Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person not leaving in a house anymore

Options
  • 03-06-2015 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

I am getting tons of posts of a tenant who rented the house I just purchased and I would like to let the post office know that the person is not leaving there any more. Do you know how? Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

It's up to the person who moves out to redirect thier post not you.

Return to sender address on the back.

All the post will fade after time I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Kop On

pasquale83 wrote: »
    I am getting tons of posts of a tenant who rented the house I just purchased and I would like to let the post office know that the person is not leaving there any more. Do you know how? Thanks a million!

Write "Not known at this address" on the letters and throw them back in the post box. It might take a few goes but eventually they will stop. I had the same issue, was getting rubbish post daily, but after returning 5 or 6 batches of post it stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭pasquale83

I think that the guy that used to live in the house didn't cancel most of the things he had here in Ireland. He was a foreign national and I don't think he will take care of any redirection if he hadn't till now. I just don't want to have the mail box flooded with his post...

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭pasquale83

Kop On wrote: »
    Write "Not known at this address" on the letters and throw them back in the post box. It might take a few goes but eventually they will stop. I had the same issue, was getting rubbish post daily, but after returning 5 or 6 batches of post it stopped.

Thanks, I'll try to do something like that. When I was leaving in the US that was the way I used to follow for dealing with a similar issue. I didn't think it was used also here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

worded wrote: »

Still getting post for an accountant that lived in our house and moved 15 years ago, so the return to sender thing does not always work!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

Nail up the letter box op.

Or Put "only junk mail" sign up :-)

Advertisement