Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Yep, place only 4 places, yet 1,2,3 :confused:

FiHfP4ol.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,547 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

There was a non runner. I never checked if there were originally 16 going though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

In Exile wrote: »
    If anyone is still up and looking for oversea's betting.

Racing in Australia: Geelong Race 8, No 8

Currently 8/1 and owners very confident. Should place with ease at least.

Also, Saturday. Winx to win the Cox Plate. Horse is the best Australian horse since Black Caviar
    Winx is special alright

https://youtu.be/Y3kAfJ-XWDA

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Zimmer

FORT BASTION and Drago, excellent stuff, enjoy the golf...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Back to business after a break today and surprised at the quality of tomorrow's racing.
    EL VIP is a short priced fav for the 3 15 at Leic,trained by the shrewd Luca Cumani the horse may have improved at home recently,but on the basis of what's achieved the horse should not be fav at all and is worth taking on.

EL VIP scrambled home in a maiden beating TWOBEELUCKY 1/2 a length and that horse has been beaten in a 4 horse class 6 maiden and a 5 horse class 5 maiden and was beaten 3 1/2 lengths by FATTSOTA in a handicap,in receipt of a stone.

HIGHLAND COLORI is a high class handicapper who has run two terrific races in the last few weeks,he has to give a stone to EL VIP but can do so and at 6 or 7/1 is my ew bet.

TAWDEEA is short enough in the 4 20 at around 2/1 but the David OMeara trained horse who won 3 races earlier in the season (OMeara also runs FATTSOTA,mentioned above) and should be able to win this.

JANAAB has run a blinder in its last 2 races and a 5/1 should be backed in the 5 20 at Leic a handicap for amateur riders over 7 furlongs and the very stiff Leic will suit this horse very well and he has an experienced rider on board in Easterby.

My last bet is a little tricky and some punters may wish to steer clear of NONCHALANT in the 3 25 at Redcar,now rated 65 he has run very well off 74 and if the OMeara trained horse does his best he would have no trouble winning this.
    They tried to make all last time over 1 and 1/2 miles and he travelled very well until dropping away to finish 4th in the last 2 furlongs.10 furlongs should suit better and dropping in class to a seller might do the job for the in-form David OMeara and looks a very safe ew bet.
    I will also do an ew lucky 15 for smaller stakes as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Appreciate the late night posts Zimmer, allows me to get good prices.

Tawdeea is in the 4:20 at Leicester.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

3:15 Leicester Knight Owl e/w

50% place record and a good second recently

3:45 Leics

Contentment

double

5:20 rebel lightning

treble

There was a non runner. I never checked if there were originally 16 going though.

Just for the record i got paid this morning in PP shop and saw on the screens where they paid double odds,12/5 on FORT BASTION.
    I did my bet in LADS and would not have got paid anyway as would not have left the price off the docket.

NONCHALANTa non-runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Just for the record i got paid this morning in PP shop and saw on the screens where they paid double odds,12/5 on FORT BASTION.
    I did my bet in LADS and would not have got paid anyway as would not have left the price off the docket.
    PP were paying 4 places in the 19:10 chelmsford regardless of how many runners, it was a special

• Advertisement

Didn't pay me. Must be just shops.

I certainly got EL VIP wrong and it is obvious Cumani has been able to improve the horse,Richard Birch tipped the winner in his column in the Racing Post (maybe he knew something). Whatever the case it is obvious today was not the day for HIGHLAND COLORI and he was reigned back from the start and only allowed to stride out when the race was almost over. the drift told the story and we may recover losses before very long

Given a very tender ride there is probably an end of season target for the horse and I will be keeping an eye on him.
    TAWDEEA done it well, I was on at 9/4 and I went in again at sp because PP was paying double odds on one race at the meeting and there were only 3 races left.
    My 3rd selection did not perform too well in a trappy handicap and I made a small loss on the day.

Best bet tomorrow runs at Catterick in the 1 50,when DANDYLEEKIE ran just a week ago I said I would give him one more chance and that I would like to see him run over 7 furlongs as he seemed to be running on after being outpaced,well he is not stepped up in trip and he is now running on a sharp track with less emphasis on stamina but I am still backing it because the key to this horse could be heavy ground.

Two runs ago he ran very well on soft at Ayr,won over 6 furlongs off 79 (off 80 here) at Haydock on soft and won in april on heavy at Ripon and with the leading jockey at Catterick on board-Danny Tudhope he can get a good position coming off the bend and motor home on the 3 furlong run in.At 5/1 he is a good ew bet as not all of these will be effective on the heavy ground.

TADAANY in the 3 25 is also well suited by heavy ground and on his runs last year in Galway on soft and in Listowel when winning off the same mark as here on heavy he is worth a little ew at the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Best bet tomorrow runs at Catterick in the 1 50,when DANDYLEEKIE ran just a week ago I said I would give him one more chance and that I would like to see him run over 7 furlongs as he seemed to be running on after being outpaced,well he is not stepped up in trip and he is now running on a sharp track with less emphasis on stamina but I am still backing it because the key to this horse could be heavy ground.

I like royal Connoisseur ew . All wins are in soft/heavy ground. Although not sure about the sharper trip. Will have a small ew on both now and maybe even a reverse forecast.

idnkph wrote: »
    I like royal Connoisseur ew . All wins are in soft/heavy ground. Although not sure about the sharper trip. Will have a small ew on both now and maybe even a reverse forecast.

Yea Royal Connoisseur would have a bit of a chance,particularly on 2014 and early 2015 form.
    Has always come up short in class class 4s though and it remains to be seen if the inexperienced Natalie Hambling can get a similar tune out of him again on this tricky track.

Best of luck and if I don't collect I hope you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

Anyone backing royal connosieur today,dont be put off by the nathlie hambling booking,i,m not saying she is a good jockey or a bad jockey,but inexperience is not a factor.she has had plenty of rides for fahy this season.

well done fella, followed you in there

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

well done fella, followed you in there

Iv a long way to go to catch up on the amount of winners you've given me. Hope there was a few more on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Cap McGinley FAR too short in Bangor's 3.15 and drifting (currently 6/4 from odds on). Sean Bowen is flying for the last few weeks (30% win rate in 20 odd races) and his mount, the progressive Court King (4/1) is getting backed at a course where betting market is more often than not telling.
    Won here before (penultimate start) and down in trip from a slightly disappointing 4th when short price favourite last time out in Exeter 3 weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Cap McGinley FAR too short in Bangor's 3.15 and drifting (currently 6/4 from odds on). Sean Bowen is flying for the last few weeks (30% win rate in 20 odd races) and his mount, the progressive Court King (4/1) is getting backed at a course where betting market is more often than not telling.
    Won here before (penultimate start) and down in trip from a slightly disappointing 4th when short price favourite last time out in Exeter 3 weeks ago.

2nd. Just left himself with too much to do on top weight. Thought he was going to get there after the second last but winner kicked on well. Favourite, as I thought, never showed up.

Money back at 4/1.

• Advertisement

6:30 Newcastle White royale. Back from a break when last won in June, yard going well

will be backing e/w

Very good pick and this girl might turn out to be another Josephine Gordon if she gets enough rides,i think she has ridden 7 winners before today and she may well have a future.I had some consolation when I got the place money as PP were paying 4 places on the 3 25 and TADAANY managed 4th.Just goes to show the value of shopping around.

PP didn't pay me again. I'll have to start checking which races are shop promotions. It's only down the road from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Just thought I mention it here.

But looking at the racing tomorrow one thing caught my eye is that Levin has a few being backed off the boards
    in Dundalk.

I threw them in an accum. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Also a sniff of a Curley plot around.

The 3 oc at Chelmsford is worth almost £30,000 to the winner and has the making of a cracking handicap that will probably be run at a strong pace with a bit of jockeying for position and it might just be set up for one coming from behind.

A few fancied ones have little or no AW experience and my fancy,BEARDWOOD has never run on the AW before.
    He has lots of good form in large field handicaps and was a bit unlucky lto when 6th of 20 at Doncaster where he was forced wide all through the race and hampered when making a challenge a furlong out.

He holds MITHQUALAL and BRIGLIADORO on direct form lines and also has the beating of RAISING SAND and VERY TALENTED on tenuos lines of form through other horses,Jaimie Spencer could be an inspired booking for one who likes to come late. At 12/1 he must be backed and with fitness assured (ran well 4 days ago) it is worth taking a chance he acts on the surface.I am sure he done a lot of work on the aw at home and Mark Johnston would hardly be running here if there was any doubt about it suiting him.I will be having a decent ew bet as I believe his chance is a lot better than 12s.

The other good handicap at Chelmsford is the 4 0c and this can go to REX IMPERATOR around the 7/1 mark as of now.REX has not won this year but has run 4 very good races in good 6 furlong handicaps,once thought good enough to run in group races he became disappointing until going to OMeara last season when he won 2 good handicaps and now seemingly back to his best is a good ew bet even though he has never run on the AW before now.

Luap wrote: »
    Just thought I mention it here.

But looking at the racing tomorrow one thing caught my eye is that Levin has a few being backed off the boards
    in Dundalk.

I threw them in an accum. :cool:

Johnny Ward @Ui_Maine 3h
    3 hours ago
    As part-owner of Deeds Not Words, tonight's gamble is amusing. I've been here before but this Levins "sting" *is* of the Sheena West variety.

5.30pm – Palavicini Run – 9/4 to 10/11
    6.30pm – Deeds Not Words – 10/1 to 3/1
    7.00pm – Bective – 16/1 to 6/1
    8.00pm – Rateel – 10/1 to 3/1
    8.30pm – Sixtyfiveroses – 9/2 to 6/4
    9.00pm – Havelock Ellis (RESERVE 1) – 7/1 to 3/1

Johnny Ward @Ui_Maine 3h
    3 hours ago
    As part-owner of Deeds Not Words, tonight's gamble is amusing. I've been here before but this Levins "sting" *is* of the Sheena West variety.

5.30pm – Palavicini Run – 9/4 to 10/11
    6.30pm – Deeds Not Words – 10/1 to 3/1
    7.00pm – Bective – 16/1 to 6/1
    8.00pm – Rateel – 10/1 to 3/1
    8.30pm – Sixtyfiveroses – 9/2 to 6/4
    9.00pm – Havelock Ellis (RESERVE 1) – 7/1 to 3/1

Could someone be playing games?

• Advertisement

Could someone be playing games?

Im staying well clear

This discussion has been closed.