Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the graduate visa available in other countries besides Ireland?

Options
  • 04-06-2015 2:25am

Hello,

Irish student here. Have completed my undergrad here two years ago and I'd like to go the states in the next two years. I'm considering undertaking a masters between now and then and all going well, I'll get that.

My question is - I know I can get the graduate visa here in Ireland post-Masters but I can only get that from studying in an Irish institution, whereas if all goes to plan, I would like to possibly study in another country in Europe.

Does anyone know if other countries offer the same kind of 12 month graduate visa that Ireland offers? Bonus round - Would I be eligible for this as an Irish student in Germany for example.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Nope. It's for Irish passport holders attending an Irish 3rd level institute only. Not even Irish students who study in the UK can get it.

Bummer. Do you have a source for that? Wasn't finding info that handy on that specification.

Thanks very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Literally the first website I checked :).
    Is the 1 year Graduate USA Programme open to all Irish Nationals?

No. You need to be a recent graduate from a full time or part time education (within 1 years, min degree level) from a recognised ROI or NI college/University and hold an Irish passport. All applicants must show proof of return to Ireland.

I hold an Irish passport and/or live in Ireland but studied in the UK. Am I eligible?

No. You must be registered or be within 1 years of graduation from a University within the 32 counties of Ireland.

http://www.usavisa.ie/1-year-graduate-visa/faqs

Advertisement