Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Throw Old pans out or donate to charity shop ? Are they still safe ?

Options
  • 04-06-2015 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

I have 20 year old Gourmet Pride pots, one large and one small which are oven safe with heatproof handles. The Teflon surface inside has pretty much worn down but isn't flaking off and I have only become aware that this might be dangerous. I have replaced them with stainless steel pots.

Since the pots are very much structurally sound and the handles are holding strong too so it really seems a pity to throw them out.

So are they safe to use or is it always a gamble ? The base of both look worn on the inside but everything else is top notch.

Since I have excellent new stainless steel pots I would donate these pots to a charity shop. If I donate and someone else uses them , is it harmful for them ? Should they be scrapped ? Often I see very old Teflon pots with worn bases on the inside at charity shops and often wonder if this is a safe item for those shops to sell. Mine is worn of Teflon but structurally sound but not burnt or stained, just very worn.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

As per the sticky at the top of the first page of this forum - asking for Safety advice is forbidden in this forum.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement