Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

I don't see much more for me today unless something catches my eye in the next couple of hours.

The 8 40 at Chelmsford has an interesting look to it and I have it down to 3 whose form is closely linked and because I cannot split them I might have a crack at the forecast or even the tricast.
    A full cover perm for either is 6 bets and could be a bit of fun for small stakes.
    MAMBO SPIRIT is a 12 year old who still has a bit of zip for 6 furlongs.
    BURAUK (main fancy) is due to win again very soon.
    LADY BACCHUS ran well last time and could be in the shakeup.
    A bit of fun for small stakes.
    2 out of 3 including winner,Mambo Spirit(12's)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

vandriver wrote: »
    2 out of 3 including winner,Mambo Spirit(12's)
    3 out of thefirst 4 actually,but I have to pay for my own drinks tonight as I had my money on BURAUQ ew so just my own back.

If CAMDORA stayed at home I would have had a nice tricast,i have a soft spot for the winner who is still like a two year old even though he will be 13 in a few weeks and has the heart of a lion,has won 15 races and not finished yet by the way he won tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 salfordseven

You cannot talk to a horse although the whispers may beg to differ, If I had gone with my heart yesterday instead of my head I would be on a trip to Faro myself. Thanks for clueing me up on AA as I never heard his name mentioned the whole race. I believe the winner had been signaled out by Tom Segal since Thursday although my pals with RP subscriptions never backed him... enjoy Portugal Bob.

You cannot talk to a horse although the whispers may beg to differ, If I had gone with my heart yesterday instead of my head I would be on a trip to Faro myself. Thanks for clueing me up on AA as I never heard his name mentioned the whole race. I believe the winner had been signaled out by Tom Segal since Thursday although my pals with RP subscriptions never backed him... enjoy Portugal Bob.

Bob!!?,I will do my best to enjoy it but I always do and wont have to work too hard.

VENEZIA should have too much speed for the fav SLEMISH in the 2 oc at Wexford today and will be my only bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Bob!!?,I will do my best to enjoy it but I always do and wont have to work too hard.

VENEZIA should have too much speed for the fav SLEMISH in the 2 oc at Wexford today and will be my only bet.

Thanks Bob :D

• Advertisement

One bet today and I missed the price,ROUSAYAN 4 20 Kempton was available at 100/30 last night.
    Best price now is 11/4 so I had to settle for that in PP,LADS going 5/2.ROUSAYAN HAS NEVER RUN ON THE aw but is useful on turf should be ok as I am sure he does a lot of work on OMeara's AW gallop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

One bet today and I missed the price,ROUSAYAN 4 20 Kempton.

meeting abandoned

JACBEQUICK ran very well in 5th last time in a hot handicap,only beaten a length and a quarter over 10 and a half furlongs he looked a winner at today's distance and was just run out of it at 25/1,

The stable won this last year with the same claiming jockey Josh Doyle on board and the stable also won the race the year before .JACBEQUICK looks a good ew bet at around 10s.
    I suggested backing BEARDWOOD lto when he disappointed on the AW when he seemed not to like it,not without a chance in this contest I will have a small ew saver on him.2 40 Redcar.

COQUINE has been running well without winning and has a chance at the bottom of the handicap in the 3 oc at Wol at around 6/1
    HIGHLAND ACCLAIM drops down to 5 furlongs for the first time since 2013 (has run over 5 1/2 furlongs once or twice) and the drop in trip could be just what is required in the 3 30 at WOL, he can stay up with the pace and looked a winner over further last time only to fade in the final furlong so this sharper trip should be in his favour at around 5/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

9/1 Zimmerman !!!! Great picking again.

Lucky for me I backed BEARDWOOD at 14s 15 cent rule 4 but managed not to lose when 3 fancies bit the dust,if only JACBEQUICK was not in the race lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Lucky for me I backed BEARDWOOD at 14s 15 cent rule 4 but managed not to lose when 3 fancies bit the dust,if only JACBEQUICK was not in the race lol.

I backed the two others :(

but thanks and keep posting!

first race Notts 12:20 Rashfords Double, drops in grade and won last 2 races

Richard fahey colt

first race Notts 12:20 Rashfords Double, drops in grade and won last 2 races

Richard fahey colt

and we have a winner...hope some of you got on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

and we have a winner...hope some of you got on

good shout

One more

Colonel Frank 6:55 Kempton
    5 runs, 2 wins (including last month and has been upped for it) and 3 places

Colonel Frank 6:55 Kempton 5 runs, 2 wins (including last month and has been upped for it) and 3 places

I picked mutahaady in that race so I'd say yours is a certainty.

idnkph wrote: »
    I picked mutahaady in that race so I'd say yours is a certainty.

well good luck, I looked at that one but its been given even more weight than my one!

well yours got closer than mine!

Story of my life these days. Another 2ND and not backed ew.

I may start doing a few placepots

I put FORT BASTION up as a "good thing" last time and he won as he liked in a claimer over a mile.

He will be a short price to follow up in another claimer, the 5 50 at Chelmsford and may well hack up again but I will not be backing him.He won over a mile last time and might be better back over a mile rather than the 7 furlongs of this race.

Only 2 horses seem to have any chance against him -REGAL DAN and FREE ZONE and I will put a few quid on REGAL DAN who was only beaten 2 1/2 lengths when 7th in a good handicap when not getting the best of runs and the 7f trip will suit very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Thurles 14.25 teachers pet. Had a nice win in downpatrick two weeks ago on good to soft ground. I always have a soft spot for jps horses anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Thurles 14.25 teachers pet. Had a nice win in downpatrick two weeks ago on good to soft ground. I always have a soft spot for jps horses anyway.

Got this at 4/1. Hope a few of ye got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

Got this at 4/1. Hope a few of ye got on.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,408 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I put FORT BASTION up as a "good thing" last time and he won as he liked in a claimer over a mile.

He will be a short price to follow up in another claimer, the 5 50 at Chelmsford and may well hack up again but I will not be backing him.He won over a mile last time and might be better back over a mile rather than the 7 furlongs of this race.

Only 2 horses seem to have any chance against him -REGAL DAN and FREE ZONE and I will put a few quid on REGAL DAN who was only beaten 2 1/2 lengths when 7th in a good handicap when not getting the best of runs and the 7f trip will suit very well.

FORT BASTION
    REGAL DAN
    FREE ZONE

My selections for today

Down Royal
    12:45 Monbeg Notorious
    1:15 Shattered love to beat the fave

1:45 Hexham
    Willie Boy

singles and treble

good luck all today

One more... 7:20 Newcastle Enjoy Life for the hat trick

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

My selections for today

Down Royal
    12:45 Monbeg Notorious
    1:15 Shattered love to beat the fave

1:45 Hexham
    Willie Boy

singles and treble

good luck all today

One more... 7:20 Newcastle Enjoy Life for the hat trick

First one looked beaten there at the end until the other one fell.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Going to the dog track in limerick now.

Any tips??

Going to the dog track in limerick now.

Any tips??

bit late, you missed most of the races including odds on fastest dog... princess

20:10 No 6 keeperhill ebony
    20: 25 No 1 lissatouk dolly
    20:55 No1 honeypund badger

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭osullic

Anything worth doing in Cork today?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Thanks guys,i am glad Martin Lane carried out my riding instructions to the letter ha ha.

I invested €100 exactly,€40 each on the singles and €10 ew double,this time next Friday I will be having dinner in the Maldron Dublin Airport before flying out to Faro Sat morning for a weeks break with herself, and recent punting exchanges means the bookies are paying for it.

I will not be as active on the betting scene from the 5th to the 12th but I will be checking the cards looking for a couple to back and if something appeals I will put it up

Enjoy the hols Zimmer...

• Advertisement

Vincenzo Coccotti chelmsford 7:25. 10-1 so going each way but reckon it has a chance of making the money

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement