Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 JC Maths Paper 1 - all levels - June 5th 2015***

Options
  • 03-06-2015 10:43pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭

For discussion of the exams AFTER they have been held.

Please indicate which level paper you are talking about.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ylroy

HL- Most of them were okay but there were 3 particular sections in the questions that werr very difficult: Conversion of formula, finding the gross wage and Pythagoras. I hopefully get a low B or a High C. I wish paper 2 would be easier and boost my grade a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 frans123

Higher Level : Easy , Except for one or two parts like the very last part of question and finding gross profit

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DaleyBlind

Did badly on Q3 and Q14 d. Was it just me that thought there was a mistake in Q10 or I am just wrong? In the question about sets, it said:
    18 had measles
    40 had chickenpox.

Shouldn't it have said:
    18 had only measles
    40 had only chickenpox?

The reason I think this is because if you add them all up in the first on it's 85. If you add them all up with only written it's 100. And there is a difference between saying 'only' and not saying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 frans123

mine added fine

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Higher level. Found the paper really easy bar the last part of the last question.

• Advertisement

DaleyBlind wrote: »
    Did badly on Q3 and Q14 d. Was it just me that thought there was a mistake in Q10 or I am just wrong? In the question about sets, it said:
    18 had measles
    40 had chickenpox.

Shouldn't it have said:
    18 had only measles
    40 had only chickenpox?

The reason I think this is because if you add them all up in the first on it's 85. If you add them all up with only written it's 100. And there is a difference between saying 'only' and not saying it.

I think if they hadnt said it, you should subtract the one they have in common ie. their intersections

ylroy wrote: »
    I think if they hadnt said it, you should subtract the one they have in common ie. their intersections
    Yeah it didn't write only so after subtracting the intersections I ended up with only 85 in total so I'm not sure where I went wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

Thought that exam was so easy.
    I'm pretty sure I got all the questions correct.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭GJAerLingus

Ordinary Level.
    It went pretty well. All the questions were easy except for one of the last ones which had something along the lines of:
    "Multiply K by 3 and take 5 away" Didn`t quite get it.

Ordinary Level.
    It went pretty well. All the questions were easy except for one of the last ones which had something along the lines of:
    "Multiply K by 3 and take 5 away" Didn`t quite get it.

3K - 5?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Mldj

HL. Definitely got 100%. Thought the paper was very nice.
    I felt that q6 was not clear as to whether the data was continuous or discrete, and it was therefore unclear whether one should use a dashed line or a solid line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭GJAerLingus

gazump123 wrote: »
    3K - 5?

Thats what I said, talked to someone afterwards and they said they got a completely different answer. Hope I get some marks for it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 conorfinn1

Thought the paper overall was grand.
    I probably got a C in it though, I may be harsh on myself, didn't answer one part. Gave everything else every attempt I could.

Mldj wrote: »
    HL. Definitely got 100%. Thought the paper was very nice.
    I felt that q6 was not clear as to whether the data was continuous or discrete, and it was therefore unclear whether one should use a dashed line or a solid line.

Which question was that? The mobile data one?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭patrickLouth1

HL- I am very confident i got an A on that paper
    Does anyone know the solution for
    Explain why t100=t98 + t97

HL- I am very confident i got an A on that paper
    Does anyone know the solution for
    Explain why t100=t98 + t97

I said because in this instence Tn-1 + Tn-2 is always equal to Tn. e.g.
    t1 + t2 = t3
    1 + 2 = 3
    3 = 3

Have no idea if its right though.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Kbvdpo

t1 + t2 = t3
    1 + 2 = 3
    3 = 3

I said that too! I hope it's right!

t1 + t2 = t3
    1 + 2 = 3
    3 = 3

Sounds right
    What did you get for using an algebraic formula to express k as F
    For the kelvin question

Kbvdpo wrote: »
    I said that too! I hope it's right!

Wait what did you get t1 and t2 to equal to?

Sounds right
    What did you get for using an algebraic formula to express k as F
    For the kelvin question

I said 5(459.67 + F) over 9.

• Advertisement

It's because each Tn equaled the two previous added together.

E.g:t(3)=t(2)+t(1)
    t(5)=t(4)+t(3)

I know that looks wrong but I'm refering to how many possible combinations there were, not the actual number of the step.

Saying that t(1) and t(2) is equal is wrong because that's not right. You would have to say that the possible combinations were equal, not the number of the step because that logic doesn't work after t(3).

haiyna wrote: »
    It's because each Tn equaled the two previous added together.

E.g:t(3)=t(2)+t(1)
    t(5)=t(4)+t(3)

I know that looks wrong but I'm refering to how many possible combinations there were, not the actual number of the step.

Saying that t(1) and t(2) is equal is wrong because that's not right. You would have to say that the possible combinations were equal, not the number of the step because that logic doesn't work after t(3).

I actually said that haha so happy i didnt know what i was saying but i guess i was right

What did y'all ger for part (iii) on the function one i think it was q4 you had to solve for k,well i think it was K

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mantis1234

I found the ordinary paper very easy, almost too easy. Also, did anyone find it strange how there was only 12 questions?

I got 3k+5=k
    2k=-5
    K=-5/2

haiyna wrote: »
    They're going to have do something about that paper's marking scheme because by the looks of it way too many people got A's.

Can't wait for Paper 2, that's my better paper and I think everything was right in paper 1. ðŸ˜႒

No offense, but I think you should be delighted that people are getting good marks for once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pitapattern

Hey can anyone tell me which was the question about airplanes, I can't remember! Just saw it in the Irish Times and I don't remember what it relates to, help!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hey can anyone tell me which was the question about airplanes, I can't remember! Just saw it in the Irish Times and I don't remember what it relates to, help!

It was on the LC Higher paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pitapattern

spurious wrote: »
    It was on the LC Higher paper.

Thank God the Irish Times got it wrong! I was so worried! Phew!

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Mldj

Which question was that? The mobile data one?

Ye.

Advertisement