Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge to Kilkenny

Options
  • 03-06-2015 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi folks, have the possibility of a new job in Kilkenny City Centre but just wondering if anyone is currently commuting from Newbridge to Kilkenny. Google maps is telling me it will take 1 hour and 1 minute from my house but what's the realistic time in the mornings. I'd have an 8am start Monday and Tuesday and a 9 or 9.30 start the other days. Coming home wise, what's it like getting out of Kilkenny in the evenings. TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The biggest variable here is where in Kilkenny. Even within the centre, nice and close to the motorway spur is going to be a huge difference to being out the Callan Road for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭dufferlover

Apologies. New position would be smack bang in the city centre on High Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've found it can take 20-25mins during school terms to get out to the motorway from dead centre. Some narrow enough or one way roads, and also roadworks on the new central access road scheme.

Add most of that to the Google estimated time; it'll be pretty much spot on for the motorway segments.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭dufferlover

L1011 wrote: »
    I've found it can take 20-25mins during school terms to get out to the motorway from dead centre. Some narrow enough or one way roads, and also roadworks on the new central access road scheme.

Add most of that to the Google estimated time; it'll be pretty much spot on for the motorway segments.

Thanks for that. What I expected so. Think it might be a push to far for me so. Oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

Thanks for that. What I expected so. Think it might be a push to far for me so. Oh well!

Is the train an option?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Hi folks, have the possibility of a new job in Kilkenny City Centre but just wondering if anyone is currently commuting from Newbridge to Kilkenny. Google maps is telling me it will take 1 hour and 1 minute from my house but what's the realistic time in the mornings. I'd have an 8am start Monday and Tuesday and a 9 or 9.30 start the other days. Coming home wise, what's it like getting out of Kilkenny in the evenings. TIA

You'll be fine for the summer months.

You'll be fine for mondays and tuesdays.

You'll be fine for Fridays (traffic always lighter on Fridays)

Get there early on Wed & thuirs and have a leisurely cuppa before work!

Or as above, the train could be a good option especially if your employer can organise the ticket via the taxsaver scheme (employer takes cost from your gross salary, thus saving you tax and prsi on cost of the ticket)

Advertisement