Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

2 at Naas catch my eye today

Imagine If is worth a decent e/w, should come be firing after good break. Ger Lyon won this 2013 and 14
    13/2 14:05
    Spirit of valour will probably take all the beating as the clear fave

My Nap is Alluringly at 10/3, now it got its first run out of the way

14:35 Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Newcastle 14.15 dealers choice 9/1 ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Made a good few quid yesterday and will not be giving it back today because I do not see any real worthwhile value,

I was going to have around €30 ew JAN SMUTS in the 3 20 at Newcastle because its handicap mark (60) and the distance is ok and I was not convinced by the first 3 in the betting,however with the top one a non runner there are only 7 runners and 2 places now I reduced my bet to €15 ew at 9/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Newcastle 14.15 dealers choice 9/1 ew.

Pity she didn't make 1st. Still have a few bets open and have almost broken even today. Sorry I didn't put a few more bob on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭justincasey

Indy 3.10 Pontefract. Was in the process of running a really good race when trapped behind horses. Handicap mark has slipped right down. Its now or never for this horse !! Never

• Advertisement

It is not often i will back one that was beaten 7 lengths over a mile lto but MOUNT MORIAH in 2 10 at Pon can win today was beaten by OUTRE MER who went on to win easily next time and is pretty useful
    John Berry the Newmarket trainer accused Godolphin of bias against female riders a few days ago in the Racing Post and now i see Josephine Gordon on one for Suroor in the 4 10 at Pon called TIMEKEEPING and it might be worth a bet.
    I PUT A FEW QUID EW ON reachforthestars in the 3 40 Pon and it is worth keeping in mind that LADS are money back alaces at Ppn if 2nd to the fav

Roscommon 3:35
    Irish Bulletin with Barry Geraghty on board

reckon the only danger is ruby walsh on mullins dream baby

I went a medium e/w at 7's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

Kapoww!
    Nice 7/2 winner to start the week .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

vandriver wrote: »
    Kapoww!
    Nice 7/2 winner to start the week .

Brilliant stuff Zimmer, but a bit of a sweat as it went to the stewards. Was anxiously following the in-running prices on Betfair during the enquiry.

We got there in the end though!

It is not often i will back one that was beaten 7 lengths over a mile lto but MOUNT MORIAH in 2 10 at Pon can win today was beaten by OUTRE MER who went on to win easily next time and is pretty useful
    John Berry the Newmarket trainer accused Godolphin of bias against female riders a few days ago in the Racing Post and now i see Josephine Gordon on one for Suroor in the 4 10 at Pon called TIMEKEEPING and it might be worth a bet.
    I PUT A FEW QUID EW ON reachforthestars in the 3 40 Pon and it is worth keeping in mind that LADS are money back alaces at Ppn if 2nd to the fav
    Got two up and I got TIMEKEEPING at 11/4 so happy enough,it took me 10 mins to post the garbled message due to to continuous message that page was not responding.I had a bit more to say about today's selections but lucky to get in what I did.

• Advertisement

tinpib wrote: »
    Brilliant stuff Zimmer, but a bit of a sweat as it went to the stewards. Was anxiously following the in-running prices on Betfair during the enquiry.

We got there in the end though!

I was on "double result" so once he crossed the line in front I was happy.

DANDLEEKIE 3 oc Newcastle has managed to win two class 4 handicaps this season at Ripon and Haydock and still gets in here on a mark just 1 lb higher than his last win.
    Ran a very good race lto and though he has not run on the AW since he was trained in Ireland by Ger Lyons he handles it well.

Way too big a price at around 7/1 is a very good ew bet for me.

One I backed 3 days ago is out again today over a furlong shorter which will suit and is a good ew bet again today.This filly won a class 4 over 5 furlongs last year off 84 and runs here off a 10 lbs lower mark.RURAL CELEBRATION ran a blinder over 5 furlongs two runs ago and is sure to go well here at 4 or 5/1.

My bet is 2 ew singles and an ew double.

One more bet today,THOMAS BLOSSOM 2 10 Exeter ran a very good race last time and might have won but for losing a shoe,useful on the flat he should win today as he is lightly raced over hurdles and is sure to improve.I know little about the rider but he has 1 winner from 7 rides and in this amateur contest he should be ok.
    Ali Strong the trainer is in reasonable form 1 win and 2 placed from last 6 runs,5/2 is a good price for the clear form choice and i believe the horse will win.

5.00 Newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Verygoodverygood 14:40 Exeter @9/4

2:05 Auckland at gowran park. Related to several winners and worth an e/w i reckon (15-1)

3:30 Newcastle, Spanish city, low price but then varian horses going well going off 76

2:05 Auckland at gowran park. Related to several winners and worth an e/w i reckon (15-1)

3:30 Newcastle, Spanish city, low price but then varian horses going well going off 76

smashing return on Auckland!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Cristal Icon 16-1 3.35

I like this for a place. 4th run and some money for it .

1pt ew 16-1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Nice one on Spanish city! Pity I wasn't online for the first one.

and Spanish City comes home the winner and actually got a better return than I epxected, so a pretty good day for me

hope some of you got on

DANDLEEKIE 3 oc Newcastle has managed to win two class 4 handicaps this season at Ripon and Haydock and still gets in here on a mark just 1 lb higher than his last win.
    Ran a very good race lto and though he has not run on the AW since he was trained in Ireland by Ger Lyons he handles it well.

Way too big a price at around 7/1 is a very good ew bet for me.

One I backed 3 days ago is out again today over a furlong shorter which will suit and is a good ew bet again today.This filly won a class 4 over 5 furlongs last year off 84 and runs here off a 10 lbs lower mark.RURAL CELEBRATION ran a blinder over 5 furlongs two runs ago and is sure to go well here at 4 or 5/1.

My bet is 2 ew singles and an ew double.

One more bet today,THOMAS BLOSSOM 2 10 Exeter ran a very good race last time and might have won but for losing a shoe,useful on the flat he should win today as he is lightly raced over hurdles and is sure to improve.I know little about the rider but he has 1 winner from 7 rides and in this amateur contest he should be ok.
    Ali Strong the trainer is in reasonable form 1 win and 2 placed from last 6 runs,5/2 is a good price for the clear form choice and i believe the horse will win.
    THOMAS BLOSSOM did it well and I am puzzled with DANDYLEEKIE'S run only started to run on late and finished well,didn't look to need further than 6 furlongs and was well backed and well positioned by Tudhope I will give it one more chance.
    RURAL CELEBRATION done the biz and another good day with 2 out of 3 winning and I getting a great price this morning.

• Advertisement

A cheeky win for Spanish City and Auckland looks the real deal.

The Ginger Berry 25-1 8.40

Has run many a race around here and always in the mix

At 25-1 its a decent ew I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

If anyone is still up and looking for oversea's betting.

Racing in Australia: Geelong Race 8, No 8

Currently 8/1 and owners very confident. Should place with ease at least.

Also, Saturday. Winx to win the Cox Plate. Horse is the best Australian horse since Black Caviar

In Exile wrote: »

Also, Saturday. Winx to win the Cox Plate. Horse is the best Australian horse since Black Caviar

Andrassy?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,547 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Cheers. Don't know you but I was going to throw a fiver on for the craic anyway. None of my bookies seemed to it up though :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Cheers. Don't know you but I was going to throw a fiver on for the craic anyway. None of my bookies seemed to it up though :-(

Consider yourself lucky. Opened at 8's, drifted out to 16's before the race and was awful. Led from the start and once the kick came 300 to go it just kept going backwards

Consider yourself lucky. Opened at 8's, drifted out to 16's before the race and was awful. Led from the start and once the kick came 300 to go it just kept going backwards
    There's €1.32 I'm never going to see againI'll keep an eye on winx though.

ALEJANDRO looks to have a very good chance in the 8 20 at Kempton tonight and at 9/2 looks a very solid ew bet,i backed this one a week ago when it was beaten a head and despite top weight can go one better tonight.

He was 2 lengths ahead of PLUCKY DIP and meets him on the same terms and should finish ahead of him again tonight.

PLUCKY DIP has run some good races off higher marks and will win soon imo and I am having a saver on him tonight ew at 14/1

I see PLUCKY DIP is in to 10s most places now,i am happy with the 14s I got and ever the optimist I had a fiver ew reverse f-cast..

a lot of money has come in for Alpha Des Obeaux and its a very low price and clear fave for the 14:05 Thurles.

Not sure if its worth it myself but Kilkishen may be worth chancing e/w despite falling at the last when in contention the last 2 races

However I will be having an e/w bet on Goulane Chosen who has a 45% place stat and come close a few times. 10/1

• Advertisement

I like L'attesa 11-1 3.45

With 4 places it's a decent show

2pts ew 11-1

Has run consistently of late

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement