Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Horse called Tessonna popped up in my tracker for the 8.05 at Dundalk. Had a promising debut over 6f at the Curragh, but then disappointed over 5f in the next race. Running a mile tomorrow, I'm interested to see how it performs. Hasn't ran since August last year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,408 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

vandriver wrote: »
    There's €1.32 I'm never going to see againI'll keep an eye on winx though.

Winx currently at 10/11 and 5/6 in European bookies. Been smashed today in Australia 1.75 (3/4) fixed odds, and 1.20 (1/2) on the Tote .

Whoshotthebarman in race 8 (the one previous) looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

UAE King is a well bred frankel colt from the roger varian stable and the 3-1 favourite 13:20 newbury

Maidens can be a bit of unknown but I will be backing this one to a medium bet

I will also be having an e/w on my wigwam or yours (related to recent winner my tent or yours) (Henderson horse)
    has a 50% place record and at 10-1 early price is worth a punt as did nicely treated on a mark of 135

3:20 cheltenham

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Was told the following two were well fancied today at Newbury
    1.20 UAE King and 4.45 London Prize

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

DRAGO has topweight in a poor contest at 8 20 in WOL tonight and is a real good ew bet at 9/2 as he is much better than this lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

DRAGO has topweight in a poor contest at 8 20 in WOL tonight and is a real good ew bet at 9/2 as he is much better than this lot.

Thanks for this zimmer. Had a few losses this week and this has softened the blow majorly. Maith an fear!

He did it well,did not look like a good bet at first glance,but I knew he was thought to be fairly useful and the opposition was poor enough.

I had a real good touch and put him up as"a real good ew bet".It was my only bet today other than the score ew I lost on the horse in the tips thread.

Gold return in wol 9.20 if anybody sees this in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Gold return in wol 9.20 if anybody sees this in time.

No, didn't see it in time but SP of 8/1, hope you reinvested your Drago winnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Niallers87

tinpib wrote: »
    No, didn't see it in time but SP of 8/1, hope you reinvested your Drago winnings.

Was in the paddy power shop at the time and they did double the sp on the winner; thanks for that

• Advertisement

I did not see it either but well done to those who backed it.

Niallers87 wrote: »
    Was in the paddy power shop at the time and they did double the sp on the winner; thanks for that

I did it on the pp app and I didn't get that. Ah well, my losses this week are shored up again thankfully.

A horse I was waiting to back turns up in a bloody claimer tomorrow night in the 6 40 at Chelmsford.FORT BASTION finished 10th lto in a hot York handicap.That run was way better than it looked because the first 9 home were drawn 14,15,12,11,16,20,19,7,17 with FORT BASTION next drawn 4 and the horses who finished 16,17,18,19 were drawn 1,6,2 and 3.

Only 1 of the first 10 have run since and the one who did run was the first horse home with a low draw BIG TIME,drawn 7 who was beaten a short head in a €16,000 handicap in Dundalk recently.

FORT BASTION would almost come into the "certainty" category except for the presence of ZAEEM who is the only horse with a chance of beating FORT BASTION.
    I will be backing FORT BASTION and I might also do a forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

Mellor wrote: »
    Winx currently at 10/11 and 5/6 in European bookies. Been smashed today in Australia 1.75 (3/4) fixed odds, and 1.20 (1/2) on the Tote .

Whoshotthebarman in race 8 (the one previous) looks good.
    Winx the wonder horse wins it!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,408 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Winx romped it, Barman closely second in the previous. I just missed the double

JACBEQUICK had no chance lto from an impossible draw in York and has an ew chance in the 1 45 at Don today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

some fantastic value prices in the 1.50 at Cheltenham. Couldn't believe I saw Theatrical Star at 10/1. Ran well in similar event last year and now wearing blinkers. I'll have a little dabble on both him and Zimmers tip Empressario.

JACBEQUICK had no chance lto from an impossible draw in York and has an ew chance in the 1 45 at Don today.
    Had a few quid ew at 33/1 horse finishes 5th beaten 1 length by the winner,4th would have been nice.

ALEJANDRO looks to have a very good chance in the 8 20 at Kempton tonight and at 9/2 looks a very solid ew bet,i backed this one a week ago when it was beaten a head and despite top weight can go one better tonight.

He was 2 lengths ahead of PLUCKY DIP and meets him on the same terms and should finish ahead of him again tonight.

PLUCKY DIP has run some good races off higher marks and will win soon imo and I am having a saver on him tonight ew at 14/1

I see PLUCKY DIP is in to 10s most places now,i am happy with the 14s I got and ever the optimist I had a fiver ew reverse f-cast..
    PLUCKY DIP is out again tonight in the 7 10 at Chelmsford following his good 2nd a few days ago and is worth an ew bet, PP are going 4 places in this race and I backed it ew at 8s.

A horse I was waiting to back turns up in a bloody claimer tomorrow night in the 6 40 at Chelmsford.FORT BASTION finished 10th lto in a hot York handicap.That run was way better than it looked because the first 9 home were drawn 14,15,12,11,16,20,19,7,17 with FORT BASTION next drawn 4 and the horses who finished 16,17,18,19 were drawn 1,6,2 and 3.

Only 1 of the first 10 have run since and the one who did run was the first horse home with a low draw BIG TIME,drawn 7 who was beaten a short head in a €16,000 handicap in Dundalk recently.

FORT BASTION would almost come into the "certainty" category except for the presence of ZAEEM who is the only horse with a chance of beating FORT BASTION.
    I will be backing FORT BASTION and I might also do a forecast.

If it was only this easy all the time,a very large bet landed at 7/4 (should have taken the 2/1 last night) and a rev forecast also landed that paid over 8/1,I love "certainties".

• Advertisement

If it was only this easy all the time,a very large bet landed at 7/4 (should have taken the 2/1 last night) and a rev forecast also landed that paid over 8/1,I love "certainties".
    I did the forecast.Cheers Zimmer

PLUCKY DIP is out again tonight in the 7 10 at Chelmsford following his good 2nd a few days ago and is worth an ew bet, PP are going 4 places in this race and I backed it ew at 8s.

When ones luck is in! backed it with PP and it finished 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Head Space is trying in the 20:40 tonight.

vandriver wrote: »
    I did the forecast.Cheers Zimmer
    Good for you ,we may may wait a long time before we get a race as clear cut again.

Good for you ,we may may wait a long time before we get a race as clear cut again.
    For a tipper as quality as you,I'll wait!
    (Possible bromance alert)

When ones luck is in! backed it with PP and it finished 4th.

Did it on the PP app and I saw nothing back. Did you get a payout on 4th?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Were you in a shop Zimmer? Maybe it was a shop only offer. I lodged to my PP a/c but luckily I saw they only paid 3 places so I went onto Betfair.

Great tipping again though, also had a small bit on the 8/1 forecast.

I backed it in the shop and I presume I will be getting it as it was clearly stated that PP were going 4 places.
    I will not be betting tomorrow-golf is the priority but I will post on mon re the 4 places payout.

tinpib wrote: »
    Were you in a shop Zimmer? Maybe it was a shop only offer. I lodged to my PP a/c but luckily I saw they only paid 3 places so I went onto Betfair.

Great tipping again though, also had a small bit on the 8/1 forecast.

Yes in a shop,i seldom have any kind of serious bet online now with PP as one will be limited very quickly if backing live ones.

The online account nowdays is for convenience and a few golf bets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I had it stuck into a place accum and got paid on it, it did clearly say place only four places.

Hang on, think I still have a tab open somewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement