Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

DOGMA ran better than expected last time when just caught by BESS OF HARDWICK over a furlong further.French trained,she went off at 25/1 that day having her first run fo 3 months.

If a bit fitter today she can beat BESS on two pounds better over a furlong shorter than at Lingfield last time.At 14/1 generally she might be worth a little ew PP going 4 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Aurora1966 wrote: »
    Kempton 6.55 - Im putting up CHEMICAL CHARGE today. Holds outstanding claims here, back from a stint in Ireland with Ger Lyons. This 4 year old colt out of Sea the Stars ran 2nd to Royal Ascot winner Portage at the Curragh in June finishing ahead of Aidan's Sir Isaac Newton that day. Next outing Sir Isaac reversed the form with a 3/4 length victory in a Group 3. His final run in Ireland came at Roscommon where he finished 2nd to a decent one of John Ox's which clearly relished the heavy ground that day. CHEMICAL CHARGE finished ahead of the well touted Simannka of Dermot Weld on that occasion. In conclusion, this horse is a must each way bet @ 6-1 tonight on the all weather, the only drawback I have is his wide draw of 12 but his undoubted class can see him go very close here.

My God I hope you are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

tinpib wrote: »
    My God I hope you are right.

Good shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Good shout.

For a few seconds I thought he had it. My heart....

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

So did I, well he ran well all the same, keep an eye on him, there is races in him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

In the 1.05 Towcester COR WOT AN APPLE has a big shout if he manages to get over the 1st fence! On chase debut he blundered and unseated Wayne Hutchinson. Formerly with Colin Tizzard he has switched to Neil Mulholland. The Mulholland yard were flying then and with Hutchinson up on chase debut suggested they meant business that day and the horse was ready. Today the very capable James King is up and I expect a huge run from him at 12-1, a decent ew bet is advised.

The progressive VERYGOODVERYGOOD runs in the 1.35bTowcester. On the upgrade and is sure to be winning again today.

In the 5.25 at Chelmsford AL MAYDA looks to be the one to be on with Josephine Gordon on for Hugo Palmer. Only beaten a length into 3rd on debut suggests she will be bang there 7-2 is overpriced i think.

Finally in 3.10 Thurles, MOSSY ISLAND ridden by Luke Dempsey can get on the scoresheet again. With only 1 win in 15 attempts hurdling his last 2 runs in large fields he has come 2nd at Fairyhouse and Ballinrobe. He must be given an each way chance for a top 4 finish. He finished ahead of Canny Tom at Fairyhouse last time and he is favourite in the 2.35 the race before this so keep an eye on that race to see how his form stacks up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Only one tonight and that is in the 19:55 Chelmsford.... Tommys Secret 7/2 good draw and below last winning mark (although not won since last year) but signs of progression this year and really picked up of late

Great run last time out over CD and I fancy he will go on and win tonight, just hope rebel state, another close runner up doesnt beat him

One bet today,€30 ew @9/2 REYNARDO DE SILVER will be well suited by the step up in trip and could be very well handicapped after 3 runs over distances way too short and ran on really well last time suggesting he might have a bit in hand over further.

I will be shocked if not there at the business end as there are very few races for 2 year olds over 1 1/4 miles.

16:55 at Chelmsford.

One bet today,€30 ew @9/2 REYNARDO DE SILVER will be well suited by the step up in trip and could be very well handicapped after 3 runs over distances way too short and ran on really well last time suggesting he might have a bit in hand over further.

I will be shocked if not there at the business end as there are very few races for 2 year olds over 1 1/4 miles.

16:55 at Chelmsford.

Jockey runs into trouble even though there was only one horse on his outside when he switched out when staying on well,i am certainly out of luck and glad I am not having too many bets,maybe the soccer will be kinder tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

All over Stiletto today at Newbury.

Most horses probably don't improve once the leave PN - but I don't think he has to to win this on bits and pieces of form from last year. Def well ahead of handicapper imo.

• Advertisement

My poor run continues and I am wise to restrict myself to mainly one bet per day (double up when going well and double down when going bad).

VOLUNTEER POINT may snap the bad run and I have €50 on at 9/4 with Lads,has to come from behind and can qualify for the good Friday Lingfield meeting with a win in the 6 15 Wol a contest that has only 2 or 3 with any sort of chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

My poor run continues and I am wise to restrict myself to mainly one bet per day (double up when going well and double down when going bad).

VOLUNTEER POINT may snap the bad run and I have €50 on at 9/4 with Lads,has to come from behind and can qualify for the good Friday Lingfield meeting with a win in the 6 15 Wol a contest that has only 2 or 3 with any sort of chance.

Won that well,thanks zimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Niallers87

READY runs in the 6 45 at Wol,SUNGLIDER did not do anything for the form but it could be the case that SUNGLIDER will always shirk it a bit in a finish and I give READY a good chance.

Sunglider just popped up there to win the 7:15😠😠😠

BEARDWOOD just beat a horse called READY a couple of days ago in a class 3 handicap when I suggested backing him.In his previous race READY won a class 4 handicap beating SUNGLIDER by just over 2 lengths,SUNGLIDER looked a winner that day and was eased a bit when caught late by READY.

SUNGLIDER runs in one of the worst maidens I have seen this year and the only possible danger is the fav ISSUE who disappointed last time and may not be too busy having his 3rd run. It is possible that LADS will be offering money back as a free bet if 2nd or 3rd to the fav at this meeting and if so SUNGLIDER is a maximum bet.Make sure to use a number of Lads offices as €25 is the max back.
    If this offer is not available SUNGLIDER is still a very strong bet,runs in the 1 55 at Newcastle.

In the 1 25 at the same meeting HIGHLAND ACCLAIM is an ew bet ,has run two very good races from the front recently but won all his 4 races coming late and with a lot of pace in the race I hope he does not go to the front until the final furlong.

SUNGLIDER beaten in the weak maiden and runs on really well tonight in a much tougher race,it is tough to take but that's racing.

MYTHICAL MADNESS is having his first run for OMeara in the 7 15 at Wol tomorrow after being claimed out of a race week ago when he gave 2 lbs and a 2 length beating to the good yardstick READY,MYTHICAL MADNESS was having his first run for almost a year and can only improve.

On his previous run he was beaten a head by VOLUNTEER POINT (won today) with the useful FIRMAMENT a neck behind GETTING 8 LBS.It is likely he will improve again and if so will take all the beating and I have backed it already ew at 6/1 with PP.

I had thought JACBEQUICK had enough for the season until his last run behind BEARDWOOD whom I fancied and duly obliged in a better race than this.JACBEQUICK also ran a blinder when 5th of 20 behind LAURENCE in Newmarket and has a great chance in the 7 45 at Wol.

Reasonably well handicapped and a useful 5 lb claimer on board he looks great value at the 8/1 available and I have backed it ew.The only problem is the mile and a half trip,he has never won over that far before (ran a fairly reasonable 3 rd on his only run) and while he has been staying on over 10 and a half furlongs I cannot be certain he will stay but my gut feeling is that he will and I have taken the chance that he will give OMeara a double

DEFINITLY RED Newcastle 4:30
    lovely horse and will be surprised if it doesn't win

Will be chancing a small e/w on Mirsaale in the 14;55 Newcastle despite its 40-1 price
    Ridden by Hughes again, form actually reads 1132, the last 2 places were both in Grade 2
    SCEAU ROYAL will win the race I think

3:10 Newbury SAPHIR DU RHEU is another value e/w bet I reckon with the inform Native River my other bet in the race.
    SAPHIR DU RHEU is an established chaser and they have won 5 times in recent season over 2nd season novices

EDIT from greg wood..worth a small e/w I reckon
    the one to back today is surely Vicente, the Scottish National winner, at the widely available 20-1.

Vicente gave 8lb and a two-and-three-quarter length beating to Un Temps Pour Tout at Cheltenham last November, yet is set to carry 7lb less than that rival today, despite the win at Ayr which rounded off a very satisfactory novice season. His fitness is unproven, but Paul Nicholls, his trainer, is hardly known for leaving his horses short of work before a major race.

14:05 My NAP is Born Survior
    Skelton is 2/4 wins and 75% place recently. Course and conditions will suit. Onefitzall is the danger I reckon along with Robinshill
    but I really like Born Survior

I also really like zimmers MYTHICAL MADNESS and will be having a nice e/w on it

good luck all

I was surprised to find JACBEQUICK freely available at 11/1 today which suggests that bookmakers believe he may not stay so I backed it again with Lads who are money back if 2nd or 3rd to the fav all races Wol (usual conditions). and I also increased my bet on MYTHICAL MADNESS though the 6s has gone and 5s is the best available.

I backed THEATRE GUIDE at 16s in the 3 10 at Newbury who has been 2nd and 3rd in this race and seems sure to run well, 5 places PP.

DEFINITLY RED Newcastle 4:30
    lovely horse and will be surprised if it doesn't win

Will be chancing a small e/w on Mirsaale in the 14;55 Newcastle despite its 40-1 price
    Ridden by Hughes again, form actually reads 1132, the last 2 places were both in Grade 2
    SCEAU ROYAL will win the race I think

3:10 Newbury SAPHIR DU RHEU is another value e/w bet I reckon with the inform Native River my other bet in the race.
    SAPHIR DU RHEU is an established chaser and they have won 5 times in recent season over 2nd season novices

EDIT from greg wood..worth a small e/w I reckon
    the one to back today is surely Vicente, the Scottish National winner, at the widely available 20-1.

Vicente gave 8lb and a two-and-three-quarter length beating to Un Temps Pour Tout at Cheltenham last November, yet is set to carry 7lb less than that rival today, despite the win at Ayr which rounded off a very satisfactory novice season. His fitness is unproven, but Paul Nicholls, his trainer, is hardly known for leaving his horses short of work before a major race.

14:05 My NAP is Born Survior
    Skelton is 2/4 wins and 75% place recently. Course and conditions will suit. Onefitzall is the danger I reckon along with Robinshill
    but I really like Born Survior

I also really like zimmers MYTHICAL MADNESS and will be having a nice e/w on it

good luck all

well what a disappointing day, DEFINITLY RED only managed 3rd
    onefitzall did indeed win ahead of my selection (4th)
    and others fell

the only saver who paid for all this defeat was Native river, so I hope so of you were at least on that!

I was surprised to find JACBEQUICK freely available at 11/1 today which suggests that bookmakers believe he may not stay so I backed it again with Lads who are money back if 2nd or 3rd to the fav all races Wol (usual conditions). and I also increased my bet on MYTHICAL MADNESS though the 6s has gone and 5s is the best available.

I backed THEATRE GUIDE at 16s in the 3 10 at Newbury who has been 2nd and 3rd in this race and seems sure to run well, 5 places PP.

cheers zimmer, saved my day again, I had a large on mythical getting a place and managed to 2.5 times my money stake which is pretty good for 2nd and place betting only...probably shown have just gone each way at 7-1 but I'm happy enough

What a difference a nose makes! €25 ew JACBEQUICK 18/1, the same on the unlucky MYTHICAL MADNESS 7/1 and a tenner ew double the two and lost my tenner ew on THEATRE GUIDE who ran ok,so not a bad day at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Put €10 EW on BIGBADJOHN 12.55 at Newbury, forgot to write the odds on the slip :o, got my money back and some change though.

14.10 Ludlow Bendomingo
    15:10 Ludlow Boher Lad

singles and double

14.10 Ludlow Bendomingo
    15:10 Ludlow Boher Lad

singles and double

3rd and 2nd...yuk!

I posted all the reasons why CADLAND LAD would win the 4 50 at Newcastle last night and not for the first time it did not appear here,i can't do it all again but he is closely matched with Justice Pleasing and Mr Potter and because of his willing attitude and his rider's claim he can come out on top in this low grade race.

He was 7/1 last night and is now 5/1 but the fact that CADLAND LAD is genuine and responds well to a couple of slaps suggests he is worth backing.I am on ew and his last run when 3 lengths behind the winner over 6 furlongs was not too bad and he is suited by today's 7.

I thought CADLAND LAD might win for a while but 3rd at 8s means a profit. I had the race between 3, the winner MR POTTER was mentioned by me as was was the 6th horse home.

TARSEEKH trained by Roger Varian cost 320,000 gns and will be all the rage for the 12.10 at Ling.Only had one run 175 days ago and did not set the world alight with a modest enough 4th place in a class 5 maiden at Haydock btn 8 1/2 lengths.

The 2nd fav tomorrow is SENSES OF DUBAI who has run ok in 6 maiden runs and is rated 74.
    One that interests me is NEW SIGNAL who played up before the start in his first run finishing 3rd in a 7 furlong maiden at Thirsk.

The form of that race has worked out well with the 6th winning a class 5,the 5th winning two class 6s one class5 and 3rd in a good class 4,the 4th ran well in 3 class 5s winning one and the 2nd finished 2nd in his only run since.

NEW SIGNAL appeared not to run as well in his next race finishing a well beaten 3rd behind an even money and a 5/4 shot but pulling well clear of the rest.
    Off for two months, I am hoping he was gelded in the meantime though he may have been a gelding for his first two runs,i just don't know,nor do I know if his trainer has handicaps in mind for the horse because if he does he may not be fully tuned for this.

I am hoping he is trying for his life and at the 9/1 available I will back NEW SIGNAL ew because on the basis of his first run he could be very useful.

The last race on the Lingfield card,the 3 40 is a very poor class 6 for amateur riders and the fav is a horse who was unplaced at odds on when last seen in a bad hurdle race at Los Landes (Jersey) a quaint track where 3rd rate horses gallop around for small prizemoney.

MASTER BURBRIDGE is the horse and while he did win on his last flat run it was a bit of an "egg and spoon" race.

The one I am backing is DLTRIPLESEVEN who has won on the track and is very game,keeps on well in all his races and is guaranteed to stay. A 3 year old getting 12lb from the fav,the Richard Hughes trained horse probably has more improvement in him and is a strong bet in a very weak contest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

TARSEEKH trained by Roger Varian cost 320,000 gns and will be all the rage for the 12.10 at Ling.Only had one run 175 days ago and did not set the world alight with a modest enough 4th place in a class 5 maiden at Haydock btn 8 1/2 lengths.

The 2nd fav tomorrow is SENSES OF DUBAI who has run ok in 6 maiden runs and is rated 74.
    One that interests me is NEW SIGNAL who played up before the start in his first run finishing 3rd in a 7 furlong maiden at Thirsk.

The form of that race has worked out well with the 6th winning a class 5,the 5th winning two class 6s one class5 and 3rd in a good class 4,the 4th ran well in 3 class 5s winning one and the 2nd finished 2nd in his only run since.

NEW SIGNAL appeared not to run as well in his next race finishing a well beaten 3rd behind an even money and a 5/4 shot but pulling well clear of the rest.
    Off for two months, I am hoping he was gelded in the meantime though he may have been a gelding for his first two runs,i just don't know,nor do I know if his trainer has handicaps in mind for the horse because if he does he may not be fully tuned for this.

I am hoping he is trying for his life and at the 9/1 available I will back NEW SIGNAL ew because on the basis of his first run he could be very useful.

Both New Signal and Senses of Dubai now down as non-runners on Ladbrokes.

TrueDub wrote: »
    Both New Signal and Senses of Dubai now down as non-runners on Ladbrokes.

Nothing left to do except get stuck into DLTRIPLESEVEN so.

• Advertisement

Italian Riviera Catterick 1pm (won 13/8)

master the world Lingfield 13:40 (2nd)
    Isharah Lingfield 2:40 (2nd)

Twenty Eight Guns Ffos las 15:20 (tom scudamore 3 winners from last 6)... (saver on Copper birch)
    (2nd)

singles

so close on 28 guns, but managed a winner so not too bad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement