Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of moving with my partner

Options
  • 03-06-2015 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello all,

I have an issue concerning OPF. My OPF is finishing at the end of July as my child will be reaching the age of 9. I have had a partner for 5 years and now we are thinking of moving to a new house together. I have been working casual hours now and then and always letting the system know, etc. My concern is that If I stay on my own I will continue with the new Job seekers allowance and with the medical card. If I move, I do not know where to go from there. I want to move and I want to get out of the OPF, but I am really scared that I will be in trouble financially, I do not know what hours i ll be working if any, from September onwards as I teach part-time in some places, but it is never the same hours. What options do I have regarding payments? What about if living together with my partner doesn't work? Would I be entitled to FIS? These are a lot of questions I know, but I am actually really worried as I do not have family or support nearby. Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement