Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 JC Maths Paper 1 - all levels - June 5th 2015***

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

Thats what i was thinking,what did you get for q13plotting the 2 graphs

For (a) my line was parallel to the first one and a little bit above it. For (b) the line was going the opposite way for me, it had a positive slope.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭patrickLouth1

For (a) my line was parallel to the first one and a little bit above it. For (b) the line was going the opposite way for me, it had a positive slope.

Yep thats what a got aswell 🙌

• Registered Users Posts: 18 frans123

no one wouldnt be correct as i said real numbers, and both number had to be the same, so ive its something like 0<=n<=1 it can then be
    in decimal places

frans123 wrote: »
    no one wouldnt be correct as i said real numbers, and both number had to be the same, so ive its something like 0<=n<=1 it can then be
    in decimal places

I got 1<=n<=1, surely that would be correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭patrickLouth1

I got 1<=n<=1, surely that would be correct?

Id say it was at first but beciase the paper was so easy id say they will mark it really hard but thats imo

• Advertisement

Id say it was at first but beciase the paper was so easy id say they will mark it really hard but thats imo

Ah sure, it's over now anyway, I won't worry about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 UdNwike

frans123 wrote: »
    in decimal places

But surely,and I may be mistaken it asked for two numbers n E N,which meant you had to give a natural number,This meant that the number had to be bigger than zero and a whole number

• Registered Users Posts: 18 frans123

it was a real number for the second part check it on examination .ie

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

UdNwike wrote:
    But surely,and I may be mistaken it asked for two numbers n E N,which meant you had to give a natural number,This meant that the number had to be bigger than zero and a whole number

Nope, that would've been too easy. Question clearly said Real numbers which is what caused a lot of confusion. As long as you have two of the same numbers, I think you're fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 UdNwike

haiyna wrote: »
    Nope, that would've been too easy. Question clearly said Real numbers which is what caused a lot of confusion. As long as you have two of the same numbers, I think you're fine.
    My mistake hahaha,I wrote down 1 and 1 anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Mantis1234

I didn't do one question. For some reason I just went blank on it. It was the one where you had to factorise x^2 - x - 6

Anyy idea how many marks I lost on that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Mldj

(x+2)(x-3)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Mantis1234 wrote: »
    I didn't do one question. For some reason I just went blank on it. It was the one where you had to factorise x^2 - x - 6

Anyy idea how many marks I lost on that one?
    Doubt you lost that many marks to be honest, wouldn't be too worried about it.

Mldj wrote: »
    (x+2)(x-3)

The thing is I left an hour early but then realised how to do it after I left.

I'm gonna spend the whole 2 hours for paper 2 this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

Mantis1234 wrote:
    I'm gonna spend the whole 2 hours for paper 2 this time.

It's 2 and a half hours.

haiyna wrote: »
    It's 2 and a half hours.

Not for ordinary level.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 56 ✭✭AvrilDoyle2000

Ordinary was easy again hoping for a B

Advertisement