Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyebrow Piercing damage

• 04-06-2015 4:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So I got my eyebrow pierced about a year ago, it was a great experience, not very painful, very hygienic and all was going well.... until about 6 months later. I went to get a haircut and as the hairdresser was combing my wet hair, she yanked my piercing. I thought it had just pulled the ball out of the actually jewelry so I looked around for it, turns out she pull the bottom of my piercing through the hole and into my eyebrow. It hurt like crazy but she finished cutting and blow drying my hair before I left and spent the next half hour in the car fishing it back through the hole.

Ever since then I'd been worried about it getting infected, so I've taken good care of it and didn't mess with it. But now it's been 6 months since the incident and it's still full of puss and occasionally blood, and every now and then if I bump the piercing or take it out to shower or wash my face, it gets stuck back in the hole it was pulled through. It hurts to have to keep fishing it through my hole and it's annoying to have it full of puss all the time.

Does this count as infected? What should I do about it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Here's an absolutely far out idea: there are these establishments full of medical professionals who studied years to help people with medical issues, they're called hospitals. Go to one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If it was infected it'd be painful, and red/inflamed, it sounds like fairly normal piercing reaction to getting massively aggrivated. The blood though doesn't sound good, so yeah, go to a doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

Here's an absolutely far out idea: there are these establishments full of medical professionals who studied years to help people with medical issues, they're called hospitals. Go to one!

before you do the far out idea ,try your local chemist or your doctors ,they might have a nurse who can guide you on what you need to do before you endure a wait and a referrral back to your gp

are you sterlising the bar each time you put it back in?
    Can you leave the bar out for a few days?

nobody can give medical advice only ur gp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

artdrea wrote: »
    But now it's been 6 months since the incident and it's still full of puss and occasionally blood......................it's annoying to have it full of puss all the time.

Does this count as infected? What should I do about it?

Its full of pus and sometimes blood - yes its infected.

Its not getting a chance to heal because you are leaving an unsterilised foreign body in an infected hole.

How on earth anyone can go around with a pus filled hole on their face for 6 months without seeing a doctor about it is a little puzzling to be sure.

Not intended as scaremongering but an infection on the face that close to the eye would have me racing to my doctor.

Advertisement