds,ALEJANDRO might have held on if the gap had not closed when making his run and having to switch,the winner came with a strong run to win by a head,the good sp 8/1 meant a break even day.

Two good competitive handicaps in Haydock,ECCLESTON looks to be the least fancied of the David OMeara pair in the 2 35 as stable jockey Danny Tudhope rides USTINOV but by my reckoning ECCLESTON is the better of the two and I fully expect him to run very well, I will be backing it ew and am confident of a very good run.

The other good handicap is the 3 10 and I am backing ROUSAYAN ew who is overdue a win in one of these big handicaps.

Ultra consistent I cant believe he is available at 12/1 on his perpormances this season when he has never run a bad race. I am aware that it is a competitive handicap but ROUSAYAN is very good value at the price and I will be having a decent bet and fully expect a good run from this horse.

While ECCLESTON is still my main fancy in the 2 35 at Haydock there is one piece of form that means I must have a saver on USTINOV,Danny Tudhope's mount which probably explains why Tudhope chose to ride USTINOV.

On sept 2nd over CD USTINOV gave 5 lbs and a 3/4 length beating to EDWARD LEWIS who is a short priced fav for today's race and USTINOV is 2 lbs better off with EDWARD LEWIS which must give USTINOV a chance and at 10/1 I must have a saver on him.
    I do not like sending mixed messages but I feel that if I am backing USTINOV as a saver I should post it here and let Boardies make up their own minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

While ECCLESTON is still my main fancy in the 2 35 at Haydock there is one piece of form that means I must have a saver on USTINOV,Danny Tudhope's mount which probably explains why Tudhope chose to ride USTINOV.

On sept 2nd over CD USTINOV gave 5 lbs and a 3/4 length beating to EDWARD LEWIS who is a short priced fav for today's race and USTINOV is 2 lbs better off with EDWARD LEWIS which must give USTINOV a chance and at 10/1 I must have a saver on him.
    I do not like sending mixed messages but I feel that if I am backing USTINOV as a saver I should post it here and let Boardies make up their own minds.

Don't wish to muddy the waters Zim but would you give flying pursuit a chance in this race?
    I have him in my tracker for a while and fancy him in this.

Two good competitive handicaps in Haydock,ECCLESTON looks to be the least fancied of the David OMeara pair in the 2 35 as stable jockey Danny Tudhope rides USTINOV but by my reckoning ECCLESTON is the better of the two and I fully expect him to run very well, I will be backing it ew and am confident of a very good run.

The other good handicap is the 3 10 and I am backing ROUSAYAN ew who is overdue a win in one of these big handicaps.

Ultra consistent I cant believe he is available at 12/1 on his perpormances this season when he has never run a bad race. I am aware that it is a competitive handicap but ROUSAYAN is very good value at the price and I will be having a decent bet and fully expect a good run from this horse.
    The 2 in the 2 35 ran very badly but ROUSAYAN ran a blInder and was only just caught btn a neck and LADS were money back as a free bet.Another crossbar hit.

Course form is a real asset at Ascot and my 3 main bets today have form there.

QUEST FOR MORE 1 25
    FIRMAMENT 4 25
    JOURNEY 2 35 2nd in this race last year,all are ew prices and I will back them ew.
    I may have a look at a placepot and
    SHALAA2 OC,RIBCHESTER,3 10 and ALMANZOR 3 45 with the first 3 might be an option.

Ive been waiting for Brendan Bracken to return to Cork as I've made a good few bob out of him as he loves it there
    4 runs, 2 wins and 2 places
    Today in the 2:50, I expect him to do really well especially with Gary Carroll on board who rode him to win last year

I got him at 4-1

good luck all if on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Reassuring to see Zimmer picked two of mine (not copying, did these last night ;))

1.25 Quest for More 12/1
    2.00 Twilight Son 13/2
    2.35 Journey 15/2
    3.10 Awtaad 12/1
    3.45 Almanzor 6/4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Simple Verse
    Quiet Reflection
    Seventh Heaven (Nap)
    Hit a Bomb e/w
    Almanzor
    Donncha e/w

My Ascot selections for today.

BOOM Journey wins :D

• Advertisement

Ive been waiting for Brendan Bracken to return to Cork as I've made a good few bob out of him as he loves it there
    4 runs, 2 wins and 2 places
    Today in the 2:50, I expect him to do really well especially with Gary Carroll on board who rode him to win last year

I got him at 4-1

good luck all if on

good stuff, hope lots of you got on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Great shouts lads! Wished I'd gone for more single bets. Have a lucky 15 with Zimmers main 3 and Brendan Brackan, just praying Firmament can do the job!

Almanzor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

good stuff, hope lots of you got on :D

Cheers for that mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Ooooohhh!

Very, very unlucky that Firmament got blocked there, could probably have won it.

Still though, once again many thanks Zimmer! Had a nice e/w trixie on your selections.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

tinpib wrote: »
    Ooooohhh!

Very, very unlucky that Firmament got blocked there, could probably have won it.

Still though, once again many thanks Zimmer! Had a nice e/w trixie on your selections.

Did the same. Thanks again zimmer!

Course form is a real asset at Ascot and my 3 main bets today have form there.

QUEST FOR MORE 1 25
    FIRMAMENT 4 25
    JOURNEY 2 35 2nd in this race last year,all are ew prices and I will back them ew.
    I may have a look at a placepot and
    SHALAA2 OC,RIBCHESTER,3 10 and ALMANZOR 3 45 with the first 3 might be an option.

Had a good day,3 decent ew bets at 12/1 Quest for More 2nd,Journey 7/1 winner and Firmament 8/1 3rd,had these in an ew Trixie for decent money and had a tenner placepot with 5 legs up and only Shalaa letting me down.
    I will watch the dividend with interest.

RURAL CELEBRATION looks a blot on the handicap in the 6. 45 at Wol tonight,has raced off 96 and won off a mark of 84 last year.Now off a mark of 74! 67 if we take the 7 lb claim of young Vaugan (a very promising apprentice) into account.

17 lbs better in than its last run!! this one must be backed and it is not if the horse has deteriorated- last run was a 2 1/2 length 4th of 18 in a class 4 handicap at Ripon running on well at the finish.

Has been placed on the AW years ago and if acting on it tonight is something of a good thing and I have had a fairly good bet ew at 10/3.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Did the same. Thanks again zimmer!

Same here. Thanks bob.

• Advertisement

RURAL CELEBRATION looks a blot on the handicap in the 6. 45 at Wol tonight,has raced off 96 and won off a mark of 84 last year.Now off a mark of 74! 67 if we take the 7 lb claim of young Vaugan (a very promising apprentice) into account.

17 lbs better in than its last run!! this one must be backed and it is not if the horse has deteriorated- last run was a 2 1/2 length 4th of 18 in a class 4 handicap at Ripon running on well at the finish.

Has been placed on the AW years ago and if acting on it tonight is something of a good thing and I have had a fairly good bet ew at 10/3.

It wasn't a good sign when the horse drifted but he had every chance and seemed to me to be a bit reluctant to pass the horse in front and may not be in love with the game,glad I was on ew and made a small profit to add to earlier gains.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement