Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 JC Irish - all levels - June 4th 2015***

Options
  • 03-06-2015 10:46pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭

For discussion of the exams AFTER they have been held.

Please indicate which level paper you are talking about.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Swifty_

Paper 1 wasn't too bad I suppose. Thankfully the Aimsir Fhaistineach came up (as predicted), comprehensions weren't too bad either. And I did the essay on a job I'd like when I leave school :)

Roll on paper 2!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 56 ✭✭AvrilDoyle2000

Ordinary Level was easy as paper!! Listening was slightly difficult but apart from that The postcard, cuntas and letter were amazingggggg

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Mldj

HL. Just out of paper one. The listening was challenging but fair in my opinion. I felt the comprehensions were easy, as was the grammar section. I did the debate Mol an óige agus tiocfaidh sí. The other option was on the Easter Rising, which I felt was not fair to put on a junior certificate paper, as it is a very difficult topic. I think I got high b low a.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭patrickLouth1

Help hahah ok on the ordinary listening was the answer the man taking a selfie or the bird😂

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Was in eachtra a tharla nuair a bhi me ag siopadoireacht? (Sorry I'm abroad and can't do fadas on this keyboard).

Anyone remember the letters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Higher level.
    Paper 1. Comprehensions were easy enough, grammar section was okay, did the eachtra about going shopping with a friend and think I did well enough in that.

Paper 2. Questions were easy enough in the unseen prós. However, didn't understand any of the themes for the studied prós so picked misneach and wrote about Díoltas an Mada Rua which is wrong. Unseen poetry was hard enough and for the studied poetry I did Fear Lasta Lampaí for saol na cathrach. Did the letter about going to the cinema and thought it was easy enough.

Probably should get a B.

Paper 2- This was actually the best paper 2 ive ever done. The unseen prose wasnt easy, but at the same time it wasnt as difficult as others, like deoraiocht on the mock. For the studied, I did clisteacht. The poems were nice, understood both. For the studied poetry I chose tuismitheoir and wrote about subh milis. I really wanted to write about an tozon or beal na scornai though. The letter was nice. I wrote about Harry Potter. Should get high b low a. In my mock I got an A so fingers crossed!!!!
    (Didnt do oral)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Kbvdpo

Did higher level & thought it was all fantastic! My story & Poem fitted well & I thought for the most part, I did good! The only thing I'm not too confident with is the ceapadoireacht, I did the debate 'mol an oige & tiocfaidh sí' I hoped for a better debate title but I gave it my best!

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

Holy sh*t that exam was unbelievable!!!

*Paper 1*
    -Aural was fine. Missed one I think at the very end but I wrote what I heard down so I'll get a few marks.
    -Comprehensions were perfect. Understood them all and I think I got all the answers.
    -Grammar was also perfect I think. I'm pretty sure I got all of them right.
    -My story was really good. I chose the first option and I talked about how my parents told the principal that I couldn't take the exam because they were busy so then I wrote An Gadai and then the last part was the aftermath of it in school and how I was actually unlucky to have missed the exam.
    I wrote 3.5 A4 pages on that!!!

*Paper 2*
    -Answered all the unseen prose questions and it was fine for the most part. Wrote about "An Gadai" for the prepared prose and I think that was fine too.
    -Answered all unseen poetry questions and it was actually so simple. Wrote about Subh Milis for the prepared poetry and that was fine.
    -Did the first letter and it was about 2 A4 pages and I think that went really well.

Overall I really enjoyed that exam. I hope that I got an A because I also sat the oral exam back in March which went extremely well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 conorfinn1

Higher Level:

overall paper 1 was alright apart from that Oireachtas comprehension.
    The listening was good.
    Comprehensions alright, lorde one was amazing, oireachtas a little annoying
    Grammar was grand, A.F. Came up thanks be to god.
    Essay titles were alright. I did the job I wanted

Paper 2 was perfect being honest, the Prose was a little challenging and I wrote for the studied one "An t-Ádh"
    The unseen poem was perfect. I wrote about "Subh Milis" for the studied one.
    The letter was really nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

1916 rising as a debate for jc irish? Craziness

What did everyone write for the grammar section b 6 where you had topick the word

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DaleyBlind

Mldj wrote: »
    What did everyone write for the grammar section b 6 where you had topick the word

daoine

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

koolis02 wrote:
    1916 rising as a debate for jc irish? Craziness

I stayed very, very clear from anything but aiste in that section!

Yay got it right :) !!!!!

The diospoireacht and the aiste are very similar though. Just a common opening and ending and putting in words like seafóid and truflais

Advertisement