Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Dundalk. A dangerous place to follow the betting in my experience! !

Dundalk. A dangerous place to follow the betting in my experience! !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

With a trainer with such a poor record. This could of been planned for some time.

I just want a bit of a sweat. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

From the trainers Facebook

We have a busy night with six runners at Dundalk.

We're on 16 winners for the year so far which represents a record year for the stable but anybody thinking we'll end the night on 22 winners is living in cloud cookoo land. Don't be fooled by your bookmaker!

I'm updating early today from the sales in Newmarket as I'm informed my runners have moved in price and feel it's important to update the betting public as to my thoughts.

Palavicini Run (R Whelan) ran a disappointing race at the Curragh last time out. We've dropped her in both trip and grade and she's weighted to run a big race this evening. My only concern is we are not 100% sure she'll act on the surface.

Deeds Not Words (D O'Connor) has done nothing but disappoint this year. He's off an ordinary mark in an ordinary race and I gave up fancying him with any confidence 4 runs back.

Bective (R Whelan) I thought ran quite well the last day and better than his finishing position suggested. 7 furlongs on soft ground wouldn't have been ideal but it was a valuable race and we had to take a shot. Dropping back to 6 furlongs in a maiden the intention is to ride him handy with a pair of blinkers on him in the hope this brings out more improvement.

Rateel (D O'Connor) is a horse I love as he's very genuine. Unfortunately I gave him a break around Galway time and he still hasn't come back into the groove and his work at the moment is moderate. He's better than that, and his time will come, but I'd be surprised if it was today.

Sixtyfiveroses (D O'Connor) is a horse we all know the story behind. I was absolutely thrilled the last day at Navan. It's a mile and a half today and Donagh will take his time and try to get there late. My opinion would be she's more than likely to come up short today but she has her chance.

Havelock Ellis (D O'Connor) ran a nice race the last day showing signs of his old form but needs to back that run up today. Depending on what mood the old boy is in will determine what half of the field he finishes in.

http://racecaller.com/horse-racing-forum/todays-horse-racing-tips/dundalk-wednesday-26th-oct-1477420599/post/828911

A claiming to be part owner of one of them is also slightly "suspicious/bemused" of all this going by this forum.

• Advertisement

http://racecaller.com/horse-racing-forum/todays-horse-racing-tips/dundalk-wednesday-26th-oct-1477420599/post/828911

A claiming to be part owner of one of them is also slightly "suspicious/bemused" of all this going by this forum.

Tiny lucky 31 w/o the reserve horse! What harm! Be some Craic here if pigs flew and snow fell in June and they all came in !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Broke my own rules,backed two horses who had never run on the AW just because their turf form was good.A bad call and paid the price,hopefully I will learn.

Deeds not words, in 6.30 boomeranged from 10/1 to 3/1 to 12/1!! Bective in 7.00, drifting out again, as is Rateel, as is SixtyFiveHorses.

It's all a bit strange!

I was finished punting and done my money when a friend convinced me earlier to back CREEPING IVY 8 30 Dun,he is reasonably well connected so I suspect he might have a bit of info.

I did not get it as a tip so I am posting it here,it was the way he put it that makes me believe he he got word for it as he was adamant that I should back it.
    A winner would be welcome and would just put me ahead for the day as I have €25 ew at 7s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Invincible Don for me in that race
    14-1 LB 8.30

Good record here. Hopefully runs well tonight

2PTS WIN AT 14-1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I was finished punting and done my money when a friend convinced me earlier to back CREEPING IVY 8 30 Dun,he is reasonably well connected so I suspect he might have a bit of info.

I did not get it as a tip so I am posting it here,it was the way he put it that makes me believe he he got word for it as he was adamant that I should back it.
    A winner would be welcome and would just put me ahead for the day as I have €25 ew at 7s.

Nice one Zim;)

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Thanks Zimmer. Saved my week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I was told a while ago to keep an eye out for Granny Biddy who runs today at Clonmel 17:25
    I backed it earlier at 8.4 on Betfair
    Currently 6.4 6.6 as there has been a little bit of money for it( not a huge amount of liquidity on betfair)

Stilll available at 6/1 with some bookies but most of the Irish are 9/2

Just two bets today,KIRTLING 5 10 has run well in his last two outings,winning one and running well under a 6 lb penalty when forced wide all the way after a slow start.Well drawn today I don't believe the start is too important as he is usually dropped in behind before coming late.

My 2nd bet is RURAL CELEBRATION who won very easily last time when I suggested he should be backed,won impressively and can follow up in the 6 40.

Both run at Newcastle and I did two singles and an ew double

well done again Zimmermania

Another winner, Got a nice 9/2 on betfair

thanks

"I don't believe the start is too important as he is usually dropped in behind before coming late"

it touched 8/1 on the start

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Just two bets today,KIRTLING 5 10 has run well in his last two outings,winning one and running well under a 6 lb penalty when forced wide all the way after a slow start.Well drawn today I don't believe the start is too important as he is usually dropped in behind before coming late.

My 2nd bet is RURAL CELEBRATION who won very easily last time when I suggested he should be backed,won impressively and can follow up in the 6 40.

tremendous on kirtling, lovely late run :)

A Likely Story in the 5.30 in Dundalk? Seen it mentioned on three different tipster sources today and it does look consistent, if anything!! A bit too consistent maybe (383333 ) but it has got to get there eventually surely!!

Nothing else sticks out hugely.

Being backed the last ten minutes also.

useless!!

Enjoy the winnings Zimmermania

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Double landed, you are a legend Zimmer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

Outstanding,Z

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Excellent again Zimmer, you're on fire, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Niallers87

Unreal stuff; thanks.zimmer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

lovely double, cheers! :D

Thanks guys,i am glad Martin Lane carried out my riding instructions to the letter ha ha.

I invested €100 exactly,€40 each on the singles and €10 ew double,this time next Friday I will be having dinner in the Maldron Dublin Airport before flying out to Faro Sat morning for a weeks break with herself, and recent punting exchanges means the bookies are paying for it.

I will not be as active on the betting scene from the 5th to the 12th but I will be checking the cards looking for a couple to back and if something appeals I will put it up

Heading to Limerick shortly and have not had a chance to look at the card yet and will probably hear a couple of bits of info there and probably will not get too involved unless I see something of interest.

I have backed one at the Curragh trained by Tony Martin and it is not PYROMANIAC who appears to be very well fancied and might well win,however I like Martin's other horse ARTFUL ARTIST 14/1 who has run very well in Killarney and Galway in his last two runs,has been raised 7 lbs by the handicapper but is still 10 lbs lower than his 2014 rating when he ran well in staying handicaps and could be a bit of value,best of luck to all and I will not be posting from Lim.It is a bit of social occasion as well as a day at the races.

ARTFUL ARTIST got the place money for me on that occasion but I believe he can go one better and win the November Handicap at 4 15 Leopardstown. With 8 stone on his back (KJ Leonard claims 5) he will take all the beating on ground he appreciates.

Usually humping big weights he carried 8 stone 12 pounds in this race last year finishing 9th when not getting the best of runs but only beaten 5 lengths.With 23 runners it may seem foolish to be confident about any horse in this race but I believe we will get a very good run from ARTFUL ARTIST.
    At 10/1 he is well worth a reasonable bet and I will be surprised if 5 places are not available in the shops at least.Tony Martin likes to plunder these big handicaps (has 3 runners in this but I think ARTFUL ARTIST is his best chance though his GOLDEN SPEAR is fav) and often uses a claimer so it is all systems go for this one.

I don't see much more for me today unless something catches my eye in the next couple of hours.

The 8 40 at Chelmsford has an interesting look to it and I have it down to 3 whose form is closely linked and because I cannot split them I might have a crack at the forecast or even the tricast.
    A full cover perm for either is 6 bets and could be a bit of fun for small stakes.
    MAMBO SPIRIT is a 12 year old who still has a bit of zip for 6 furlongs.
    BURAUK (main fancy) is due to win again very soon.
    LADY BACCHUS ran well last time and could be in the shakeup.
    A bit of fun for small stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Makzeem racing today at Newmarket today.

Faded badly lto but I think the drop back in trip and Atzeni on board he has a great chance.

I'm on at 11/4.

ARTFUL ARTIST 12/1 5 plcs PP

• Advertisement

ARTFUL ARTIST was nearly put through the rail after less than a furlong,took time to recover and ran on well to finish 8th a bit unlucky but stuff happens in big field handicaps so now I will have hope a forecast or tricast comes up tonight in the 8 40 at Chelm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement