Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiling Large Kitchen/Diner floor

Options
  • 03-06-2015 9:35pm

Hi guys,

Looking for some advice/opinion on the tiling of a large room in our semi-d. We have a back extension which brings the area of the kitchen/extension to about 40 square metres. At present it just has a cheap and cheerful laminate down. But underneath we put a good quality insulated underlay. It makes for a lovely warm room eventhough it is quite big.

Anyway we want to have it tiled with polished porcelain tiles and I'm wondering is there anything worth putting under the tiles that may help keep the heat in or do the tiles do that job anyway? Its onto a concrete floor.

I suppose I'm not entirely sure if the underlay currently down, as expensive as it was, actually adds to the warmth of the room? We don't want to end up with a freezing cold floor with the tiles down?

Don't really know enough about it basically. Any ideas??

Thanks

Advertisement